vardas0antras
II_SoMG_II

Russia won the second world war

vardas0antras

Pro

My stance is that Russia won the second world war.
II_SoMG_II

Con

yes, Russia was one of the greatest world powers. but the us brought justice to germany as well as japan. did russa have an A bomb? the us was the greatest world power and renounsed itself the victor of WW2. russia just got lucky because of its harsh cold weather. adolf and napolenoin are both dumb dictators.......deffanatly not metorlogists
vardas0antras

Pro

Russia did win the world war 2 but it wasn't the only country, here is a list:
The Allies - Britain, France, the U.S, the Soviet Union, China, Canada, Australia and others were the winners of World War 2. By 1945 Germany and Japan had suffered a devastating de

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com...

Note: Russia was part of the Soviet Union
II_SoMG_II

Con

Britian and France both feel victim to the harsh assault given to them by adolf. It was up to the united states and Russia to protect the world. Those other countries my opponent has listed only added a portion of soldiers and supples to the war efforts. USA stopped a (also very powerful country) japan with the dropping of the atomic bomb on the 2 major cities Hiroshima & Nagasaki. The USA gained naval supermisy after winning major battles at sea primairly in the battle of midway (4-7 June 1942) . Adolf hitlers plan to attack from different direction failed miserabably when his troops feel victim to the harsh cold climate of mother Russia. If conditions where different Russia would probably have fallen to Germany just as most of the allied countries did. Show me (in ww2) where the USA won any battle because of the weather conditions. All of the united states battles where won from intimidation and power. United states of America won the 2nd world war Russia only protected itself. The Us went out to help other countries who was Russia fighting for?? Themselves? There really isn't a comparision. The united states should have been the only country to have the title of a super power..... I believe that Russia was only given that name because it had a fairly strong economey. I'm looking forward to what my opponent has to say.
vardas0antras

Pro

As I have shown before Russia did emerge victorious during WW2 - this has not been challenged.

"If conditions where different Russia would probably have fallen to Germany just as most of the allied countries did"
If it was sunny and bright during winter then yes. However, if it was just a normal winter in Russia then Russia would have won nevertheless:
http://wiki.answers.com...

Also the USA only joined the war in the last few years, again. America is in no way or shape or form was USA a big factor in world wars.
II_SoMG_II

Con

my opponent states "Also the USA only joined the war in the last few years, again. America is in no way or shape or form was USA a big factor in world wars." The usa was the deciding factor of the outcome of the war. if the atomic bombing in japan didnt happen japan would have done great damage to the US. And my opponent states that america isnt a big factor in the world wars yet when the united states entered the war the allied started to win. No country is going to mess with the united states/allies when we have an atomic bomb. and my opponent has failed to argue his point. he/she doesnt provide evidence to show why russia won the WW2. im not saying that the united states won the war all by themselves. thats not the case. but that, the US was the DECIDING FACTOR of the war. (In a sense saying if the US wouldent have joined in the war, russia, along with all of the other allies, would have fallen.)
Posted by ollie342 6 years ago
ollie342
US AND BRITAIN DEFEATED THE NAZIS IN NORTH AFRICA BEFORE THE RUSSIANS EVER WON A BATTLE AGAINST THE NAZIS. iF youre too dumb to come up with something that disproves that and instead only comment on my age then you need to get off this site. IM REPORTING YOU FOR BEING A TROL FAIL

COUNTERSTRIKE WTF?
~BOOM FACESHOT~
Posted by Pat 6 years ago
Pat
I didn't understand anything you said in the first two sentences xD

Maybe to do with the fact I'm relatively new here.
Posted by dinokiller 6 years ago
dinokiller
This is the teen turf of the DDO. We aint old mans, we are just too smart for you.
As I just said, this debate was about whether Russia won the war or not. Russia CLEARLY did won the war with the help of other allies. So Vardas shouldnt be losing.
Posted by Pat 6 years ago
Pat
faceshot? r u another css obsessed 15 year old?

css = counter-strike source (the best counter-strike in my opinion)
Posted by Pat 6 years ago
Pat
You were wrong because you said that the US was the deciding factor in Europe as well, when it was really the Soviets.
Posted by Pat 6 years ago
Pat
Actually, I'm 15, but anyway...

Oh and @ 1stLordofTheVenerability, the Japanese tried to attack the USSR, failed, and then seeked neutrality. After Yalta, they were constantly trying to convince the USSR to maintain neutrality...

Back to SoMG, are you going to deny that the guys who voted for you were vote bombers? I wonder how knowledgeable you really are... but I can't really determine that on the Internet. If the USSR was ONE of the victors, it won the war did it not? So then how could vardas0antras lose? In any case, I don't want to debate this anymore. It seems like nothing more than a waste of time.
Posted by 1stLordofTheVenerability 6 years ago
1stLordofTheVenerability
Imagine how the Soviet Union would have faired if there was no US to deter the Japanese? My my, I dislike to think of the slaughter.
Posted by II_SoMG_II 6 years ago
II_SoMG_II
Hhahaahh this is so stupid..... I bet I'm argueing a 30 year old man that has nothing else to do but comment on debates that he really just looked up. I'm in high school and I have studied ww2 as well as the cold war and much more. And I wasn't saying you where getting all of your stuff off wiki... I was saying my opponent was... Look at all his links it's all wiki stuff. And the topic is that the ussr was the victor of ww2 so we are talking about the end of the war where the us and ussr where the world powers. And pat tell me how I was wrong when all I said was that the us was the deciding factor of the war. I also stated that Russia was also victorious as well as the other allied countries. My arguement was that Russia wasn't the only winner
Posted by ollie342 6 years ago
ollie342
I'm TELLING YOU BRITAIN AND THE USA DEFEATED THE NAZIS IN NORTH AFRICA BEFORE RUSSIA DEFEATED THE GERMANS IN THE BATTLE OF MOSCOW OR STALINGRAD. CHECK WIKIPEDIA LIKE YOU HAVE BEEN THIS WHOLE TIME! YOUR SCHOOLING YEARS??? WHAT ARE YOU 30??? YOU KNOW NOTHING DUMMY.
~BOOM FACESHOT~
1stLordofTheVenerability
This wasn't exactly a great, thought provoking historical debate, but lets not forget that Russia engaged, throughout the entire war, on one front. Lets also not forget that for over two years they were scrambling in their home territory, while England, the United States, Brazil, France, Poland etc. were all engaged in various theatres. Lastly, the United States supplied the USSR with billions of tons of supplies; without these, the civilians of Leningrad would have starved, soldiers would have been poorly equipped and frozen, efficient fighter planes would be few etc.

Pat, I contend that Great Britain and France are still superpowers. Great Britain certainly attempted to be during the Cold War, but they now have perhaps one of the best equipped armies in the world.
Vote Placed by Cliff.Stamp 6 years ago
Cliff.Stamp
vardas0antrasII_SoMG_IITied
Vote Placed by TheMasterDebator 6 years ago
TheMasterDebator
vardas0antrasII_SoMG_IITied
Vote Placed by m93samman 6 years ago
m93samman
vardas0antrasII_SoMG_IITied
Vote Placed by ollie342 6 years ago
ollie342
vardas0antrasII_SoMG_IITied
Vote Placed by II_SoMG_II 6 years ago
II_SoMG_II
vardas0antrasII_SoMG_IITied