ModernHippie
CyberOptics

Same-Sex adoption

ModernHippie

Pro

I believe that same-sex couples should be able to adopt simply because I believe every child should be able to have a home. I also believe that every capable adult that wants a child should be allowed the opportunity to have one. There are thousands of children and teenagers that go without a home daily, that is not right. Everyone should be given the opportunity to have a loving home to go to. Everyone should have the opportunity to be held by a loving parent. No matter the sex of that parent. It does not matter what is on the outside, it doesn't matter what the sexuality of that parent is, all that matters is that they can provide the love and acceptance that child needs. Millions of heterosexual couples are able to reproduce, and they do. However, there are a countless amount of those that aren't capable of providing the home that a child needs. Some don't even try. A couple should not be able to treat a child badly just for the simple fact that they are heterosexual and they are capable of conceiving a child. There should not be thousands of teenagers walking around with a child that they don't know the first thing about taking care of. Its not right. A child deserves happiness. A child deserves love. No matter where that love may come from, they preserve every right to have that.

CyberOptics

Con

i agree with you about the fact that every child should have a home , and that's a fundamental right for the modern constitution we are now leaving in . but here there is a welding between two subjects , as your argument is a bit asymmetric, because here we are talking about 'adoption for gay couples' as i see and you are pushing more the moral aspect of the idea, as we have to see things with a bit of logic and rationality . so lets get things done , by first saying that the fact of being well treated and being provided by moral support is very important for every child in the universe , but if we see things from an other angle, we gonna have to study a bit deeply the psychological structure for our subject that is the child which is adopted by gay couple. first of all , i'am okay for gay marriage and all that , i'am not saying that gay couples can not handle the responsibility of that child but the child is more like a human being that goes into a psychological genesis , which is the development process for his brain , and as he is exposed to this posture, i can assure you that we are going to need some science studies and medical approve that when two parents from the same gender raise a kid , this kid will not get any problems threw his personal development , because lets say that for example that he is straight , and his parents are gay . i'am pretty sure that this is going to influence on his childhood like gay people get influenced by their parents once they see them kissing for example. this is my point of view , that says that we should go threw studies before legalizing such a process. that's it , thank you.
ModernHippie

Pro

With all do respect, there are studies saying that children of same-sex parents are happier. I'm not quite sure that I saw any other information open for debate in your reply. What is it exactly that you're arguing against it for? Maybe I'm ignorant and there were obvious oppositions but I saw none.
For the record, I looked up "Studies about same-sex parenting." I didn't look up "Positive studies about same- sex parenting." Therefore; I did not look this information up to help me only. Do with the links as you please but as far as I can tell, many research has been done. There are even videos of the kids themselves talking about their parents on YouTube. Kids tend to not care if you have two dads or two moms. It doesn't matter. All that matters is that the kid is happy. Yes, I did focus on pointing out that the children need a home. That is my main point. I don't see them as being a "homosexual family," I see them as simply being a family.
But, by all means, continue to try to debate with me. Just, please, next time; give me something to debate with. I cannot clearly debate with something that is just restating what I've said. I cannot clearly debate with something as off topic as same-sex marriage. That is for another post. Give me facts, give me opinions. Say something I may actually reply to. Otherwise, this is a pretty useless argument.

Studies/ Websites:
"Children Of Gay Parents Are Happier And Healthier Than Their Peers, New Study Finds"
http://www.huffingtonpost.com...
This website points out the flaws in negative feedback from "studies," made. Use it as you will.
http://thinkprogress.org...
Probably the most creditable website, for it was in the actual news
http://www.newrepublic.com...
"World’s largest study on same-sex parents finds kids are healthier and happier than peers"
From:
http://www.salon.com...
"Children of same-sex couples are happier and healthier than peers, research shows"
From:
http://www.washingtonpost.com...

CyberOptics

Con

Actually , i was just pointing the fact that you were more giving a precision on the moral side of the argument you are just exposing . here we are talking about child adoption , not marriage only , so please , let's get back to the point . you are outdated in what concerns subjet-in proprieties. i'am okay with child adoption for gay couples, only if there will be coherent and rational studies going on , and by that i mean official studies.
thank you.
ModernHippie

Pro

You still have given me nothing to argue. Your replies are completely invalid. How do I even keep a debate going with that?

I'm pretty sure that there have been studies done. If not, I don't think I would have found as many resources in my last debate. However; say there weren't. Why don't you tell me what you want to be in the study? What are you wanting to conduct? This could at least give me an opportunity to debate something. Seeing as how you've given me nothing.
You continue to say that I've went toward the moral side of the conversation, but you haven't given me anything to do otherwise. Shall I just sit here and argue with myself? Okay, I can do that.

Example:
"I believe that children raised with homosexual parents will, themselves, become homosexual."
My thoughts:
I don't think this is correct because homosexual people had to come out of heterosexuals. Saying that a child seeing their parents kiss the same sex would make them want to would be just as idiotic as saying every child from heterosexual parents will be heterosexual. We all know that this is incorrect. You're going to love and be attracted to anyone. It doesn't matter what you're exposed to. Yes, it may influence them but so does having heterosexual parents. In the end it seems the only valid reason anyone would make this statement is just because they don't want more homosexual people. That's pretty ignorant.
Another side that I tend argue with this is that they shouldn't feel pressured to have any specific sexuality. In a same-sex household, the parents know what its like to be put down or told they're wrong their entire life. They have been told that they are going to "burn in Hell," or they're "disgusting," they are far less likely to pass judgement on another for being themselves.

If a same-sex couple wants to have a child, they have to actually work for it. They have to fill out documents, possibly try numerous times, they have to be judged by many people. They have to actually want the child. They have to put forth time and effort into getting a baby. They aren't like many heterosexual people. They can't just have sex and produce a "mistake." They have to want this. This makes them better parents than a lot of people. I believe this because they aren't being forced into parenting. I'm not saying heterosexual couples can't raise a child right but I am saying some of them can't. You see a teenager walking around the street carrying a baby with rags on. She is living off her parents can't get a job, and the father has left her. No one can tell me that woman can take more care of a child just because she is heterosexual. Whenever there are thousands of same-sex couples that have a home, have a steady job, have been together for years, and even have their own home. But they aren't able to adopt just because they happen to be two men, or two women.
CyberOptics

Con

CyberOptics forfeited this round.
ModernHippie

Pro

Is that it? Alright. Thanks for an incredibly weak debate.
CyberOptics

Con

CyberOptics forfeited this round.
Posted by SkepticalDefender 1 year ago
SkepticalDefender
Yes they should, science shows in fact that gay couples actually provide better as parents a because they want the child. Better to have parents then none at all right? Of course rebublicans lied and said you're better of living in prison. By a rebublican mind you. legitimant research shows otherwise because they chose to have and adopt the child.