porcupinesRcool
America1984

SHould schools be based on IQ levels

porcupinesRcool

Pro

I am for the fact that all schools should be based on Iq levels this way no one feels left out from school work and they receive the proper level of education.
America1984

Con

I disagree, because by creating schools based on IQ levels you would limit the opportunities of those with a lower IQ, cause a vast social gap between those with higher IQs and those with lower IQs, and people with lower IQs are in some cases extremely intelligent in certain subjects.

I respect your opinion but hope that you keep an open mind and listen to my opinions.
porcupinesRcool

Pro

True but Explain more on how they would create the social gap
America1984

Con

Since those with higher IQs would go to better schools they would ultimately gain better jobs and make more money while those with lower IQs would be discriminated against and giving terrible jobs with very little income. This would create a divide because many people would be discriminated against and judged by there IQ regardless of how hard they are willing to work. The people with higher IQs would be cruel to those with lower IQs causing resentment violence and possibly even genocide. In other words people below a certain IQ would be liquidated because they would be deemed unbeneficial to society.
porcupinesRcool

Pro

I understand what you mean but the people with the higher IQ would have more chances and if the lower IQs were very determined they could be bumped up to a higher IQ class. I know what it is like to have a higher IQ level than the rest of the class and I would have loved to have had the chance to go to a school like this when I went to school. WE already kind of have the IQ level separation. Most people with lower IQs tend to go to college and the Higher IQs go to university like me.
America1984

Con

the separation is not as large as it would be in the event that schools where separated by IQ level. Right now regardless of IQ all people still receive equal opportunity if a kid works hard regardless of IQ he to could go to a better school of higher education. IQ tests do not mean you are limited there are plenty of people with low IQs that have still been able to go to great schools because of hard work. Also many kids with low IQs excel in certain fields such as music, and art; for example there is a kid who can hear a song once and remember it perfectly word for word note for note and can play it back on a piano which he is remarkably gifted at playing, this very same child would be incapable of doing basic arithmetic. If schools where separated based on IQ people like this would never be giving recognition. For example on an IQ test there are 3 separate areas on which you are graded correct me if I am wrong I believe these are speed, verbal/vocabulary, and memory. In speed I only had a 88-90, in memory I had a 100 and in verbal/vocabulary in other words how well I articulated my ideas I had a 120 IQ. Meaning that if you assembled a crowd of 100 people only 5 in that crowd would score 120 in this section.
porcupinesRcool

Pro

Actually the 3 topics are: spatial ability, memory and mathematical ability. Some of the kids that are not getting good grades are actually really smart some of them are just really bored in class. The lower IQs have different gifts like physical etc. But that is no reason for them to bring down the people iwith higher IQs. Also by doing classes by IQ this is also a way to break down the age barrier. No one would care if you were 13 or 15 you are in their class and that is that. It is also a great way for students to excel. THey can really show their true potential with IQ divided classes.
America1984

Con

this does not solve the social divide that would be caused by a separation based on an individuals IQ as I stated above, also as you stated above many people who are very smart do not work hard. Why should a kid who does not work hard but has a higher IQ receive the benefits of going to a better school receiving a better job in which you make more money. Also don't you think people would benefit more if people with lower IQs went to the same school as people with higher IQs that way the kids who have higher IQs would be able to help the kids with lower IQs better understand the material they are learning that way everyone benefits.
how would you prevent this from causing a social divide?
porcupinesRcool

Pro

porcupinesRcool forfeited this round.
America1984

Con

America1984 forfeited this round.
Posted by TheOncomingStorm 3 years ago
TheOncomingStorm
Well the con has nailed it so far. I think an important point is that IQ doesn't actually judge intelligence.