Now_you_do
jglass841

Same Sex Marraige

Now_you_do

Pro

I believe fully that same sex marriage should be legal. I think that most people that are against same sex marriage tend to be extremely religious, and I believe this not a religious debate, but more of a societal. No matter what you believe or want to do, I think that you should have the right to a same sex marriage. Many find it amusing and utterly dysfunctional to imagine a society filled with differences, but I find it to be a wonderful future. Even though I, myself am a heterosexual, I still believe that taking away someone's rights and freedom is unconstitutional.
jglass841

Con

First of all, I agree that this is not a religious argument. I am an atheist, and I believe that religion has nothing to do with this topic. However, I am against gay marriage, because it is against the natural way of mating. Looking forward to a great debate.
Now_you_do

Pro

Same Sex Marriage comes down to this. Do people have the right, or not? Your main point, that the natural way of mating is between a male and a female is 100% correct. What I don't understand is that how does that involve itself with same sex marriage? Get married definition is: (of two people) united in marriage. That does not imply that these people have to have a child. Even if they did want a child they could easily adopt or get a sperm donor. The point that nature is against same-sex marriage is irrelevant, giving that marriage is just 2 people legally binding. It does not imply that they have to have sexual intercourse. Of course, nature won't allow a male to impregnate a male or a female to impregnate a female, but there are many ways to avoid that. Even if the couple does have sexual intercourse, it isn't wrong, its what they believe in. People have the right to get married, and Gay Marriage has already been legalized. I understand you shouldn't be able to marry a burger, but it's O.K. to be Gay or Lesbian. It is just how some people's brains are. You need to have the right to get married.
jglass841

Con

It comes down to this. Why? Why take a member of the same sex in marriage? That questions what marriage and mating are even for. The eventual purpose is to produce children to continue the human race. A gay relationship cannot do this, therefore it makes no sense. There is no eventual product of a gay relationship.
Now_you_do

Pro

Now_you_do forfeited this round.
jglass841

Con

jglass841 forfeited this round.
Now_you_do

Pro

Now_you_do forfeited this round.
jglass841

Con

jglass841 forfeited this round.
Now_you_do

Pro

Now_you_do forfeited this round.
jglass841

Con

jglass841 forfeited this round.
Posted by jglass841 9 months ago
jglass841
I challenged him to a debate, and he did not accept. That figures.
Posted by InsaneSanity 9 months ago
InsaneSanity
Whoops I only just realized that the last comment was 2 weeks ago. Derp.
Posted by InsaneSanity 9 months ago
InsaneSanity
I think that everyone should CALM DOWN. Especially FollowerOfChrist.

To FollowerOfChrist

Okay it's cool that you're devoted to God and all, and even though I disagree with you that he doesn't condone gay marriage, you will never convince anyone that your religion is correct (I'm assuming that you are trying to do that) by shouting BLURGH U R GONNA BURRRN IN HELLLL!!!!!! Plus this is a debating website not a religion wars one, and if you want to debate this do it out of the comments section

To everyone else

Although you started out dealing with him fine, you have started to drop down to his level. It is starting to go past saying why you aren't a Christian (which is fine) to trying to prove Christianity false. If this keeps escalating everyone will have totally degenerated to this sort of argument. Also, this is a COMMENTS section, so why don't you just stop arguing with him? If you really want to continue someone should challenge him to a debate about this.
Posted by EinsteinChild123 9 months ago
EinsteinChild123
So follower of christ, have you ever seen god? And do you really believe god was a male? How do you know your religion is even real? He might just be a fictional character created by some random person. I mean how's the bible different from any other fictional book?
Posted by Now_you_do 9 months ago
Now_you_do
Ok dude, calm down. If god does exist, I would hope to believe that he would be wise and thoughtful enough not to give good people internal punishment for believing in another religion. By stating the god sends all people to hell that don't go to church or pray every day, you are saying Christianity is a war religion. People like you should go to hell. Telling innocent people off because of their thoughts. People like you are horrible and are the enemy to most. You can believe what you want to believe, but there is little proof that god exists, and your beliving in nothing
Posted by missmedic 9 months ago
missmedic
The only way to avoid eternal punishment for sins we never committed from this all-loving God is to accept his son"who is actually himself"as our savior. So " God sacrificed himself to himself to save us from himself.
Posted by jglass841 9 months ago
jglass841
Can you prove that God exists? I believe not. I am more than willing to debate it, but not on the comments section of a debate that has nothing to do with your religion. You cannot force a belief onto people with no evidence.
Posted by FollowerofChrist1955 9 months ago
FollowerofChrist1955
What is, is what exists. We exist because our creator, formed all biological creatures from DNA strands, the building blocks of Life. Form creature without spare parts, everything working in unison and harmony that allows that life to continue. With every generation that DNA decays, not strengthens. Open your eyes and see that Life, earth sky, flowers, trees ponds lakes oceans are the creation of someone with infinite ability. That someone states that He IS seen by ALL creation IN all His creation. God says on that day shall man HAVE NO EXCUSE, His existence being PLAINLY VISIBLE IN His CREATION! Stop looking at what people say and START LOOKING for what YOUR CREATOR IS TELLING you. Seek Him, openly, honestly and IF you do .... I guarantee YOU WILL find Him. Stop seeking the world of opinion, and start seeking the ONLY OPINION THAT REALLY MATTERS! Your immortal Soul EXISTS BEYOND DEATH. WHERE it WILL spend eternity IS the biggest CHOICE we EVER MAKE!. I can only tell you what is so, it falls to you to search its truth or falsehood, but SEARCH it FOR YOURSELF, it IS your soul after all that HANGS in the balance, alas nobody on these opinion boards is going to be standing WITH you WHEN YOU STAND BEFORE HIM AND GIVE AN ACCOUNT FOR THE LIFE YOU CHOOSE TO LIVE! It is my hope that I HAVE reached you, or perhaps sparked interest in someone else to earnestly seek His face. If even one chooses to search, I have accomplished something to the Glory of God. Farewell!
FollowerofChrist1955
Again, you err, it is not pronouncements of christian leaders, nor theorist of any kind. You've missed the point entirely. Man when in denial of their creator, can CHOOSE no right path. Why? Because as a corrupted creature man, will always choose its fleshly desire, and in so doing bring about its own destruction. Look at history, from start to present and you will see that man has chosen time and time again, all things harmful, selfish, and sinful. Man is in a constant search, of fame, pleasure, riches, material possessions, and continuously denies freedom, to all. It forces itself upon all based upon its OWN selfish gains. It provides freedom for some at the oppression of others. Look around you today! you cannot even walk around at night without risk of death, rape, robbery. We are NOT progressing we are in rapid decline. What you call progress is the rape of the natural world. You are in the no consequence generation, but here's the thing. YOU ARE being held to consequence. God has SHOWN His existence to some of the most brilliant minds that have ever Lived. Do you know the illusion of reality? It is touching solid objects that when taken down to their lowest visual spectrum are discovered to not BE solid at all, but 99.9% empty space. Max Plank the father of quantum physics saidAll matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force which brings the particle of an atom to vibration and holds this most minute solar system of the atom together. We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent mind. This mind is the matrix of all matter."
Posted by missmedic 9 months ago
missmedic
Judging from the pronouncements of many Christian leaders, one would think that "morality" consists solely of what one does in one"s bedroom.
For centuries, Christianity has had an exceptionally unhealthy fixation on sex, to the exclusion of almost everything else (except power, money, and the infliction of cruelty). This stems from the numerous "thou shalt nots" relating to sex in the Bible. That the Ten Commandments contain a commandment forbidding the coveting of one"s neighbor"s wife, but do not even mention slavery, torture, or cruelty"which were abundantly common in the time the Commandments were written" speaks volumes about their writer"s preoccupation with sex (and women as property). Real morality is based on choice not authority.