lightningtongue
Marauder

Sabbath Keeping Abolished

lightningtongue

Pro

Seventh Day Adventist Church argues about the fourth commandment as binding to to all Christians. But if a sound and clear and true Biblical principles will applied, they are wrong.
Marauder

Con

I thank my opponent for starting this debate.

Keeping the Sabbath is truly a biblical principle. The value system for keeping it did not come from other sources.
http://www.biblegateway.com...
http://www.biblegateway.com...

To conclude abolishing the keeping of the Sabbath holy, my opponent will need to look outside of scripture for justification of the action.
lightningtongue

Pro

lightningtongue forfeited this round.
Marauder

Con

Extend all arguments
lightningtongue

Pro

lightningtongue forfeited this round.
Marauder

Con

lightningtoung, if you wish that all the voting audience should vote all seven points to me, please forfeit your next round as a sign of this.
lightningtongue

Pro

lightningtongue forfeited this round.
Marauder

Con

http://www.mo.nrcs.usda.gov...

Has anyone ever told you 'you would argue with a fencepost' well I came to this site hoping I would not have too any more. but it seems my opponent has transformed into one.
lightningtongue

Pro

lightningtongue forfeited this round.
Marauder

Con

arguments extend
Posted by perculiar360 6 years ago
perculiar360
remember the sabbath is a resting day. in the book of genesis 2: 1-4 tell you that the lord on the seventh day he rested from all his work which he had made, not only that he also sanctified that day. so if you tell me that the sabbath was abolished then you are wrong because it is biblical.
in matthew 5:17 jesus say think not that i am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: i am not come to destroy, but to fulfil! to sum it all up the sabbath day is a part of the ten commandments and jesus just states that he did not come to destroy the command but to fullfil, so how is it posible that the sabbath was abolished...
Posted by grahamreiver 7 years ago
grahamreiver
That it interesting. I was not aware of that. Thank you for explaining that. I'm not being sarcastic.
Posted by Marauder 7 years ago
Marauder
The writers of the Epistials studied dirictly under Christ, so in essence yes Jesus taught that. Those that studied under John Weasly will teach you the the three basic principals of 'do no harm' 'do good' and 'keep the ordinances of God' or they might teach you about for points in ones religous studies, Scripture, Reasoning, Tradition, and Experince. Its pretty much agreed by all scholors that this is what he taught even if you will not find the teaching spelled out like so.

It doesnt matter who delivered the teaching, it still came from christ.
Posted by grahamreiver 7 years ago
grahamreiver
@Marauder: Who was speaking in Hebrews 6:1? It was not the word of Jesus, right? If it was not the word of Christ, should you follow it as a Christian? Why?
Posted by Marauder 7 years ago
Marauder
@grahamreiver
Those are the elementary principals of the faith. If you are a true follower you would press on further in what you do as a christian than that. Hebrews 6:1
Posted by grahamreiver 7 years ago
grahamreiver
In the book of Matthew 22:37 - 22:40, Jesus states the two commandments that sum up all commandments. I would argue that if you are a follower of Jesus, and not Judaism, you would follow these two commandments only. Jesus simplified the whole thing.
Posted by Korashk 7 years ago
Korashk
This debate was made for Geo.
Posted by wjmelements 7 years ago
wjmelements
Limit the voting period and I'll accept.
Posted by Koopin 7 years ago
Koopin
So you are PRO on Abolished Sabbath Keeping?
Posted by Koopin 7 years ago
Koopin
What are you talking about?
Vote Placed by Marauder 7 years ago
Marauder
lightningtongueMarauderTied