jayylavado
dixie_boy

Same-Sex Marriage

jayylavado

Pro

I believe that it is okay to be in a relationship with the same gender as you. If you love them and you want to be with them, then that it is okay. I understand if it is against some peoples religion, but I do not believe that people should be discriminated against if they are homosexual. it is okay to be unique!
dixie_boy

Con

Upon reading my description, you may notice I am catholic, yes I am. However I completely agree with your argument, except that I don't. Being gay is fine, it is not a choice, you are simply born that way, it is completely okay and it does not make you any less of a person, you have the freedom to be who you want to be, and be with who you want to be with. Marriage is a sacrament of the Abrahamic religions, it is purely a part of religion, until the government got involved and made it more than it was intended to be. I believe if we simply change the government's definition of marriage to something like civil union, so that everyone not affiliated with the church (gay or strait) would be in a civil union with their partner not a marriage. That way marriage can go back to being purely religious. Then if non religious people want to cement their commitment to each other then they can, through civil union, or whatever they choose to call it.
jayylavado

Pro

jayylavado forfeited this round.
dixie_boy

Con

Why do you forfeit, please explain. Am I misinformed? I dont have a whole lot else to say.
jayylavado

Pro

jayylavado forfeited this round.
dixie_boy

Con

dixie_boy forfeited this round.
Posted by Benjiboy960 1 year ago
Benjiboy960
I have to disagree with Con. People are not born gay.