Lasmelan
KingofEverything

Saltwater crocodile vs Great white shark

Lasmelan

Pro

I am taking the side of a crocodile. It would kill great white shark in a fight in maximum size.

First round is for my opponent to accept the debate. In the second round I answer to my opponent's argument from the previous, incomplete debate.
KingofEverything

Con

Lasmelan

Pro

Our previous, incomplete debate was here: http://www.debate.org...

1. Yes, this IS the fight. So shark can't turn back like like it would want to, and it should fight unlike in real life. I'm repeating that saltwater crocodiles are a great fighters, and are much more aggressive than sharks. The fight is supposed to be realistic battle between two animals and not the robots. Shark can't swim away on a separate territory, but it would try to avoid fight.

2. You just cited Google search. If you ever do this, always check sources. The shark average size has no source at all (although it is right). The crocodile size cites the zoo website, which also has no sources.
The maximum size of the saltwater crocodile is 6.3 meters, with partial tail loss [1]. I assume that this crocodile would have a mass of about 1200 kg, or 2650 lbs. This is based on the estimation of Lolong, which is about 6.17 meters in length and 1075 kg [2]. And he was measured at the day of capture (nearly 100 people were required to catch him), after a long fight trying to escape.
Experts agree that the largest great white captured is about 20 feet and 4200 pounds [3].

3. Size isn't everything! First, since the crocodile is an experienced fighter, it would know how to kill the opponent, or at least try fighting methods. The shark is NOT adapted for a big prey. It simply wouldn't know what to do. It's built for speed, not fights.
Then, the crocodile's jaws are really strong. Their bite force is more than 4500 lbs, and it is much more than that of a shark. The reptile's teeth are big and hold good to the jaws. The shark's teeth are smaller and not hold to the jaws very good. The are sharp, which is good for killing a soft prey. Crocodile has solid shell surrounding it, which is a problem for the fish.

Both animals are strong, but it is pretty obvious that with all these factors crocodile wins.

1. http://crocodilian.com...
2. http://www.academia.edu...
3. http://www.discovery.com...
KingofEverything

Con

I don't have quite the time to argue. I will do it next round. Forfeited round, but not a conceded debate.
Lasmelan

Pro

Lasmelan forfeited this round.
KingofEverything

Con

I concede due to the fact that I can't post any new arguments in the final round. I apologize.
Posted by Lasmelan 1 year ago
Lasmelan
Oh, sure.
Posted by KingofEverything 1 year ago
KingofEverything
One other thing. Provide a link to the previous debate so people know what we're talking about.
Posted by Lasmelan 1 year ago
Lasmelan
Yes, for example, the shark wouldn't be sure what to do, and how to fight. This is crocodile's advantage.
Posted by KingofEverything 1 year ago
KingofEverything
You mean in terms of how they would fight? Like, since the Crocodile is more aggressive, it would go for throat and blah blah blah.
Posted by KingofEverything 1 year ago
KingofEverything
Ok. Thanks.
Posted by Lasmelan 1 year ago
Lasmelan
They both fight, but they are both animals, not robots. So the psychical behavior is also taken.
Posted by KingofEverything 1 year ago
KingofEverything
Because I want to debate who would win if they both wanted to kill each other through facts about each, not whether a shark would fight or not.
Posted by KingofEverything 1 year ago
KingofEverything
Ok, but make sure that you don't go back to the aggressive part. It needs to be a fair fight.