SHOULD WE listen to GOD

Deuteronomy 6 all
I read this today and was blown away. I was teaching at the women"s prison, teaching women who were put away for crimes committed (large and small offenses) hate crimes and crimes of passion-they are in prison for these crimes.
So I was asking myself what term should I serve if I worship people, places and things instead of worshipping and serving God. The bible tells us that God is very jealous for his people, he won"t tolerate being 2nd or 3rd in our lives and this includes obedience to the voice of God"s spirit.
So what are you ignoring about God? Should you have stopped today and led someone to Christ,
should you have given that money to the poor, should you have sacrificed your work life in favor of Gods plan for you today,
should you have stopped working at religious outlets they call churches today in favor of truly following Christ"s mission for you on this planet?

If you wonder what"s going to be the end result this is what Jesus said will happen
Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
MATTHEW 7: 22-24

Because the concept of God varies between thousands of historical Gods and an individual's interpretation of what "God" is telling them, I believe listening to God is possibly the worst thing a person can do.

Seeing as Pro used Biblical verses to support her argument, I will do the same the support mine as well.

The God of the Bible is a tyrant, who commands His followers to do atrocious things in His name:

Incest - According to Third Millennium Ministries, "The specific biblical commands against incest do not appear until the time of the Mosaic Law. Prior to that time, these relationships do not appear to have been condemned explicitly."

Murder/Genocide - "Only in the cities of these peoples that the Lord your God is giving you as an inheritance, you shall not leave alive anything that breathes. But you shall utterly destroy them: the Hittite and the Amorite, the Canaanite and the Perizzite, the Hivite and the Jebusite, as the Lord your God has commanded you, so that they may not teach you to do according to all their detestable things which they have done for their gods, so that you would sin against the Lord your God." - (Deuteronomy 20:16-18)

Child Abuse - Prov 13:24: "He that spareth his rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes

Prov 19:18: "Chasten thy son while there is hope, and let not thy soul spare for his crying."

Prov 22:15: "Foolishness is bound in the heart of a child; but the rod of correction shall drive it far from him."

Prov 23:13: "Withhold not correction from the child: for if thou beatest him with the rod, he shall not die."

Prov 23:14: "Thou shalt beat him with the rod, and shalt deliver his soul from hell."

And that's a small group of examples from just one religion on earth. Just think of all the examples of human beings doing evil in the name of God. Countless.

No, what the world needs is NOT to listen to Gods. What the world needs is societal empathy and love. A collective effort to live peacefully for the sake of peace and love. Not because some fickle sky dictator commands it. There is no morality in that.