Debatequeen1
Levibe

Same Gender Marriage is Wrong

Levibe

Debatequeen1

Pro

I believe same gender marriage is wrong in all ways. First of all, it is unnatural. It is completely wrong and disgusts me that two people of the same gender can have those feelings for each other! I am ready to take on anyone who wishes to debate against me on this topic.
Levibe

Con

It's 2014 and people need to recognize a few things; interpersonal love (Love between two human beings) can be shared between anyone. Why does it matter to you in the first place, how is it wrong? The fact is you don't know how they feel for each other and it could not concern you less when it comes to what they chose to do. Our bodies, our feelings, our actions, our words are OUR own to give and do as we wish. So get over it; people who say that same sex marriage is wrong are like the people who said interracial relationships were wrong or said that women can't vote... You're fighting a losing battle. Why are we fighting our own species in the pursuit of equality? It seems arbitrary and unproductive. So again, why is same sex marriage wrong? Is it because whatever being/god you pray and give money to said it was wrong thousands of years ago? How sad especially since all major religious figures only talk and preach about love... All that being said, people are still individuals and if we cannot love and accept everyone for who, what and, how they are as well as who they chose to share the most intimate of feelings with then the least we can do is tolerate and respect. At times yes, the gay community can be over the top and it seems like they're shoving it down everyone else's throats when (obviously) some people aren't okay with it; it's "unnatural" "weird" "gross" but personally I believe that they're just human beings sharing in intimate feelings which is totally natural as well as really weird. Religion and science do the same thing, they go door to door, sharing their gospel, asking for money, they have different foundations and charities, they have movies, tv shows and since religion isn't my thing I avoid things associated with it. Everyone has these beliefs and causes and it seems that ONLY theirs is right when that's not the case. Reiterating my statement earlier, if we cannot love and accept everyone for who, what and, how they are as well as who they chose to share the most intimate of feelings with then the least we can do is tolerate and respect because that's what all people deserve.
Debatequeen1

Pro

Debatequeen1 forfeited this round.
Levibe

Con

I would expand but Pro has forfeited this round so I'll wait
Debatequeen1

Pro

Sorry I didn't do the last round... Anyway, same gender marriage is completely disgusting. It's not normal either. We shuod teach the rest of the world how terrible it is! All states and countries should ban gay marriage. I don't care if it's 2020! Same gender marriage is still wrong. The year has absolutely nothing to do with it.
Levibe

Con

"It's not normal either"

Give me proof it's not normal; Roughly 500 species have been well documented in nature engaging homosexual relations. Curiosity is natural, sex between any gender is natural, LOVE is natural.

You have given no other argument as to why it's wrong aside from that it grosses you out. This is as much a fundamental right as freedom of speech. We're allowed to say what we want so why can't we love and be with who we want? You have no basis for it being wrong other than it is gross and terrible. Are you gay, are you going to marry the same sex? I take from your argument that you won't be so I'd like to say... SAME SEX MARRIAGE DOESN'T MATTER TO YOU IF YOU AREN'T GOING TO BE IN A SAME SEX MARRIAGE. It's not your business if those two girls wanna get married and have a family, just like it isn't any of your concern if straight people were to be married. Again, you're on the losing side of this battle and I don't just mean right here on debate.org. Maybe one day you'll realize that people are people and they all have feelings. If you can't help, love and, encourage your fellow human than at least don't go out of your way to be hurtful and destructive to any kind of progress others are trying to make.
Posted by Levibe 2 years ago
Levibe
See, that is the kind of rational everyone needs to embrace
Posted by USN276 2 years ago
USN276
I'm a conservative and i think your view point is absurd debatequeen1

Put aside the science behind the fact homosexuality is uncontrollable and that there are species of animals that have homosexual tendencies and consider the fact you have no authority to tell a gay couple they can't marry. it doesn't directly or even indirectly effect your life. It shouldn't concern you. If you think it is wrong, don't marry someone who is your same sex. That simple.
Posted by cwt002 2 years ago
cwt002
There is nothing but plenty of research proving HIV, especially, is more common among homosexuals. I mean one search and U.S. Health News, Healthland, Science 2.0, NHS choice.......and several others all doing studies or discussing studies proving this fact.
Posted by Levibe 2 years ago
Levibe
I wasn't going on a personal attack man... This is the internet, it was a witty remark.

Prove that your facts are actually factual. Any information you get from any government resource is going to be biased, altered or even completely false.
Posted by cwt002 2 years ago
cwt002
Isn't it convenient to say that true stats are falsified because you do not like them.
Posted by Garsot 2 years ago
Garsot
No, you believe in hate filled statistics meant to sway public opinion, not facts. And plenty of straight people engage in unprotected and anal sex, so homosexuals are not more likely to engage in sex that increases chances of diseases. They can wear condoms too. Your points are so incredibly full of holes I feel ridiculous even discussing them.
Posted by cwt002 2 years ago
cwt002
Ha! Nice, ignore all the facts about homosexuality and start personal attacks. It is easy to ignore things you do not want to believe. Also, you are more describing a domestic partnership or civil union, not marriage.

Also, you are proving my point I never said it was impossible but the chances of contraction is almost insignificantly small. Therefore, sex and certain types of sex increases risks significantly. Who are more likely to engage in the sex that increases the chances of HIV/STD/AIDS.......homosexuals. There is no way of denying this FACT.

Anyway, you are turning the conversation into personal attacks, strong assumptions that are in no way true. I will rely on research and my beliefs to guide me. You can believe what you think to be true.
Posted by Levibe 2 years ago
Levibe
Did you skip ninth grade health class? You don't need to have sex to get one; yes, it is WAY less likely, but, it is FACT that it can and still does happen. Lifetime commitment to someone isn't an outdated idea but marriage as an institution is; why do I and the person I love and want to spend the rest of my time with sign these papers, put a materialistic ring to support our declaration of eternal devotion and, most of all, "infront" of a god I don't believe in. You saying that America being more open about homosexual culture as unfortunate is the exact ignorance I'm talking about. People love people and it is ABSOLUTELY NONE of your business who loves who and who wants to spend their lives together. Would you like to force your will and beliefs of only heterosexual marriages and only married people can have sex? Or maybe you in America can go back to when blacks couldn't use the same water fountain as whites, maybe women SHOULDN'T be allowed to vote... Equality for everyone means EVERYONE there are no exceptions. This is what happens when church/religious sect and state have merged in some capacity. Even if gay men are more likely to contract various disease and sickness it's not like they're going lash out at the rest of the world and try and cause an epidemic and SPECIFICALLY GET YOU SICK FROM ALL THE GAY SEX THEY HAVE...
Grow up
Posted by cwt002 2 years ago
cwt002
- In 2008, men who have sex with men (MSM) accounted for 63% of primary and secondary syphilis cases in the United States. ( The National Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, CDC) (National Aids Trust, NAT)
- MSM are 17 times more likely to develop anal cancer than heterosexual men. (The National CDC and Prevention)
- CDC data released 2010 National STD Prevention Conference:
- Rates of HIV infection among gay men and other men who have sex with men (MSM) are more than 44 times higher than rates among heterosexual men and more than 40 times higher than women. (CDC)

This shows that Homosexuality is more dangerous, risky, unhealthy....... the stats can continue. Also, to your last point homosexual men are the ones most likely to engage in anal sex........meaning they increase their chances of STD's.

Yes, the American government is for homosexuality now. In the past no but currently yes. More states are allowing it, DOMA has been repealed. There is evidence that America is unfortunately turning to accepting gay marriage. In fact, it is funny how you bring up a point about dont ask dont tell and admit it has been repealed which supports my point that America is starting to be pro homosexuals.
Posted by WhoIsToSayWhatIsRight 2 years ago
WhoIsToSayWhatIsRight
With the passion shown on both sides of this argument...why don't yall put it into an actual Debate Forum so others can view your stances, and vote on them...?

This website is specifically intended to 'settle' these sort of discussions - so do it!
Vote Placed by Narwhalicorn 2 years ago
Narwhalicorn
Debatequeen1LevibeTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro just used subjectivity with no explanations, 'Its icky, disgusting'.
Vote Placed by FaustianJustice 2 years ago
FaustianJustice
Debatequeen1LevibeTied
Reasons for voting decision: FF and Pro didn't explain their position. Gay is icky. Not a good argument.
Vote Placed by Relativist 2 years ago
Relativist
Debatequeen1LevibeTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro ff- conduct. Pro made a subjective argument that gay marriage is disgusting without properly elaborating 'how'. Cons case stems from love have much more valid premises than the subjective nature of pro.