Russia/USSR has created more devastating weapons than ___________

In this debate, my opponent will choose a country and begin to list that country's most devastating weapons. I will be arguing that Russia/USSR's weapons are superior/more devastating than the weapons of the country of my opponent's choice.

Weapons can be anything from warplanes, to bombs, to missiles, to tanks to guns. Weapons should be specific. For example, not the Atom Bomb in general, but a specific model. (Fat Man, for example. One of the nukes that was dropped on Japan.)

If you have any questions, please ask in the comments.

First Round is only for acceptance.
Round 2- My opponent must announce the country that he will be "representing" and list 3 weapons.
Round 3 and 4- My opponent must list 3 weapons in each Round.

We will not be arguing the sheer destructive power and efficiency of the weapons.

I accept this challenge.

As mentioned, I will be representing Russia/USSR.

1. Tu-160 (Blackjack)- This is the biggest, heaviest bomber ever produced. (Made in 1989 in USSR). This monster has a load of up to 165,000 kg of explosives, capable of causing unseen destruction. Even with that, it is still quite fast. Let's compare this weight load to other bombers:
B2 Spirit- 83,000 kg
B1 Lancer- 129,000 kg
B-52 Stratofortress- 143,000 kg
Tu-160- 165,000 kg

2. R-36 (Satan) Missile- NATO calls this missile "Satan" for a good reason. It is Soviet technology and was, in fact, recently upgraded. This missile is capable of carrying 10 warheads and 40 penetration aids. A single one of those warheads is over 20 Megatons of TNT.

3. Tsar Bomb- The most powerful man-made explosive ever made. When this bomb was tested, the subsequent mushroom cloud was 40 miles high. The "cap of the mushroom" had a width of 59 miles, and the base had a width of 25 miles. All buildings in a town located 34 miles away were destroyed. A third degree burn would be inflicted to anyone standing within a 62 mile radius, and a "thermal pulse" was felt by scientists that were 170 miles away. The seismic shock wave from the detonation could be measurable even on its THIRD passage around the Earth. Finally, this bomb was about 2,380 times more powerful than Fat Man, the atomic bomb that was dropped on Nagasaki.

I await my opponent's response.

- I thank my opponent for responding.

In this debate I will present the country, USA and its weapons of distractions. I believe that the United States of America had and always will have the most powerful weapons on this planet, no matter if they are thermonuclear, missiles, tanks or guns. The weapons that I will present are as follows:

1. Fat Man- Fat Man was an atomic bomb dropped on Nagasaki, Japan, during the Pacific War on August 9, 1945. The weapon was built by the Los Almos Laboratory. This bomb weighed 4,670 kg, its length was 3.3 meters and the diameter of the bomb was 1.5 meters. The bomb was filled with an overwhelming amount of Plutonium. The filling weight of this bomb was 14lb and the detonation yield was 21kt or 88TJ.

2. Massive Ordance Penetrator- Also known as the GBU-57A/B is a weapon belonging to the U.S. Air Force. The weapon's nickname is the "bunker buster" bomb. The weapon was originally conducted by Boeing. It weighs approximately 14,000 kg. It has a length of 6.2 meters and a diameter of 0.80 meters.

3. UGM-133A Trident II- The Trident II is a ballistic missile which was built by Lockhead Martin Space Systems based in Sunnyvale, California; it was introduced to service on March 1990. The weapon is used by the United States Navy and the Royal Navy. The unit cost of the weapon has been $37,320,070 since 2014. The weight of the weapon is 59,000 kg. The length is 13.579 meters. The diameter is 2.11 meters. Contains W88 and W76 warheads. The speed of the missile is 18,030 mph. The accuracy is 300-390 according to CEP.

I will note that my opponent did not provide any description of how destructive/powerful the weapons he presented are. He only gave their dimensions and weight. He provided speed/accuracy for the Trident, but that still does not reveal how powerful the missile is.

I would also like to say that as far as atom bombs go, the Fat Man was not very powerful. As mentioned, the Tsar Bomb is literally thousands of times more powerful than both, the Fat Man and the "Bunker Buster". A single warhead of the "Satan" missile is more powerful than the Fat Man.

Remember, we are going for most destructive within the weapon's "class". For example, you cannot compare an artillery piece to a bomb or missile. I hope the voters will judge fairly. Now, onto my second round of weaponry.

1. KBP AGS-17 Plamya (Flame)- This is a Soviet 30 mm grenade launcher. Quite possibly the most destructive feature of this weapon is that it fires nearly seven grenades PER SECOND. Its effective firing range is 1.7 km, which means the user can destroy enemies at a very long range without being shot at.

2. M1939- A super-heavy Soviet howitzer. It fired 305 mm rounds that would destroy everything in its path. Because the round is so enormous, it takes three minutes to reload. If the caliber doesn't tell you anything, get some measuring tape and measure out 305 mm. That is the diameter of the round. (Approx. 0.33 yards)

3. 2S7 Pion- This Soviet SPG is known as the largest SPG ever built, and the most powerful conventional artillery piece in the world. Its 203 mm gun can fire projectiles up to 29 miles away to hit a target. It is also capable of firing nuclear ammunition. The gun is so powerful that there is an alarm that goes off for five seconds before the gun is fired so crew members move away and are not physically incapacitated from the concussive force of the weapon.

I await my opponent's response.

- Thank you for your response it means a lot to me since I'm new to this site. I would just like to notify you that the weapons that I presented are considered as one of the most powerful arms the United States developed. I do admit that I haven't provided an explanation of how dangerous the Trident was, but I have provided the amount of warheads it contained. I have provided an explanation of how dangerous the bomb, Fat Man was. Fat Man yielded a detonation that was measured 21kt and 88TJ (TNT power). Yes, it is true that the Tsar Bomba was the most powerful atomic explosion, but it was merely an experiment produced by the USSR. Fat Man approximately killed 30,000-80,000 people in that city, this bomb has ended the Pacific War and brought triumph to the United States [1]. Thank you for informing about the sequence (least destructive to most destructive).

3. XM25 CDTE: Also known as the punisher and the Individual Semi Automatic Airbust System is an American airbust grenade launcher. It was originally used in the war in Afghanistan. Due to the weapons powerful ability of destruction the Armed Committee tried to stop its funding, but failed to do so. The weapon was designed and manufactured by Alliant Techsystem and Helter & Koch. This weapon is able to reach for point targets from 500 m and area point targets from 700 m. Although, it's maximum firing range is 1,000 M! The KBP AGS-17 may have a slightly longer firing range, but the XM25 is guaranteed to hit a target from 1,000 M! This weapon contains the following attachments: Thermal scope, environmental sensors, Ballistic computer, laser rangefinder, ammunition fuze and so much more (2).

2. 240 mm howitzer M1: This is possibly the largest and heaviest howitzer produced by the American forces. It weighs 29,300 kg and its length is 8.38 m. 14 crew members are needed to operate this machine. Its muzzle velocity is 2,300 ft and its maximum firing range is 14.3 miles. Lastly, it is able to fire 30 rounds in an hour! This howitzer was first introduced to service in 1943, it is used by the American military forces, Taiwanese forces and British forces. The M1 was used by the Americans military forces during the WWII an the Korean War (3).

1. M134 bomblet: This is a chemical, sub-munition weaponry. It was originally invested for the M190 Honest John Rocket launch in the 1950s. It was created for warfare and it improved greatly during 1964. However, this weapon was never used for war. This cluster bomb was full of the sarin nerve agent. The bomblet detonates 5,000 ft above its target to let the agent disperse in the air and later fall to the ground. The chemical agent is able to disperse in a 1,000 m diameter. The Honest John missile was able to hold 356 of M134s (4).

- I'm looking forward to my opponent's response.

"Tsar Bomba was the most powerful atomic explosion, but it was merely an experiment produced by the USSR. Fat Man approximately killed 30,000-80,000 people in that city,"
Yes, it was an experiment and it was successful. Would you rather have had the bomb dropped on a city, killing tens of thousands? The point is, the weapon is more devastating and does much more damage than the Fat Man.

"The KBP AGS-17 may have a slightly longer firing range"
700 meters is not a slightly longer firing range. The KBP AGS-17 can fire about 35%-40% farther than the XM25.

"This is possibly the largest and heaviest howitzer produced by the American forces."
In the American forces, yes, but not in the world. As mentioned, the Soviet "Pion" is the most powerful, and can fire 15 miles farther than the M1 Howitzer.

Now, to my final round of weaponry.

1. S-400- This is a Russian surface-to-air missile system. It has a range of up to 60 km in radius and 30 km of altitude. One of the most impressive features of this machine is that it can SIMULTANEOUSLY engage 36 targets and simultaneously guide 72 missiles.

2. AT-13 (Saxhorn-2) - This is a Russian anti-tank missile system. Used successfully against Israeli Merkava tanks, it is a very effective weapon against any armored vehicle. It is relatively light and can be operated by a single person. The AT-13 presents a 1.5 km range, which is more than enough to safely eliminate almost any armored target. Its armor penetration is calculated to be about 900-950 mm.

3. T-90MS - Most modern Russian main battle tank. Far superior to the American M1A2 Abrams. Let's compare them side by side:
Cost:________$6.21 million____$2.8-$4.3 million
T-90 is much cheaper.

Weight:_______62 tons___________48 tons
T-90 is lighter, making it more maneuverable.

Abrams has a bigger crew because the Abrams does NOT have an auto-loader. Abrams still uses a human loader, which is 20th century technology as well as simply making reloading slower and much less consistent than the T-90, which has an auto-loader.

Armor:______600-800 mm__1,150-1,350 mm
This does not mean that the armor is literally 800 mm thick, it is relative to a certain kind of ammo. It is evident that the T-90 has far superior armor.

Gun:___________120 mm________125 mm
There is almost no difference here BUT the T-90 is capable of firing a laser-guided missile out of its main gun which has a range of 5.5 km!

Operational Range:_425 km____550-700 km
The T-90 is much more fuel efficient and can travel much farther on a single tank of fuel.

Speed:___________67 km/h_______72 km/h
The T-90 is faster.

The T-90 is superior to the Abrams in virtually every respect. It is a great tank and very modernized defenses such as the Shtora-1 and ERA. (ERA decreases penetration of APFSDS rounds by over 50%, and Shtora-1 minimizes the chance of being hit by enemy anti-tank guided weapons.)

Thank you for the fun debate.

- Thank you once again for your submission. First let's clarify the situation about the bomb. Yes, many people died in that war, but it was war, we could both agree that the US had to do what they had to do. You omitted the fact that this bomb ended the Pacific War and brought the United States to triumph. Secondly, XM25 is much more hi-tech than the AGS-17, it is guaranteed to hit anyone from a 1,000 meter range, while the AGS-17 has some possibilities it might miss a target. The reason the XM25 is much more accurate is because of its attachments: Thermal scope, environmental sensors, ballistic computer, and so on so forth. Lastly, the M1 howitzer is also considered as one of the most heaviest and biggest howitzers built in the world by the US forces. The Pion may have a much stronger yield, but the M1 is capable of reaching targets from 14.3 miles, it has a much longer range than the Pion.

Now, allow me to end this round with the following weaponries:

3. Guided MLRS: Also known as the Guided Multiple Launch Rocket System is a missile built by the US forces. This missile is a mobile launch missile used commonly during battlefields. The length of this missile is 3.94 m. The diameter is 0.227 m. The launch weight is 302 kg. It consists of a single warhead which ways 90 kg. The firing range is 70 km aka 43 miles. The status of this missile is operational; it was introduced to service in 2003. You are also able to equip this missile with HE submunition grenades. It's guidance system source comes from the GPS. This missile is normally launched from the M270A1 military vehicle. These missiles were first deployed in Iraq in 2005. This missile was commonly replaced with thermobaric warheads and penetrator rod warheads.

2. LGM 25C Titan 2: This is an intercontinental ballistic missile. It runs on liquid propellants and it's silo based. It was the largest missile to be launched by the US Air Force and it was the final liquid fueled missile to be launched. The length of the missile is 31.10 m. The diameter is 3.05 m. It consists of a single warhead which weighs 4,000 kg. And its firing range is 15,000 km. The status of the missile is obsolete; it was revoked from service in 1987. The Titan was specifically designed for counter-value targets. You can't deny that it was consisted of a very powerful, heavy warhead that was ever designed in history.

1. LGM 118 Peacekeeper: Once again this is a silo based intercontinental ballistic missile with a liquid based fuel system. The length of the missile is 21.8 m. The diameter is 2.34 m. The launch weight was 87,750 kg. The payload was 10 Mk 21 RVs set on a MIRV platform. The missile of consisted of the powerful W87 warheads which were able to yield a 475 kt! It also had a three stage solid propellant. The status of this missile project has been terminated since 2005.

- May the odds be ever in our favors.
Posted by TheRussian 2 years ago
Would you mind voting on this debate?
Posted by TheRussian 2 years ago
My opponent speaks Russian as well :P
Posted by TheRussian 2 years ago
Yes, I am haha :)
Posted by debate_power 2 years ago
Are you actually Russian? It looks like you can speak Russian, and typically that means someone is a Russian.
Posted by TheRussian 2 years ago
You're welcome! I learned a lot as well :)
Posted by Theoretician101 2 years ago
You taught me a lot in this one debate, thank you.
Posted by Theoretician101 2 years ago
yea, next time I should read debate much more thoroughly.
Posted by TheRussian 2 years ago
haha, I even said that the Pion has a range that's 15 miles more than the M1 howitzer :P
Posted by TheRussian 2 years ago
no problem haha, don't worry about it
Posted by Theoretician101 2 years ago
Sorry, I made a few grammatical errors in my second entry. The reason is I accidentally deleted it and I had to rewrite it all.
Vote Placed by 9spaceking 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: I think pro made the better case.
Vote Placed by FuzzyCatPotato 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Tsar Bomba