Same-sex Marriage

10 Reasons Why Homosexual "Marriage" is Harmful and Must be Opposed

1. It Is Not Marriage
2. It Violates Natural Law
3. It Always Denies a Child Either a Father or a Mother
4. It Validates and Promotes the Homosexual Lifestyle
5. It Turns a Moral Wrong into a Civil Right
6. It Does Not Create a Family but a Naturally Sterile Union
7. It Defeats the State"s Purpose of Benefiting Marriage
8. It Imposes Its Acceptance on All Society
9. It Is the Cutting Edge of the Sexual Revolution
10. It Offends God

Okay, I have a technique where I go through every argument someone else uses and counter them.

1. I don't like the sanctity of marriage argument. The sanctity of marriage was demolished a long time ago by straight people. Straight people get married all the time because of dumb reasons (one got knocked up in high school for example.) and I don't see everyone losing their minds on them. But when two dudes decide to stick a ring on each other, everyone has to go nuts.

2. Natural law? If humans respected "natural law" we wouldn't go through "natural" forests to build cities.

3. Yes it does, but a single parent adopting a child ALSO denies said child of a father or mother.

4. What's a homosexual lifestyle? Gay people aren't women, they don't go shopping or wear lipstick or stereotypical things like that. I have a gay friend, and I had no idea he was gay until a week ago. You know why? Because he was completely normal.

5. Again, with argument #1, morality in marriage has also been destroyed by celebrities and dumb people.

7. I don't know how many times I'm going to have to use this argument, but it's clearly not going away. Marriage is just stupid now, it's basically an excuse to have kids.

8. Acceptance? Do you have any idea how hard it is for gay people to be accepted? I don't either, because I'm not gay, but I can guess it's not easy. If people know you're gay, you're considered the worst thing to happen since hitler. All because you woke up one morning and thought "Screw women."

9. Sexual revolution doesn't sound like a thing that exists. It might, but I'm just a teenager so what do I know.

10. The god argument. That can never be an argument, because America has actual laws against enforcing religion. Saying that gay marriage offends god is a reason to ban gay marriage is not considered a legitimate reason.

Now I just want to say, I'm not exactly pro gay marriage. That is to say, I'm anti-marriage altogether. Marriage should not be so socially enforced as it is today. Getting married doesn't prove anything, and two people don't love each other more because of it. It's just a lifetime of "Did you get eggs at the grocery store? Why not" and "Oh great. The In Laws are coming over for dinner". If I was on death row, and the warden gave me a choice of the electric chair or marrying someone, I'd tell him to get me a steak and to fire up the generators.

Let's talk about 'The Psychological Development of the Child'
how do you think ? if child have 2 father or 2 mother is it normal ?!
is it natural ?!
is it GOOD ?!
i don't think so....
gay lifestyle means they want to adopt childrens to raise them like a future 'homosexual'.
Let's just think about future generations !!
i don't think you have any argument wich will make me think 'oh really, let's accept it'
i will not say it !
do you know what's going on in Europe ?
in Paris, France scientist killed himself in front of the 'L'arc de Triomphe - The Arch of Triumph in Paris'...
this scientist was nobel candidate... and he killed himself because of sodomy... saying only few words 'WAKE UP FRANCE'
Do you know what's going on in Eeast Europe ?
in Tbilisi ?
in Kiev ?
do you know what's happening around the world ?

you don't like my T70;1 argument so this is my answer for it :

Marriage is not just any relationship between human beings. It is a relationship rooted in human nature and thus governed by natural law.

Natural law"s most elementary precept is that "good is to be done and pursued, and evil is to be avoided." By his natural reason, man can perceive what is morally good or bad for him. Thus, he can know the end or purpose of each of his acts and how it is morally wrong to transform the means that help him accomplish an act into the act"s purpose.

Any situation which institutionalizes the circumvention of the purpose of the sexual act violates natural law and the objective norm of morality.

Being rooted in human nature, natural law is universal and immutable. It applies to the entire human race, equally. It commands and forbids consistently, everywhere and always. Saint Paul taught in the Epistle to the Romans that the natural law is inscribed on the heart of every man.

I've heard the "gay people only raise gay people" argument before. Because, you know, straight people only raise straight people.

And no, it's not natural, I'll give you that. Even I think about that sometimes. But it's no reason to ban it. Since when do we ban something due to it being unnatural? Because I can list a bunch of things that are unnatural

-Flipping a switch and a room becomes illuminated in light.
-One species controlling an entire planet.
-A black box that if we click it, we can communicate to other humans globally.
-A stick that if you click it, a tiny ball of metal will come out and KILL whatever it's pointed at.

Most art forms are unnatural. Do we ban them? No! Being gay is no more unnatural than taking down a tree to process materials for paper so that a student can write an essay on the environment.

Sartania-Georgia forfeited this round.

Now look, I'm not exactly on one side or the other on same-sex marriage. But I believe that people should have that right. Furthermore, being gay isn't a decision. No gay person will tell you "Well, I just woke up one morning with a sudden craving for d***.". And as for the god thing...

Look. Even if ol' spaceman spiff is actually up there, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't give two frozen s***s if gay marriage becomes legal. If god created all life on earth, and cares about all of his children, then in all probability, god probably cares about humans at the same extent he cares about, say, a cricket.

So I don't really care if it becomes legal, all I want is for people to drop it.
Posted by Sartania-Georgia 3 years ago
hello everyone, sorry i haven't answered on your question, i was away for few days.
1) i am from Georgia, East Europe
2) Bible? you can find answer in bible on that question, it calls Sodom and Gomorrah, you should read it :)
Posted by Babeslayer 3 years ago
The other thing I forgot to mention: How does legalizing gay marriage actually do any harm? Nobodies dying because of it, it's not like we're legalizing murder. We're allowing people to get married regardless of gender. What's wrong with that?
Posted by leojm 3 years ago
Your not looking at the small images in the big picture. You are just looking at the big overall picture and missing the actual details.
Posted by AriellaSoulliere 3 years ago
Love is love! Gays and bisexuals can't help that they prefer the same sex!! Gays and bi's should be able to get married. This is America. They have a right.
Posted by The_argueonator 3 years ago
1. what country are you from?
2. if it was against the bible to be gay why would god let babies that would turn gay in the future be born ?

p.s. sorry for assuming your American its just that i haven't heard so much b.s come out of a non American
Posted by Babeslayer 3 years ago
Protests can't really be used as legittimate argument. Just because some people don't accept it doesn't mean we ban it. Did we ban the internet because people were against it at the time? We're humans, we adapt easily. If we allow same-sex marraige, it won't be a problem.
Posted by StevenDixon 3 years ago
He killed himself because he's a crazy bigot.
Posted by Sartania-Georgia 3 years ago
Over one million people reportedly took to the streets in France on Jan. 13 in opposition to President Francois Hollande's "marriage for all" proposal.
Figures show between 1.3 and 1.5 million protested against their president's plans to pass same-sex marriage, according Bruno Dary, the former military governor of the city of Paris. Numbers from other media outlets range from an estimated 340,000 to 800,000 attendees.

Read more:
Posted by Sartania-Georgia 3 years ago
as i said ---> in Paris, France scientist killed himself in front of the 'L'arc de Triomphe - The Arch of Triumph in Paris'...
Posted by Sartania-Georgia 3 years ago

what can you say ?
they are like HITLER ?
or this is global problem ?!
i'm listening