new.aged
Borayalcinkaya

Same Sex Marriage

new.aged

new.aged

Pro

As we all know, same sex marriage is being legalized rapidly. While I have heard many people argue against it, I have yet to see someone successfully defend a con position. I'd love to get thoughts and debate a little bit on the matter.
Borayalcinkaya

Con

I think this is illegal.This is wrong for ethnic.Prevents the increase in population
new.aged

Pro

I dont understand what you mean by illegal but I will assume you would like it to be deemed illegal. First, I'd like to hear your argument on how it is ethically wrong to marry the same sex. Your understanding of ethics make be skewed.

The argument of procreation is the only argument I have really heard. My first statement to you would be that the current carrying capacity for earth is near its threshold. Therefore, we are not in need of procreation but rather the opposite. We need to slow our rate of population growth. Second, procreation does not need to be handled by every human. Obviously, that would cause an uproar in society. A friend of mine is sterile and cannot reproduce, so , in your terms, this person would be a failure because of his ability to procreate.
Borayalcinkaya

Con

You think it is normal and ordinary.But now Just think about it every people are marry with same sex.No baby no normal sex activities decrease population.ıt is dangerous for world.
new.aged

Pro

Not everyone is homosexual. There are more heterosexuals by far. Same sex marriage actually holds the key to saving the world by slowing the growth of the population.
Borayalcinkaya

Con

I did not say everyone is homosexual.This is an example and possibility.If every country say "Same sex marriage is legal" it can.It is very wrong for world's future.And doctors should find a cure for homosexual humans.
new.aged

Pro

I don't even know how to respond. You are not debating anymore. Your argument has turned into an attack. My best response is that the world will be just fine and it's a proven fact. Homosexuality is not a choice and it cannot be cured or fixed.
Borayalcinkaya

Con

This is not an attack,this is an argument.I argue for my topic.This is not my idea but I must argue this topic.If you do not want you will not say anything.You attack to me.Please discuss our topic.Thanks...

I think homosexuality is choice.If they want they can heal.I say again this is dangerous for world's future.
new.aged

Pro

new.aged forfeited this round.
Borayalcinkaya

Con

Borayalcinkaya forfeited this round.
Posted by bladerunner060 2 years ago
bladerunner060
@SNP1:

Oh, c'mon, there are FAR more offensive things frequently and vociferously said.

Which is not to negate that it is, indeed, offensive.
Posted by new.aged 2 years ago
new.aged
Its probably a religion thing. I am from Idaho and we are all Mormons for the most part and it is portrayed as evil. I just don't understand people. Sociology and psychology are so complex and yet we still barely know anything about the human mind.
Posted by TheGingerPirate 2 years ago
TheGingerPirate
If you think that's offensive... http://www.thenation.com...
There is such a thing as "gay reparative therapy" and some states have yet to prohibit parents from forcibly committing underage children to these places to have their sexuality "changed," despite he fact that the therapy was found to increase depression and suicidal thoughts AND not be effective. I can't for the life of me understand why some people are so threatened by someone else's bedroom practices.
Posted by SNP1 2 years ago
SNP1
" doctors should find a cure for homosexual humans."
This is one of the most offensive things I have ever heard about this topic
Posted by TheGingerPirate 2 years ago
TheGingerPirate
I'd love to take up a debate about it, if the invitation was open. While I do believe that homosexuality it the result of a lot of factors, I do not believe the factors are anything that can be controlled. I also firmly believe that sexual orientation of any kind is determined without a choice on behalf of the individual. While there is no "definitive" proof, if you ask a straight person when they choose to be straight, their answer is likely the same as if you ask a homosexual person when they made the decision to be homosexual - they didn't choose, they just are.
Posted by new.aged 2 years ago
new.aged
GingerPirate, I like that argument. I guess one of the most controversial topics of same sex marriage is the question of how or when a person becomes homosexual. In reality, we may never know. My true opinion is that it stems from birth but as we know, someone will think the opposite.
Posted by socratits 2 years ago
socratits
Also, if youre making another debate about the same argument, can I take up on the debate? Ill be con even though in real life I'm pro.
Posted by socratits 2 years ago
socratits
Homosexuality is biological fit defined through kin selection...I think
Posted by TheGingerPirate 2 years ago
TheGingerPirate
New.aged, you're completely right that our separation of church and state means that religious beliefs should not play a role in who is allowed to legally marry. I wanted to add to your argument that heterosexual unions obviously produce homosexual/bisexual/etc. children. Given this fact, what good is it to prevent a union between two consenting adults of the same gender when they aren't going to be reproducing even if they don't get legally married?
Posted by new.aged 2 years ago
new.aged
I'm assuming you're definition of marriage stems from some sort of religious belief. We live in a secular country. Therefore, your religious beliefs cannot and should not play a role in a political matter as such. Like I stated in my argument, the number of heterosexual couples greatly and I mean GREATLY outweighs the number of homosexual couples. The chances of same sex marriage actually affecting the population is almost impossible, and that is pure fact.
Vote Placed by FuzzyCatPotato 2 years ago
FuzzyCatPotato
new.agedBorayalcinkayaTied
Reasons for voting decision: ._.
Vote Placed by bladerunner060 2 years ago
bladerunner060
new.agedBorayalcinkayaTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro set up R1 asking for justification against SSM. While in theory he may have had the presumptive BoP, it was clear that Pro expect a case from Con first. Con's failure to offer any justification which stands prima facie as legitimate nets Pro the argument points, as far as I'm concerned. Even if I grant that SOME of Con's case was...actual case, Pro clearly rebutted its mere-assertion-level arguments. Both sides forfeited the final round...I might be tempted to award conduct to Con for Pro's first forfeit, but I believe the site's been having problems, and it at least appears they both had the same problem, whatever it was. There was very little actual writing, here, but what little there was from Con was considerably worse than what little there was from Pro. Nobody sourced. As always, happy to clarify this RFD.