SC vs. AOE

Started: 6/14/2011 Category: Technology

Do you accept the challenge pussycat?
I argue in favor of the Starcraft series being a better overall game than the sultry, dank, and violently hopeless series of Age of Empires.

1. Better Graphics. No question.
2. People actually play it. 'Nuff said.
3. The Micro is more intricate, and the Macro is more expansive.
4. The units are 50% cooler looking + Death animations are off the chain.
5. Age of Empires? More like Age of Gayness.

Just so we don't get banned or w/e, the full and entire purpose of this is to entertain, as we are just joking. I do think SC is better though :p.
YOUR MOVE!!!! < reminds me of yu-gi-oh :D

Honestly, i didnt mean to accept this debate
Ive never played star craft in my life, i dont even know what its about.

Star craft is more expensive though, and if your a tight a** like me, then you will buy AOE.

Ahhh well SC is about strategy. The storyline's pretty kickas$ too. But yea it costs 60, compared to 30 with aoe... It's worth it though, considering it's a never-ending game. Really though I can accept it if you don't like it, but not until you've played it :)

And actually i think aoe is pretty awesome too, to be honest. The only problems is that certain matchups are certainly not balanced, i.e. Brit v. Russia. And almost any civ. vs. ports stands no chance. 2 tcs?! wtf? and the other problem is that not enough people play it. The most people i've seen online at one time is ~2800, and the least is ~340, and these numbers include all of the expansions and original disks, so it's really divided up between 3 games, making the most ever on on

Alexander_The_Great forfeited this round.

No one vote on this haha. Neither of us won. It was just a joke. I don't want a free win and i dont want a free loss either :p Leave it as a tie please :) thanks

One thing I like about Age of empires is that it is based on real world events. So I like the historical accuracy, which isn't a good reason to like this game more. But if your that type of person this is the game for you.
While playing the game you get a chance to learn to say "yes" in different languages. And things like
I will do it, attack now, food hunting, wood cutting, and so on.
I know how to say a few things in English(duh), French, German, Spanish, Japanese, Chinese, Dutch, Russian, and the whatever the Ottomans speak.
And in Star craft, I think the only thing you gather is blue crystals, how is that spouse to help raise an army? That's stupid Haha
The fights in SC. last like 5 sec,so if u like long epic battles, too bad.
Posted by Alexander_The_Great 5 years ago
its cool, no one vote on this!
Posted by Adam_The_Analyst 5 years ago
urghhh ur lucky there's not another round, you nugget :p