Fanboy
Anti-atheist

Same-Sex Marriage ought to legalized and regulated by the United States Government.

Fanboy

Fanboy

Con

This is a Google Hangout Debate.
Resolution: Same-Sex Marriage ought to legalized and regulated by the United States Government.

Traditional LD Format:
The person who holds up there value ought to win points on the flow.
Furthermore, criteron or criteron of judgement(at least the one who prevails) ought regulate the framework for the resolution

Prep time: 5 Minutes
The definitions shall be predefined in order to not waste time within the case.
Definitions:

Same-Sex Marriage: the governmental recognition of the union of two same-sex partners

Ought:used to express obligation

legalized:Make permissible by law

regulate:Control or supervise by means of rules and regulations.

United States Government: the executive and legislative and judicial branches of the federal government of the United States
Anti-atheist

Pro

Yes it's fun Im gay and wana get married someday. Stop being a hateful pig. What are you some kinda homophobe?
Fanboy

Con

Problems with my opponent’s case

I would like to point out that my opponent has refused to participate in this debate despite my messaging and post in the comments to inform him of the role he must take in this debate, via the rules/introduction piece. As I pointed out at the beginning of the debate this was to be a Lincoln Douglas Google Hangout debate and he has refused to participate on both accounts. It cannot be a simple mistake because he has not only refused contact (despite him being online 2 days ago, and I sent the message immediately after he posted) but also avoided anything similar to a Lincoln Douglas Debate case.

The only thing close to a case that is posted is:

Yes it's fun Im gay and wana get married someday. Stop being a hateful pig. What are you some kinda homophobe?”

Grammar errors aside, I would like to point out that this is not only offensive but pure ad hom fallacy. Being against a position based on rational thought isn’t an indication of some personal quality of the individual. My opponent has failed to show anything resembling an argument this round.

Because my opponent has failed to participate in this debate, he has broken the rules and fundamentally (at least implicitly) forfeited.

Furthermore, because I specifically stated that we were following LD format my opponent has broken many National Forensic League regulations so judges should flow his entire case to my side. My opponent cannot win this debate.

I will post a value and criterion simply out of respect for Lincoln Douglas debate and what it represents. I apologize that I cannot post more due to lack of precipitation of the Affirmative case but I do not feel it is necessary due to the violation of the rules.

So my value premise is justice, which I define as fairness. My criterion for evaluating justice is the LD rules and the integrity of debate.org. The reason I use this criterion is my opponent has violated both of these organizations rules. And we must be fair in judging both me and my opponent on the basis of both these rules. Therefore, my opponent must lose this debate.

Anti-atheist

Pro

You haven't given any arguments against it! We're human and want equality! Whats wrong with equality? Why should gays be discrimnated against?
Fanboy

Con

Extend my arguments made last round. My opponent has presupposed unwarranted discrimination this round nor has he justified his definition of marriage.

I urge a vote in the Negative.
Anti-atheist

Pro

Anti-atheist forfeited this round.
Posted by Fanboy 3 years ago
Fanboy
I might have too... I'mma shakenn in my boots
Posted by 16kadams 3 years ago
16kadams
So, is con going to respond to that great, strong, irrefutable argument? Lol...
Posted by Fanboy 3 years ago
Fanboy
No, this is a Google Hangout debate, hence a video debate. My opponent has refused to participate as of yet
Posted by randolph7 3 years ago
randolph7
Are you both on the same side of the debate?
Posted by Fanboy 3 years ago
Fanboy
For anyone observing this debate my opponent won't answer my repeated attempts to participate.
Posted by Fanboy 3 years ago
Fanboy
I know its alot :) but I always feel like I don't have enough :)
Posted by Mythic-Dawn 3 years ago
Mythic-Dawn
..Prep time 5 minutes
Lol'd
Vote Placed by Cloud 3 years ago
Cloud
FanboyAnti-atheistTied
Reasons for voting decision: I'm not sure Anti-Atheist understood the motion from the off...
Vote Placed by DoubtingDave 3 years ago
DoubtingDave
FanboyAnti-atheistTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro forfeited, ad hominem, and con gets all 7 points.