Debate Rounds (3)
1. It Is Not Marriage
2. It Violates Natural Law
3. It Always Denies a Child Either a Father or a Mother
4. It Validates and Promotes the Homosexual Lifestyle
5. It Turns a Moral Wrong into a Civil Right
6. It Does Not Create a Family but a Naturally Sterile Union
7. It Defeats the State"s Purpose of Benefiting Marriage
8. It Imposes Its Acceptance on All Society
9. It Is the Cutting Edge of the Sexual Revolution
10. It Offends God
1. I don't like the sanctity of marriage argument. The sanctity of marriage was demolished a long time ago by straight people. Straight people get married all the time because of dumb reasons (one got knocked up in high school for example.) and I don't see everyone losing their minds on them. But when two dudes decide to stick a ring on each other, everyone has to go nuts.
2. Natural law? If humans respected "natural law" we wouldn't go through "natural" forests to build cities.
3. Yes it does, but a single parent adopting a child ALSO denies said child of a father or mother.
4. What's a homosexual lifestyle? Gay people aren't women, they don't go shopping or wear lipstick or stereotypical things like that. I have a gay friend, and I had no idea he was gay until a week ago. You know why? Because he was completely normal.
5. Again, with argument #1, morality in marriage has also been destroyed by celebrities and dumb people.
7. I don't know how many times I'm going to have to use this argument, but it's clearly not going away. Marriage is just stupid now, it's basically an excuse to have kids.
8. Acceptance? Do you have any idea how hard it is for gay people to be accepted? I don't either, because I'm not gay, but I can guess it's not easy. If people know you're gay, you're considered the worst thing to happen since hitler. All because you woke up one morning and thought "Screw women."
9. Sexual revolution doesn't sound like a thing that exists. It might, but I'm just a teenager so what do I know.
10. The god argument. That can never be an argument, because America has actual laws against enforcing religion. Saying that gay marriage offends god is a reason to ban gay marriage is not considered a legitimate reason.
Now I just want to say, I'm not exactly pro gay marriage. That is to say, I'm anti-marriage altogether. Marriage should not be so socially enforced as it is today. Getting married doesn't prove anything, and two people don't love each other more because of it. It's just a lifetime of "Did you get eggs at the grocery store? Why not" and "Oh great. The In Laws are coming over for dinner". If I was on death row, and the warden gave me a choice of the electric chair or marrying someone, I'd tell him to get me a steak and to fire up the generators.
how do you think ? if child have 2 father or 2 mother is it normal ?!
is it natural ?!
is it GOOD ?!
i don't think so....
gay lifestyle means they want to adopt childrens to raise them like a future 'homosexual'.
Let's just think about future generations !!
i don't think you have any argument wich will make me think 'oh really, let's accept it'
i will not say it !
do you know what's going on in Europe ?
in Paris, France scientist killed himself in front of the 'L'arc de Triomphe - The Arch of Triumph in Paris'...
this scientist was nobel candidate... and he killed himself because of sodomy... saying only few words 'WAKE UP FRANCE'
Do you know what's going on in Eeast Europe ?
in Tbilisi ?
in Kiev ?
do you know what's happening around the world ?
you don't like my T70;1 argument so this is my answer for it :
Marriage is not just any relationship between human beings. It is a relationship rooted in human nature and thus governed by natural law.
Natural law"s most elementary precept is that "good is to be done and pursued, and evil is to be avoided." By his natural reason, man can perceive what is morally good or bad for him. Thus, he can know the end or purpose of each of his acts and how it is morally wrong to transform the means that help him accomplish an act into the act"s purpose.
Any situation which institutionalizes the circumvention of the purpose of the sexual act violates natural law and the objective norm of morality.
Being rooted in human nature, natural law is universal and immutable. It applies to the entire human race, equally. It commands and forbids consistently, everywhere and always. Saint Paul taught in the Epistle to the Romans that the natural law is inscribed on the heart of every man.
NO ONE WILL ACCEPT SAME-SEX MARRIAGE, WE HAVE MANY REASONS FOR IT
And no, it's not natural, I'll give you that. Even I think about that sometimes. But it's no reason to ban it. Since when do we ban something due to it being unnatural? Because I can list a bunch of things that are unnatural
-Flipping a switch and a room becomes illuminated in light.
-One species controlling an entire planet.
-A black box that if we click it, we can communicate to other humans globally.
-A stick that if you click it, a tiny ball of metal will come out and KILL whatever it's pointed at.
Most art forms are unnatural. Do we ban them? No! Being gay is no more unnatural than taking down a tree to process materials for paper so that a student can write an essay on the environment.
Sartania-Georgia forfeited this round.
Look. Even if ol' spaceman spiff is actually up there, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't give two frozen s***s if gay marriage becomes legal. If god created all life on earth, and cares about all of his children, then in all probability, god probably cares about humans at the same extent he cares about, say, a cricket.
So I don't really care if it becomes legal, all I want is for people to drop it.
No votes have been placed for this debate.
You are not eligible to vote on this debate
This debate has been configured to only allow voters who meet the requirements set by the debaters. This debate either has an Elo score requirement or is to be voted on by a select panel of judges.