Sam Fisher vs Ezio Auditore

Started: 12/2/2014 Category: Games

OK, to start off I believe Sam Fisher would win. He was a member of the Navy Seals before he was chosen to be the first recruit into the Splinter Cell program. A program which was designed to create elite espionage soldiers who can infiltrate, complete their objective and exfiltrate without being seen. He's in peak condition, is an expert of Krav Maga, a brilliant strategist and an incredible athlete and acrobat. I'm excluding Splinter Cell: Conviction from this argument because in that game Sam Fisher becomes much too powerful for my tastes. I also haven't played Blacklist so I'm excluding that too. All other Splinter Cell games are fair game and if there are any Assassin's Creed games my opponent would like to exclude I'm more than willing to cooperate. I'm setting Fisher's equipment as the SC-20K with 60 bullets and the launcher and fore grip attachments, his SC pistol with 20 bullets and the OCP. He also has the goggles from Chaos Theory and 2 flash grenades. My opponent may select Ezio's equipment. I look forward to an engaging debate.

Ezio Auditore da Firenze according to the Assassins Creed Wiki[1]-
Ezio was both a highly skilled Assassin and an adept Mentor. He learned and developed a vast array of skills, such as picking pockets, blending into crowds, armed and unarmed combat, alternative or multiple weapon attacks, stealth and public assassination techniques, freerunning and long-range combat.

He was also able to use a variety of weapons and gadgets, including two Hidden Blades, a sword, throwing knives, smoke bombs, short blade and many more. Born with the ability to use Eagle Vision, Ezio could instinctively differentiate friend from foe. After talking to his captive father, he later inherited his father's Assassin robes, which he would upgrade with various armor and dyes throughout his life.
Note that I am only using items and armor that were at one time possessed or used by Ezio.
For Our purposes, Ezio will be equipped with The Armor of Altair[2], which according to the wiki-
The Armor of Alta"r was an unbreakable set of armor that was constructed by Alta"r Ibn-La'Ahad using knowledge obtained from the Apple of Eden.
Subsequent to his death, the armor was sealed in the Sanctuary beneath the Villa Auditore, where it was later recovered and used by another member of the Assassin Order, Ezio Auditore da Firenze.

Ezio will also be using one hidden blade and one hidden gun, concealed on each wrist. He also has one of Ezio's Swords hanging at his side. In his hands, he holds the Apple of Eden [3] and the Staff of Eden. [4] (These allow Ezio to utilize mind-control as well as create illusions. The conjunction of the Apple and the Staff further enhance its mind-control effects.
On his belt, he has five throwing knives, and three smoke bombs.[5] Ezio can see through any smokescreens/walls/obstacles by making use of his Eagle Vision[6].

Please forgive my limited knowledge of Assassin's Creed but I'm going to compare abilities. Feel free to correct me. Ezio's unarmed hand to hand combat is simple brawling. Sam Fisher has training in Krav Maga and presumably military CQC. He's able to combine these with a knife to fight enemies up close and personal. Ezio would have the upper hand in a sword fight but it would be pretty even with a dagger or knife. Although Sam doesn't have any kind of detection vision he has wave, thermal and night vision, finding a man in a white hoodie with a sword strapped to his hip wouldn't be difficult. The illusions made by the Apple can't actually damage someone and I don't know how potent the mind control is but Fisher has been trained in counter interrogation techniques. Sam Fisher could resist depending on how potent it is. The Splinter Cell wiki defines Sam's stealth techniques as "As the nature of Fisher's job relies on stealth and non-detection, he is highly adept at blending into shadows and moving silently. As an expert in field craft, he is able to sneak up on most opponents undetected and quickly subdue them using either lethal or non-lethal means. " If he could avoid Ezio's line of site the fight would go to the stealthier one. Sam has better espionage and stealth combat so it comes down to the environment and how the fight operates. Sam's armour is able to protect him from limited amounts of close range automatic weapon fire. I don't know if Altair's armour can block bullets. Even if it can I'm assuming that it's made of metal and the SC-20K's launcher can shoot sticky shockers which are projectile adhesives that can deliver a non-lethal electric current that knocks out the target. Most metals can conduct electricity very well and the sticky shocker's voltage is strong enough to be effective through indirect contact as shown when it's fired into a puddle or enemies with ballistic armour. The launcher also fires ring airfoil projectiles, 2 kinds of cameras, EMP projectiles and knock out gas grenades. The SC-20K also has a fore grip which allows for more control over the rifles muzzle climb when firing. The SC pistol is a silence 5.7 mm, 22 caliber, semi-automatic silened pistol with an under barrel attachment that can silently shut off electric devices.

"Ezio would have the upper hand in a sword fight but it would be pretty even with a dagger or knife."
Ezio, being an assassin in the fourteen hundreds, is obviously very skilled with a dagger or knife. He is most adept with the hidden blades, which is the iconic traditional weapon of the assassin.
"The illusions made by the Apple can't actually damage someone and I don't know how potent the mind control is but Fisher has been trained in counter interrogation techniques."
This is true about the illusions, however, counter interrogation techniques are no match for the Apple, especially when combined with the Staff. If you would like to know the magnitude of the power of the Apple and Staff, here is this-
"This... piece of silver cast out Adam and Eve. It turned staves into snakes. Parted and closed the Red Sea. Eris used it to start the Trojan War; and with it, a poor carpenter turned water into wine."
R13;Al Mualim, speaking to Alta"r about the Apple
If you didn't realize, the poor carpenter is Jesus Christ. Turning a staff into a snake means that the Apple can create life, therefore, the illusions created by the Apple CAN hurt Sam. It parted and closed the Red Sea.
Therefore, the Apple can hurt Sam, especially attached to the staff, which enhances its power.
All Ezio would have to do would be to mind-control Sam and have him shoot himself in the face. Speaking of Sam's face, I don't believe that Sam has any sort of face-guard or helmet. Ezio's knife throwing skill could easily allow him to hit Sam in the face with a razor sharp blade.
"Sam has better espionage and stealth combat so it comes down to the environment and how the fight operates"
I beg to differ. Ezio was trained from a young age to become an assassin, and carried out the skillful and stealthy assassinations of many people, often in public, without being aprehended. His skills of stealth and moving undetected are at the very least equal to those of Sam. Obviously, Ezio's job is also based on stealth (Being that he assassinates people).

To even further drive home my point about the Apple's mind control abilities, I have included this, which is someone talking about the what happens when the Apple falls into the wrong hands-

R13;An unidentified individual's e-mail to Dr. Warren Vidic.
Encase you weren't aware, the Apple of Eden is the said metal ball. This is referring to someone who the Templars (The Antagonists of the series) have made attack each other with mind control.

"I don't believe that Sam has any sort of face-guard or helmet." Sam has no conventional helmet his face but his MK V Tac suit also covers his face except for his eyes, but those can be covered by his goggles. I don't think a knife could pierce armour of this caliber but bullets from Ezio's hidden pistol maybe. "I beg to differ. Ezio was trained from a young age to become an assassin" Personally I would think the American army could create a more efficient killer. It's the most powerful military force on the planet and with the budget it's given they definitely have enough resources to train someone like Sam Fisher into the perfect agent. A Splinter Cell is described as "the ultimate intelligence gathering force, with the support of a cutting edge technological team to retrieve information through traditional espionage techniques, but with 21st century military"technology. Sam Fisher was the first person selected into the program to operate in this role." Espionage tactics and high-tech weapons are used by arguably the best soldier to the best of his abilities to kill a man from renaissance Italy. In regards to the Apple of Eden the Assassin's Creed wiki had this to say "The Apple possessed the ability to dispel the effects of a Staff of Eden. It also possessed the ability to create holographic doubles of the user, and though these doubles couldn't deal any damage to an enemy, they served as a distraction when needed." The apples ability to create life may hurt Fisher but to what extent does this ability work? More so it's mind control is only with in a certain range. "a golden perimeter spread around him, followed by a smaller, white perimeter, though these circles decreased slightly upon release. These affected the minds of the victims, as the ones within the outer perimeter would fight each other, and the ones within the inner perimeter would immediately die." If Sam could stay out of of the range and used his firearms the Apple wouldn't be a threat.

This is Ezio's plan of attack for this battle. Ezio creates 10 copies of himself, which are alive, and then controls them using the combined effects of the Apple and Staff. (Mind Control)
Using the Apple, Ezio turns himself invisible (Illusions) and obscures the entire battle area by filling it with smoke (Either real smoke, or fake smoke illusions from the Apple/Staff). Ezio can see through this smoke by using his Eagle Vision to locate Sam Fisher. Depending on the environment, Ezio may also be able to turn bystanders against Sam Fisher (Apple), and while they would mostly not be a threat, they will certainly not help him. Once Ezio moves in range of Sam (The range will also be larger due to the combined effects) Ezio will have Sam simply shoot himself through the eye, or Ezio will do it himself by having Sam essentially incapacitated by mind control. There is no way that Sam could stand up the the powers of both the Apple an the staff. Please, vote Con for Ezio.
Posted by WillRiley 1 year ago
Hey guys, BTW, Ezio won.
Posted by The-Voice-of-Truth 1 year ago
I am currently reading the first Splinter Cell book. Just based off of what I have read, Sam Fisher would win.
Posted by Squirrelnuts57 1 year ago
Sam fisher would pwn Ezio. Tell me when the debate is over...
Vote Placed by Jingle_Bombs 1 year ago
Reasons for voting decision: Con convinced me that Ezio has the superior weapons tech (apples of Eden) and skill sets (eagle vision) needed to win in a head to head match up with Sam Fisher. Would have liked it had Pro expanded his arguments to include something like "Sam's missions are handled and backed by the NSA and US Govt," in which case Sam realistically could just radio back to HQ and have them ask the Air Force for an air strike on Ezio or something. But Con -in the end- was smart to include alien tech on his side. Good debate overall.