Saints are not unconscious after passing away!

The friends of God who were faithful to Christ, are not dead in any sense when leaving this world.

I invite respectful believers to provide proofs of a counter argument.

Jesus himself taught how the friendship with God embarrasses death. For instance,

«Now about the dead rising—have you not read in the Book of Moses, in the account of the burning bush, how God said to him, ‘I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob’[a]? 27 He is not the God of the dead, but of the living. You are badly mistaken!».

In the same sense, he described Abraham hosting Lazarus and dialoguing (completely conscious) with the wealthy man; again, he ignored death when he promised paradise to the criminal of the cross to his right (from that day on). Besides, the apostles saw Elijah and Moses speaking to Jesus.

There are many verses that lead to conclude death does not rule on the friends of Christ. Thus, I assure John 3,16 is literal.

Ok, death has nothing to with theological aspects. Death is a biological process, of which any organism decays. If I need to provide my sources for my statement, I will do so in my next round. But, regardless of your theological aspects, death is the same biological decay for all organisms.

I think you made a mistake. In this challenge I invited believers (a believer in Christianity usually doesn't question that we have a biological life along with a spiritual one).

I see.

But qouting John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.", it seems like god is promising an AFTER life. Therefore, the physical body DIES, but the after life soul lives on.

Based on the definition of death "the act of dying; the end of life; the total and permanent cessation ofall the vital functions of an organism"

Based on the definition of death, it is describing the PHYSICAL death. However, god promisies a SPIRITUAL immortality, not a physical one. Therefore, saints DO die.Because death is describing the PHYSICAL, the end of life. So, if your soul lives forever, your still dead because your physical body has decayed.

I understand.

We made an agreement, then. We agree the organic body of the friends of God die, although they live on as a soul.

There are too few believers who would argue against the physical death of biological beings.

Oh ok.

Well, nice debating with you

See you around!
Posted by Shrek_sDrecKid 1 year ago
The hell is this all about?
Posted by cheyennebodie 1 year ago
Paul taught, " to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord". That is because we are spirits. We have souls ( mind, will and emotions ), and we live in this physical body. All dying is is just changing locations. Death has lost its sting for the believer. When we leave this body it will just fall to the ground and decay in a matter of hours.All the body is is an earth suit. We need it to have authority on the earth.That is why we need to treat it with respect. Not disrespect by feeding it all kinds of bad things. Like alchohol and smoke and things that are not nutricious. Too many people, especially Americans , use foods as entertainment, not fuel for the body.And that will bring more abuse than we ever imagined.Improper eating lifesyles cause " I believe" 85% of all medical problems.