Joss_Whedon
AeranDawn

STEM and STEAM are Good Things to Teach Universally

Joss_Whedon

Pro

STEAM and STEAM are really the same thing, STEAM includes art and STEM doesn't. They are good because Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math have some of the highest numbers of careers in the world now.
My source is:
http://money.usnews.com...
AeranDawn

Con

STEM is different from STEAM. STEM includes: science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (it lacks the letter 'A', which refers to 'Art'). Additionally, though these careers may be significant in this world as of contemporaneous times, they are generally not viewed at a universal solution to socioeconomic inequality, nor are they capable of guaranteeing (or getting even close to) success. Please note that the concept itself appears rather wayward, for, many of those who are currently unemployed are in those fields. In fact, we may seem to have a surplus of people working those occupations, especially amongst the Asian population (note: by using the word 'universal', you are inviting me to use worldwide evidence). Even if the concept did work, it would apply solely to the United States of America, would not apply to any other country, and therefore is not 'universal'.
Joss_Whedon

Pro

I would like to see your sources for the global unemployment records, otherwise I have trouble making an argument, because I like to view similar sites, etc., etc. Thanks in advance for giving me the link/book title. And Asians do have a higher employment record in STEAM and STEM, and I think they have the right idea.
AeranDawn

Con

AeranDawn forfeited this round.
Joss_Whedon

Pro

Joss_Whedon forfeited this round.
AeranDawn

Con

AeranDawn forfeited this round.
Joss_Whedon

Pro

I didn't get CON's source, so please vote PRO!
AeranDawn

Con

AeranDawn forfeited this round.
Joss_Whedon

Pro

Joss_Whedon forfeited this round.
AeranDawn

Con

AeranDawn forfeited this round.
Posted by Joss_Whedon 2 years ago
Joss_Whedon
Okay, very good sarcasm sir
Posted by StalinIncarnate 2 years ago
StalinIncarnate
And my Mothers a Leprachaun.