DebatingismySport
PowerPikachu21

S!h!o!u!l!d W!e A!L!L G!O B!a!c!k T!o T!H!E S!T!O!N!E A!G!E?

DebatingismySport has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

DebatingismySport

Pro

It would make us appreciate the nature more and not destroy it. We should all become friends and stop attacking others online and have nice meals at the table.
PowerPikachu21

Con

The exclamation points beckon me. On behalf of Deoxys and humans, I'll accept this debate. I argue we should stay in the Technology Age. First, some definitions.

[The resolution is "Should we go back to the stone age?".]

Should: Implying that there are benefits to the Stone Age

Go back: Revert to an earlier stage; the Stone Age. We are not time travelling, so our research on animals are still available, we just probably won't use the knowledge.

Stone Age: According to wikipedia: "The Stone Age was a broad prehistoric period during which stone was widely used to make implements with an edge, a point, or a percussion surface. The period lasted roughly 3.4 million years, and ended between 8700 BCE and 2000 BCE with the advent of metalworking."

In the stone age, humans mainly lived in huts, and used bow and arrows, as well as axes.

I'll begin my argument Round 2.
Posted by PowerPikachu21 1 year ago
PowerPikachu21
Seems like debating isn't his sport. Reverting society to the Stone Age would mean we use bow and arrows instead of guns, making hunting trickier, although still possible. Pro claims it would make us appreciate nature, though I do see where he's coming from, lions would be a bigger problem if we're living next to them.

Another part of my argument is that, with the absence of factories and easy hunting, human competition for resources would increase, and we wouldn't be friends as easily, contrary to Pro's desires of war free. Sure, we wouldn't be insulting each other in flame wars, but we'd instead be physically attacking in real fights.

Another thing: As far as I know, an average person walks about 4 miles an hour (this is just a guess.) but I know humans aren't as fast as cars. It would take longer to go places.
Posted by Repcon 1 year ago
Repcon
Pikachu i need you to submit your argument for our debate
Posted by PowerPikachu21 1 year ago
PowerPikachu21
Unless I see convincing arguments from Pro, I'll only state a few points. But I think my arguments will come from an obvious perspective, considering that I love computers.