theta_pinch
STALIN

STALIN is mentally disturbed

STALIN
Started: 1/6/2014 Category: Funny

theta_pinch

Pro

First round is for acceptance.
STALIN

Con

I'm not really sure why this troll decided to challenge me to this debate but I realize that if I do not accept he will most likely make it public knowledge that I declined and I will be made fun of. State your case.
theta_pinch

Pro

Point 1
STALINs favorite quotes are all related to killing people, guns, or death:
"Death is the solution to all problems. No man - no problem." -Josef Stalin
"One death is a tragedy; one million is a statistic." -Josef Stalin
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." -Josef Stalin
"When we hang the capitalists they will sell us the rope we use." -Josef Stalin
"We don't let them have ideas. Why would we let them have guns?" -Josef Stalin
Liking comments related to killing people, guns, and death is likely not an indicator of good mental health; more likely an indicator of being mentally disturbed.

Point 2
STALIN has a user name named after Joseph Stalin; a Soviet leader who executed 799,455 people, killed his friends, and during his regime caused the deaths of 20 MILLION people. Having a username named after a mass murderer who killed his own friends does NOT signify mental health.

Point 3
Many people comment that STALIN tries to act like Joseph Stalin; and in this debate someone commented: Which Stalin are we talking about? Historical leader or the modern imposter? Having a mass murderer who killed his own friends as your role model does not say very good things about the mental health of that person.

Point 4
STALIN is possibly obssessed with Joseph Stalin; how can anyone obssessed with a mass murderer not be mentally disturbed!

CONCLUSION
STALINs obssession with all things Stalin shows he is mentally disturbed.
STALIN

Con

Responses

My response to point 1:

I agree, I do have quotes relating to Stalin. However the only reason I have those quotes there is to support my name. I don't actually believe what is said in those quotes.

My response to point 2:

Stalin killed more than 20 million people. I understand this and my understanding of Stalin's crimes is shown in several of my debates. In addition to this, there are DDO users such as Abnewstein[1] who believe that Hitler didn't really commit any crimes. However you didn't make a debate stating that Abnewstein is mentally disturbed. He has a picture of Hitler but this does not mean he is mentally disturbed. I agree, my name is Stalin. So what? If my profile name was Hitler or Mao Zedong would you also use this as an excuse to insult me and make a debate stating that I am mentally disturbed? This argument shows nothing.

My response to point 3:

I would agree with this. I do try and act like Stalin. That is the reason I have all those quotes on my profile. The only problem with this argument is that it does not make the connection between me acting like Stalin and me being mentally disturbed. The main reason I act like Stalin is because its fun seeing others rage at all the silly polls I make using Stalinist pictures. In addition to this, the name "Stalin" makes me stand out more. My opponent is trying to compare me with the historical Stalin. In the comments section he stated that we are talking about the DDO user Stalin.

My response to point 4:

My opponent has presented no proof of this. Just because I have made polls and debates about Stalin and have mentioned him many times, this does not mean that I am not obsessed with Stalin.

Arguments

Argument 1: I am a very good debater. Perhaps not the best, but good enough.

Argument 2: I know a lot about history. A retarded person could never memorize what I have memorized about WWII.

Argument 3: I am currently in the Academy Program (similar to running start). I am in college instead of in 11th and 12th grade at high school. I don't think a person who is mentally challenged could get into college.

My opponent is clearly trolling. He doesn't really know me well and has no idea what he is talking about. Pro likes to rage a lot and take out his failures on others.

http://www.debate.org...
theta_pinch

Pro

The only response I can argue is response 3:My response to point 3:

A connction is made between STALIN acting like Stalin and being mentally disturbed because acting like a mass murderer is a sign of being mentally disturbed. Although STALIN says his main reason for this is because peoples reactions to his polls; but there are less evil historical people to name yourself and design your polls after. Since he could use less evil people to make him stand out and make people rage at his polls; it can only be concluded that he has other reasons that show mental disturbance.

STALINs arguments:
Arguments

These arguments are a red herring because there is no evidence that the historical Stalin was unintelligent or mentally handicapped.

Now STALIN is committing the ad hominem fallacy.

CONCLUSION
STALIN has not conclusively proven he is not mentally disturbed, is using some major fallacies, but is well on his way to proving his mental health.

STALIN

Con

"A connection is made between STALIN acting like Stalin and being mentally disturbed because acting like a mass murderer is a sign of being mentally disturbed."

Do I act like a mass murderer? So far, how many people have I killed? This statement makes no sense but I would like to thank my opponent for his opinion anyway.

"These arguments are a red herring because there is no evidence that the historical Stalin was unintelligent or mentally handicapped."

The historical Stalin couldn't even see that Hitler was planning to invade the USSR while the Germans were massing 4 million men on the German-Soviet border. This shows that Stalin wasn't the most intelligent of beings.

"Now STALIN is committing the ad hominem fallacy."

Can you please elaborate?

"STALIN has not conclusively proven he is not mentally disturbed, is using some major fallacies, but is well on his way to proving his mental health."

These are empty words. I'm not sure what my opponent could possibly be thinking here.

"STALIN is possibly obssessed with Joseph Stalin; how can anyone obssessed with a mass murderer not be mentally disturbed."

I would like to go back to this argument that Pro stated in round 1. If you notice, Pro said that STALIN is POSSIBLY obsessed with Josef Stalin. This shows how unsure my opponent is in his position. He couldn't even spell obsessed correctly.

My opponent draws quick conclusions without properly examining the evidence.

This was Pro's position throughout this entire debate:

1) DDO user Stalin acts like historical Stalin.

2) Historical Stalin ended up killing millions.

3) DDO user Stalin must be mentally disturbed since he decided to name himself after Stalin who killed millions.

What I should have done from the very beginning was report this challenge and let Pro get temp-banned. The only problem is that I realized that the odds were against my opponent in this debate and I would most likely win this debate.

I will finally end this debate by stating that my opponent only responded to around half of my arguments while I responded to all of his arguments. He failed to prove that I am mentally disturbed.
Posted by Soselo 2 years ago
Soselo
Clearly Theta has no real knowledge of who Stalin was. Really, he was so much more than a murderer. He was a passionate lover, revolutionist, idealist, bibliophile, husband, father, bank robber--I could go on! My point is, there are no bad people, there's just people who do bad things. Stalin had the opportunity to do plenty of bad things on a large scale for all to see. But who are you to say you wouldn't do the same thing in his position? If given the resources to kill your opponents, would you not take it?
Posted by theta_pinch 3 years ago
theta_pinch
Good job STALIN.
Posted by Abnewstein 3 years ago
Abnewstein
Why am i getting involved in several topics which i have nothing to do? LoL
Anyway im just trying to provide a different perspective.
Appearances can be deceptive. Dont believe everything the main stream media tells you.
Posted by STALIN 3 years ago
STALIN
@TheDudeLeboski: Go away rofl.
Posted by debatinghoe123 3 years ago
debatinghoe123
@toamatt26 ""STALIN has not conclusively proven he is not mentally disturbed" (R3) Innocent until proven guilty. Not the other way around."

@theta_pinch "Unless your talking about right after world war 3 where it was guilty until proven innocent. (star trek)"

theta_pinch did not show that he was mentally disturbed, only saying that STALIN did not prove he is not mentally disturbed.

@TheDudeLeboski "STALIN SUCKS AMERICA'S NUMBEr 1"

Think (or research) before you speak. Just commenting that America is #1, shows no relevance to this debate. Just stop.
Posted by theta_pinch 3 years ago
theta_pinch
TNG: Encounter at Farpoint
Posted by theta_pinch 3 years ago
theta_pinch
Unless your talking about right after world war 3 where it was guilty until proven innocent. (star trek)
Posted by toamatt26 3 years ago
toamatt26
"STALIN has not conclusively proven he is not mentally disturbed" (R3) Innocent until proven guilty. Not the other way around.
Posted by TheDudeLeboski 3 years ago
TheDudeLeboski
STALIN SUCKS AMERICA'S NUMBEr 1
Posted by SeventhProfessor 3 years ago
SeventhProfessor
If you do it just once then its fine. If you do it consistently then you will get into trouble eventually. The next time I make a poll/debate/post that insults another person I would prob get temp-banned.

*it's
Vote Placed by RebelRebelDixieDixie01 3 years ago
RebelRebelDixieDixie01
theta_pinchSTALINTied
Reasons for voting decision: He's totally fine, he's a boss.
Vote Placed by KingDebater 3 years ago
KingDebater
theta_pinchSTALINTied
Reasons for voting decision: Stalin refuted pro's claims and also didn't call anyone mentally disturbed, which might I add isn't very nice.
Vote Placed by MassiveDump 3 years ago
MassiveDump
theta_pinchSTALINTied
Reasons for voting decision: This debate comes down to a very close finish, essentially because neither of the arguments were particularly good. What gives Pro the edge in this debate is that Con assumed that he was accused of being retarded, not mentally disturbed, giving his arguments little to no weight. On the contrary, Pro presented a valid logical premise, which Con did not refute any further than "that needs to follow more than it does" rather than presenting counterlogic. Next time, Con should put more focus on refuting the central point than constantly begging for elaboration.
Vote Placed by debatinghoe123 3 years ago
debatinghoe123
theta_pinchSTALINTied
Reasons for voting decision: Although I still believe Stalin is mentally disturbed, he still won the debate. Conduct: theta_pinch created an offensive debate so starting with the resolution, Stalin already won conduct. Spelling/Grammar. Same. Convincing arguments : Comments. Reliable Sources: Stalin clearly had more.
Vote Placed by janetsanders733 3 years ago
janetsanders733
theta_pinchSTALINTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con showed how he was not mentally challenged because he is in a college program and is a top debater on this site. Con also showed how he matches up to others on DDO
Vote Placed by Cooldudebro 3 years ago
Cooldudebro
theta_pinchSTALINTied
Reasons for voting decision: Stalin made more of a sound argument. He had better conduct too.