Batclone12
demonlord343

# SHORTER SCHOOL HOURS# YES OR NO (please click yes)

demonlord343

Batclone12

Pro

I think that school hours must be cut shorter! On a nice wonderful day in the winter, while the snow is perfect to slid down and make forts out of, surprise surprise! theres school. and by the time you get back to play in it, its all dirty, and gone, or other things even worse. Nice breezy day, perfect to go to boston for a week, sun shineing. sounds nice right? well THERES SCHOOL. I'm begging all of the people glued to their computers and this wonderful website to please vote for SHORTER SCHOOL HOURS! also think, less school is less homework :3.
demonlord343

Con

Well, I see that you want more time outside of school, yes? Well, Id say, give it longer hours. Yes, let school go on longer. Give each school day an extra 2 hours. Give the school one hour in the morning, and one during the afternoon. This is much easier for parents to deal with since most of everyone has to work an 8 hour shift. Also, relating to the want to do more things, in order to keep school balanced, how would the two hours work? Simple. They take an entire day off. Id like a three-day weekend. A two-day weekend is to short. Sure, there are kids that want to work. Well, with an extra day, you will be able to get the hours you need without a problem. A longer school day is a better solution than giving the school shorter hours, which would make the week even longer. When observing all the pros and cons, a longer school day is a better system for everyone. You may not mind having more days in school, but some do. Parents need to be able to get to work and take care of their kids. A longer school day could make that happen.
Batclone12

Pro

I admit it, you do make a great point, BUT admit it, the more hours, the less time there is to be with family, or with friends and moving around. do you REALLY think that the WOULDN'T add more homework? Also, it mean less time to be on this wonderful website. With that said, I do belive that it is time to see what lame statment you give in return.
demonlord343

Con

I must point out my opponent's accusations of this statement to be lame. He is directly insulting me for speaking logic and debating. By they, I am going to assume you mean teachers since you directly have comments about homework. Most teachers give homework because they do not have enough class time to teach you the information. If you have a longer school day, however, some teachers would probably have their homework reduced to a minimum. For an example, you have a math class. They had their class time extended, and he didnt have to change his lecture time. Thus, have plenty of time to do your assignment in class and have time to ask your questions if need be. Your homework when you go home is now reduced to almost nothing, and now you can spend more time with your family.
Batclone12

Pro

you have my congrats. Your thick skull got the message to your new brain. Your now evolved! You fool, the give us homework to go and see if we know what we learned. longer hours still means homework you idiot. the less school we have, the harder it'll be to fit in homework in the puzzle, since we would have instead of around 7-8 hours, we'll have around 4-5 hours a day. Try doing an entire 4 lessons of physics in around 30 minutes! not possible. No long periods, no hour long lunches (trust me, they are quite dull. they make me want to do more physics) and no wasting mornings getting stressed about a huge math test, or getting bored to death from lectures (i had to tazer my friend awake) or even spending time in trouble. Less school is less bullying, less wearing uniforms, and less, well, school. thus being said, i need to tell you 2 things. 1: i would like to friends with you, seeing of i find you able to be up to my level of mind, and 2: i have a Halo marathon to go to, have a nice day :0
demonlord343

Con

I must disagree. Teachers give us homework to sharpen our skills with the topic we learned. To help us understand the lesson. That is why they give us homework. Because they do not have time to make sure that they have the lesson well taught and well learned for everyone. With my prior example, the teacher can make sure that everyone understands the material that is being taught. I am not sure what my opponent's point was with trying to learn 4 lessons of physics in around 30 minutes was. If he is being sarcastic I have no idea. Long periods are beneficial to society as well as the education system as a whole. And actually, let us see what happens to bully rates when the school hours increase. I am willing to bet that they will decrease. The answer to that is very simple when you look at the root cause for bullying. Why does it occur? If you increase school hours, and they reduce stress on the bully, he will not need to hurt a kid to express himself from all the stress he is under. I am not saying to increase the amount of time outside of class. I am saying to increase the amount of time in class, so that students can have a better chance of learning the material. Less wearing uniforms? This is not true for all schools. Thus, that is a school topic for a debate, not a nation-wide topic such as the school hours.
Thanks for the debate. Good job! You made some good points in the debate. Although, the insults were a little much. And since you like Halo, check out the debate with me on the topic Battlefield takes more skill than Halo! Ill cya round!
Vote Placed by Soulja_n 3 years ago
Soulja_n
Batclone12demonlord343Tied
Reasons for voting decision: The name-calling was irrelevant- conduct I found con's arguments better that pro's... :D