EveryoneDebates123
Just-Call-Me-PK

Same-Sex Marriage

Just-Call-Me-PK

EveryoneDebates123

Pro

I fully support same-sex marriage. How can you not? I know many say that being gay is a choice, if that is true, when did you chose to become straight. See it doesn't make any sense. Many homophobes say that they were gay and became straight, so that basically means you are bi-sexual. How can homophobes hate another human being? How much provincial thinking does it take for you to hate another HUMAN being with feelings? Homophobes also try to pull out the bible card. The bible also says that we shouldn't judge, but we do that everyday. The bible also says that we should lay with out fathers. Incest? No thank you. There is proof that your sexuality is determined at birth, so being gay isn't a choice. Homophobes need to wake up and learn to accept everyone. Why is it anyone else's business what two independent adults do in their home?

Hundreds of species have homosexuality in it, but we are the only species that has homophobia; that sure does tell you that being gay is certainly natural. Someone please explain why being gay is "unnatural." Homophobes keep changing why they don't like homophobes, in the 1960's it was because they thought they were pedophiles, now it is because they are gross and unnatural? Make up your mind homophones.I hope that if you are homophobic, you learn to accept everyone. Remember, being gay isn't a choice, but being ignorant is.
Just-Call-Me-PK

Con

I accept the debate, all the best.
EveryoneDebates123

Pro

I believe that there is nothing wrong with being gay. I think the government shouldn't make someone sell a cake to gay people, but it is morally wrong if you deny people. It is like denying someone because they are black. Why do you not like gay people?
Just-Call-Me-PK

Con

Thank you for the comments, can I point out straight off the bat, I have only written to accept the debate and wished you luck in the debate and in your response to this you have condemned me for apparently not liking gay people. (Are you judging me before we have even begun the debate? Even though you have correctly pointed out that we shouldn't judge) As a side bar it may be worth knowing that my best friend is gay and I love him and he will not receive any judgement from me (nor will anyone else, gay or straight) this is church teaching. There are many misconceptions in your comments just like there are many misconceptions on catholic church teachings.

"I fully support same sex marriage, how can you not?"

First of all we should look at what marriage actually is. When the tradition and word marriage was introduced it was the union of one man and one woman, that is the definition of the word. What is happening now is, people are trying to get the word re-defined, it's not about the church not 'marrying' homosexuals, its more like society trying to force the church to change its beautiful historic tradition, and just because the church understandably wont do this, the judgement is actually on the church and its members, not the other way around. Two people of the same sex cannot be 'married' this statement simply doesn't make sense, it would be like calling a square a circle, but no....a square is a shape with 4 sides that's what a square is defined as.

Even though there is debate regarding sexuality being a choice or not, we can say for sure that we choose to act (or not act) on our tendencies. Another example would be, certain people may have an urge to commit adultery but do not have an urge to commit a homosexual act, just like someone may have an urge to commit a homosexual act but not have an urge to commit adultery. You see what I mean? As the bible teaches, we each have our own cross to bear, its up to us to act/not act on our own specific urges.

I agree with you that we should not judge anyone and not hate anyone but unfortunately people do this, if someone acts like this from the catholic church they ARE NOT following the teachings of the church. It is so important to look at the teachings and not the actions of individuals, remember we are all sinners but the teaching is always the same. Could you tell me where it says that about laying with our fathers in the bible please? It is interesting though you bring this up (even though I believe you are mistaking) but what if a daughter said she was in love with her father and vice versa, and that they wanted to get 'married' if they are apparently in love why cant they get 'married'? If we re-define the word marriage then we cant stop 'marriage' within the same family if they say its love. Obviously I don't believe this but it cant be one rule for one person and not the same rule for others. You can see because of this, re-defining marriage opens up a world of issues.

You are forgetting the difference between us and other animals, we can rationalise and have morals. It is a fact that a man and woman naturally complement each other and are designed to do just that, if we where all homosexuals then our whole race would be extinct. Reproduce=natural, not to reproduce=unnatural.

"Being gay isn't a choice, but being ignorant is"
You would agree then that if a God exists and puts moral law on our hearts, then it is possible to be ignorant to those morals if we don't agree with them?
EveryoneDebates123

Pro

First off I wasn't trying to judge you, just trying to get the debate started. A church can still be church if it is open to marrying same-sex marriage. Two people of the same sex getting married makes just as much sense as a man and a woman getting married. Traditional marriage is a man and a woman, but why stop there? Why can't we have "Gay Marriage", if we had that you agree with it. You have no right trying to tell people what is not a "marriage." Believe me, I know some people can try to shove gay stuff down your throat (quite literally sometimes if you get the joke), but it is like Christians, there are some that are crazy and some that are not.

While I don't agree with incest, it is looked down upon because it can cause serious birth problems and if they want to legalize it, they are free to do the same thing same-sex couples did. We can deny marriage for someone until they can make it to the supreme court and prove that what they want is moral.

Come, let us make our father drink wine, and we will lie with him, that we may preserve seed of our father. And they made their father drink wine that night: and the firstborn went in, and lay with her father; and he perceived not when she lay down, nor when she arose. Behold, I lay yesternight with my father: let us make him drink wine this night also; and go thou in, and lie with him, that we may preserve seed of our father. And they made their father drink wine that night also: and the younger arose, and lay with him; and he perceived not when she lay down, nor when she arose. Thus were both the daughters of Lot with child by their father. Genesis 19:32-36

We do have morals, but we have some stupid ones. Why can't we just learn to love one another and let everyone be at peace. I certainly believe the bible is about loving and caring about one another, but you don't seem to want that. If God put moral laws in our hearts then we wouldn't have the things that he disagreed with. Who knows whether got supports same-sex marriage.
Just-Call-Me-PK

Con

Not the catholic church, tradition is the proud foundation, and so it should be. They shouldn't just change there whole beliefs just because people want to re-define a word, that's ludicrous. I have gave plenty of reasons in my previous argument on why we can't have gay 'marriage' there is no need to repeat. "You have no right trying to tell people what is not a marriage" I am not doing this nor is the church, the word marriage is telling them that, you have it the wrong way around , people have no right to re-define such a sacred tradition and then force the church to 'marry' homosexuals. I agree with you, you get crazy people in all walks of life, Religious, Atheist, Agnostic or otherwise, but it is important not to condemn the teaching, the teaching doesn't change or act in a crazy way, the sinful individual does.

So you would allow own family marriage as long as the courts say its ok? Do the courts have more authority than God? Also when does it stop? What if a farmer turns round one day and says he is in love with his prize cow and wants to marry it? Who are we to deny his 'love'? We have an obligation with our free will to choose to live by the natural law or it could lead to caos.

Ah Genesis 19, thank you for providing this. There are several ways to go here but here are a couple, first off the old testament has been fulfilled with the death of Christ on the cross, that's why we have the new testament. Also we can't judge people in the past for their way of living just because we don't live that way now, the way you lived your life thousands of years ago is obviously going to be different from today, just like in thousands of years to come they will be talking about ways we lived our life today. Secondly, incest would have been inevitable back in the day or else we could not have reproduced so God could have allowed it to populate the earth until a certain point, we now know we shouldn't live that way today because God told us to stop living that way, but doesn't give us the right to judge the past just because we don't do it today. This also highlights why members of the same family can't marry.

Could you elaborate on the 'stupid morals'? And why they are stupid?
I agree, I wish we all lived peacefully and lovingly and I don't know why you think I don't want that?? You are seriously misinterpreting what I am saying, this is what the bible teaches us to do and this is how I am trying to live my life, but because of original sin it makes it hard for each of us in our own personal way, that is why God gave us morals and natural law and free will, guidelines on how to achieve love and peace but we have to choose it and not reject him and because we don't fully choose Gods will that is why we don't have world peace. He knows we will fall because of original sin but that is the whole point, not to give up just because we sin but to pick ourselves up and keep trying harder to choose God and not just give in to sin. The problem is, people want an easy ride where they can do what they want and answer to no-one which puts them into denial by rejecting God, this is the problem.
EveryoneDebates123

Pro

I think you want might want to watch this but apply it to gays: https://www.youtube.com...

I cant comprehend how ignorant and or stupid you must be. I don't care what you think, but you are a horrible person. "People are trying to define a sacred marriage." No one is doing that, we are. just trying to expand the meaning of traditional marriage. Well in our life, the courts do have more power than God. If God comes down and wants to control the government, let him do it. We all sin don't we, there is not a person on this earth that has not committed a sin. The bible teaches us to love one another like I said, and we certainly aren't doing that to everyone. You said why cant judge someone on how they used to live, so why can we judge how they live now? Maybe got created homosexuality to slow down the population because we are definitely running out of resources. I don't think you want everyone to like in peace before you are CONDEMING someone.
You religious idiots who take the bible way to seriously ruin a lot of things. I still can't understand why you trust the word of a 2000 year old book over someone else. I know you will say you aren't, but you are. You are saying just because the bible may say that being gay is wrong that Gay's are sinners; well you're a sinner too. I want to know how being gay is falling into sin when people are born that way. Google it, there is scientific proof that being gay is determined at marriage. Why did God create people if he know they were going to send. If God is this superior being, why didn't he stop 9/11 or ISIS? If God is so great why didn't he create world peace. Why didn't he take away the ability to do wrong. You're the problem with society, you need to learn to accept someone for who they aren't and not try to change them. Isn't comforting to know that people that think like you have hate groups? It is almost humorous how you preach all these bible things yet once again you are contradicting the main message of the bible. I suppose you also think the world is only 2000 years old. I can't comprehend how you can be such a sheep. How does same-sex marriage affect you negatively. You should be glad because countries are starting to learn one another like the bible wants us to. You are clearly believing what you want to believe and it shows pure ignorance. I suppose if you had a gay son or daughter you would kick them out; that would make you a horrible person. I hope one day you can see how stupid you sound and wake up. What's the point of living if you are a slave to a book and don't make your own decisions. Even if you win this debate, that is like winning a very small battle. No matter what you choose to believe, you are losing this war. We will unite one day and love everyone!

Just-Call-Me-PK

Con

Thanks for all the insults, you must really know me, as a catholic I am used to the hate. I can see this is because of your frustration from learning some new truths that you don't like. (A common reaction) Did you actually read all of my arguments? because it doesn't seem like you have. My best friend of 15 years is gay and I couldn't ask for a better friend. Just because you are frustrated doesn't give you the right to lash out at people, because of your frustration and stubbornness you automatically come to the conclusion God doesn't exist which is completely illogical, just because you don't fully understand something (which I don't either by the way) doesn't mean you should become aggressive. I suggest you study the context of the bible although I believe you may be one of these people who just have an opinion on gay 'marriage' and want to force it on everyone without understanding the context of of the teachings. You are proof in this debate that an issue is with you, not me, you are presenting messages of hate right now and then saying I'm the problem? as I have already stated I do not hate or judge ANYONE as the bible teaches, the judging is down to God. The only hate here is coming from you. We all have to change in one way or another, to better ourselves. You have asked so many questions that are directed away from the main subject of the debate and if you like I would be happy to debate them with you, but don't make the mistake of trying to play God by determining how things should be, we have no right doing that. All the issues you raise are created by us not God and it is because we don't abide by his teaching that leads to these things happening. "No-one is doing that" People are trying to re-define marriage...fact. You are mistaking free will with more power, God has more power but by his choice allows us free will to make all the choices we make but his will is for our choices to be towards him. Yes we are all sinners in our own specific way, again I have already said this. You are making a lot of assumptions about God and what he might be doing to try and coincide it with your own personal thinking, again this is very common and also strange since god don't believe in God. We abide by Gods laws he is not bound by ours, he created us. Again I have to say your misconceptions are severe, no I don't think the world is 2000 years old, you are taking a belief of some and applying it to me, I hate to keep repeating myself but you clearly don't understand catholic teaching. Do not condemn the teachings because of the actions of individuals which I have also already said. I hope one day you wake up and actually give the teachings a chance rather than misconstruing them because of your opinion of others actions. "Slave to a book, don't make your own decisions" yet another misconception, we all have free will which means we make every decision in our life and my decision is to choose God. "You are losing this war" what war?? I'm not interested in a war thank you. The buck doesn't stop with homosexuals, they are just people and the church has bigger fish to fry, like trying to tackle poverty and can proudly say they are the biggest charitable organisation on the planet, sure sounds like a bunch of "stupid idiots". I thank you for the debate and you will be in my prayers.
Posted by Jacket1616 7 months ago
Jacket1616
Ok lets debate
Posted by EveryoneDebates123 7 months ago
EveryoneDebates123
If you want to debate about same-sex marriage, I will be happy too.
EveryoneDebates123
I wasn't really off topic. You have to look at both sides of the argument. You can't take about same-sex marriage without addressing counter arguments.
Posted by Jacket1616 7 months ago
Jacket1616
I thought this debate was about same sex marriage, not about homophones. Please structure the debate around the topic and not get off topic please.
Vote Placed by SegBeg 4 months ago
SegBeg
EveryoneDebates123Just-Call-Me-PKTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro called Con "ignorant,""stupid" and a "religious idiot". this takes away their good conduct. I had to award spelling and grammar to Con only due to Pro's slight lack of question marks. Also Pro's arguments seem to be more of a lash out against Con for his disagreement with homosexuality rather than a civilized debate. I could not look at Pro's provided Youtube video as the internet would not let me so unfortunately I have to make it a tie but overall, I vote for Con.