prodigyofaristotle
otogun

Saddam Hussein Was Good

otogun has forfeited round #3.

prodigyofaristotle

Pro

Saddam Hussein ran Iraq and kept his people in check. He did good for his position. Without him, ISIS and other terrorists have run rampant.
otogun

Con

Saddam Hussein was not a great leader, he killed hundreds of his own citizens so statistically if you are killing thousands of your own people you would eventually kill some terrorist. You fail to realize that ISIS was created way before Saddam's rule, inspiration was what caused ISIS. There were terrorist groups already like Al-Qaeda , Boko no Haram and many others, you claiming that Saddam Hussein was a great leader is completely idiotic, dictatorship does not make ones self a better leader. Leadership is as strong as its followers, and he had none willing to follow him, you are completely stupid
prodigyofaristotle

Pro

Thank you for accepting my debate. Do not be such a d***. It is an exchange of ideas, do not insult me again.

Yes Saddam Hussein killed people and was cruel. But he kept his people controlled and he provided stability to his country. Lets look at modern day Iraq. Bombings occur almost daily. There is a no protest and mob storming the government every month. Terrorists run rampant and kill left and right. Women are being sold as sex slaves. ISIS has taken control of a large majority of it. During Hussein's rule it was not nearly as bad. He was the better of two evils. I never claimed ISIS did not exist during his time. Read what I actually said. A recent man who participated in the demolish of Hussein's statue went on BCC and said that he was wrong. He said that he missed how things used to be. If you are claiming that Iraq is better now than it was when Hussein was in power, than you are crazy.

http://www.mediaite.com...
otogun

Con

Your statement about ISIS running rampant without him implied that if he was still in control it would subside. Which is absolutely wrong, and perhaps one man did say those things on BBC. There has been refugees coming over to America because of Saddam, how was he a good leader ,If his own citizens want to escape his reign. I am not saying that Iraq was better currently than it was in his rule, I am saying that he is not a GOOD leader. Most of his citizens lived in poor built houses, healthcare was not taken cared of that much. All he did was make the poor poorer and the Rich Richer.Just because Isis made Iraq worst does not mean Saddam was a good leader. Just because horrible people make something that was already horrible more terrible does not mean its original leader was good if so then Iraq would have no have been in that state before.
prodigyofaristotle

Pro

Actually it does. After Saddam Hussein was taken out of power, the government became a democracy. This proves that the Iraqi people could not govern themselves. I did not claim Hussein was a good leader, I claimed he was good. And he was. Iraq was far better off with him than it is now.