bellawins
Stephen7

Same sex marriage should be allowed

bellawins

bellawins

Pro

Same sex marriage is defined as marriage between partners of the same sex. A boy and a boy or a girl and a girl. Recently, a law was passed that same sex marriage is legal in all fifty states. Yet, there are still plays where it is not allowed. I believe that same sex marriage is just like opposite sex marriage. Why should it matter if it's boy and boy, boy and girl, or girl and girl? It's still marriage. It shouldn't be any different.

Law passing same sex marriage: http://www.ncsl.org...
Stephen7

Con

Greetings. I am Stephen the "Con" of the debate.

My Personal Opinion On Same Sex Marriage:
I personally do not believe that same sex marriage should be legalized because it is wrong in my opinion.

Same Sex Marriage In The Holy Bible:
In the Bible, Leviticus 18:22 says: "'Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable."

Don't Get Me Wrong:
I've known many homosexual people, and they can decorate a house pretty well. Even though I do not support same sex marriage, I don't mind associating myself with a same sex couple.
bellawins

Pro

"They can decorate a house pretty well"? I hardly think that has anything to do with this debate. I'd like to say that four, one sentence paragraphs is hardly a strong argument. How does your sense of style and interior design reflect upon your sexual orientation? I know many people who are straight and still have lovely homes.

I do, however see your point on the religious part. I am not at all religious, but I know that many people are. They have a right to religious freedom to believe what they want. I know that for Christians, the bible is against homosexuality. And those people don't have to approve of homosexuality. They don't have to preform it, the priests don't have to preform the marriage. But just because some people don't approve, it's not fair to stop others from loving who they want to love. I have a family friend with a girl friend, they have been dating over ten years because it was not legal in their state to marry. I was lucky to attend their marriage when it was finally allowed and it was beautiful to see them saying their vows. Equally as beautiful as the heterosexual marriages I have attended. Nicer than some, even.

So sure, if you do not believe in it, you should not be forced to participate, but don't take away the right of others to participate in something that is a part of them. Homosexuals can't stop being themselves any more than you can stop being you.
Stephen7

Con

Stephen7 forfeited this round.
bellawins

Pro

First off I'd like to ask something, are you forfeiting because you are too scared to continue? Or is it something else? I don't think it's quite fair for me to build my case while you cannot, so I will not. I will be fair and give you another chance. Please try harder next time. You committed to this debate. At least try to say something in your case.
Stephen7

Con

Stephen7 forfeited this round.
Posted by bellawins 9 months ago
bellawins
I'm disappointed that Con only said one thing in his defense, I think it is obvious who has won. I tried to be fair and give him another chance, but he did not take it. Please vote for Pro!
Posted by Stonehe4rt 9 months ago
Stonehe4rt
I am sad to see that's your opinion. However firstly, I am not a religious person as in you must throw water over your head and all that type of stuff. As I am Christian all I believe is to try to follow in Jesus Christ foot steps. Faith doesn't not belittle one, in fact it is about how we are all loved equally and all have purpose.
Blessed are the poor: you misunderstand here, firstly when it tells us to tide money,nit means everyone including the rich, it is a design that if everyone followed and loved one another there would be no poverity.
Blessed are the humble: This means not being a royal douche, lol basically knowing that everyone is equal, do not belittle others, help those you can, encourage others for success.
Blessed are the hungry: lol over and over in the bible it talks about how we should feed the hungry, take care of the widow and orphan. Don't know why you think it what's to make people suffer.
Blessed are the pure heart: so you think in order to have a brain, you cannot try to be loving and pure? Odd, well I guess for an atheist there isn't a need for things such as love since nothing matters and this is all insignificant and there is no one who loves us all, no one who has any reason to want to help, and everything should be about you since it was all random anyways.
The way I see it, Atheism is a self centered way of controlling the population: you are the only thing that matters, money, sex, power, this is what defines a good life, get it before you die blah blah blah. But for a Christian it's about helping others, trying to give them the best life, protecting those you love, loving everyone, and equality and freedom.
Of course we obviously have to big different opinions on the matter, and you obviously want to talk religion right now. We may be all sinners, but even so God wants us, and never gives up on us. No where in the Bible should we live in fear, when it says the: "Fear of God" I see that as God fearing we corrupt, he is like a
Posted by missmedic 9 months ago
missmedic
Religion is the systematic marketing of fear. Blessed are the poor (donate heavily). Blessed are the meek (obey). Blessed are the humble (don"t question authority). Blessed are the hungry (make us rich while you starve). Blessed are the merciful (if you catch us doing something wrong, let it go). Blessed are the pure of heart (switch off your brain). Blessed are the timid, the cowardly, the fearful. Blessed are those who give us their power and become our slaves. That"s the kind of nonsense religion pushes on people. They train you to turn your back on courage, strength, and conscious living. This is stupidity, not divinity. Religion will teach you to fear being different, to fear standing up for yourself, and to fear being an independent thinker. It will erode your self-trust by explaining why you"re unable to successfully manage life on your own terms: You are unworthy. You"re a sinner. You"re unclean. You belong to a lesser caste. You are not enlightened. Of course the solution is always the same " submit to the will of an external authority. Believe that you"re inadequate. Give away your power. Follow their rules and procedures. Live in fear for the rest of your life, and hope it will all turn out okay in the end.
Posted by Stonehe4rt 9 months ago
Stonehe4rt
I am not reducing anyone's love to these things as straight marriage still exist. However as I said homosexuality was also something that was banned by courts in the past, what is to stop polygamy? So you have any reason why polygamy wouldn't be allowed if not for pure moral ethics? It destroys the family? Well one could argue that it would be safer for the children having more parental figures. Polygamy is bound to start due to this. Beastilaty is something already going on, I am not saying it will happen, it is happening. We both know that one ISIS doesn't follow the Quaran correctly and they are just hypocrites who want to justify their wrong doings. However off the subject of religion I am talking about what is happening right now. Pedophila happens now and in the past it has flip flopped from frowned upon to normal. This is what I fear, us humans and corrupting the morals. How is saying that courts stopped polygamy for years anything that will ensure that they won't allow it? How can we ensure this unnatural problem won't spread in America? I have heard people claim they wouldn't be gay if they wanted to and say homosexuality is just who they are because they were born that way. Then why aren't we researching ways to cure the bad gene? Homosexuals are still human and have rights just like an autisc person does. We love em all the same however we still try to find what gene causes autism and try to fix it. So how can you say it's a genetic disorder yet embrace it? Either it is a genetic disorder or it is just a disgusting and unnatural choice that will do nothing but hurt humanity.
Posted by missmedic 9 months ago
missmedic
You are reducing the love someone has for a long-term partner to friendship, incest or bestiality. The truth is that the legalisation of gay marriage will lead to the legalisation of gay marriage. Dire warnings of slippery slopes are scaremongering. In the countries that have so far legalised same-sex marriage, courts have always rejected calls for the legalisation of polygamy. As for Pedophile that is protected under Sharia law but you need to be a muslim in a muslim country. Good old religion.
https://www.youtube.com...
Posted by Stonehe4rt 9 months ago
Stonehe4rt
Many of the things I listed would be known as completely disgusting and immoral America would never allow that! Well that's what the world believed about Homosexuality for hundreds of years but look where we are now at 2016. What use to be known as an absolute taboo and greatly frowned upon is now smiled at and said its good that they embrace what they are. BS it's not "what they are" its a disgusting and immoral choice they make. No different than polygamy, beastilaty, nor pedophile. They all things that are disgusting fetishes yet so was homosexuality now it is embraced. Heck I already know people claiming to have beastilaty, in England a woman married a dolphin. We are already down grading fast. I fear the day where little girls are being manipulated into marrying older men. I fear the day where we lose what little morals America has left.
Posted by Stonehe4rt 9 months ago
Stonehe4rt
But I have a question for you. If Gay marriage is ok because the two homosexuals "truly love each other" then what will stop people from polygamy because they all "truly love each other" after that what about marriage with animals? "It's true love" but after that will come pedophila where they get the child to say they truly love them. It ends up a direct attack on all morals and the Bible. Pedophile, polygamy, beastilaty all of it will eventually be classified as "true love." Just like homosexuals. If those two men can marry why can't I marry more women and such. Or is they all love each other who are you to say my dog doesn't love me. Or how about, who are you to decided whether she is old enough to know what love is, I'm pro choice she should be able to marry anyone she wants and blah blah blah. Eventually people will marry inanimate objects because they can feel they have a "bond with it". As you can see Homosexuality is really just a first step to immoral society. Just like Rome had fallen when it started allowing such Immoral things. How is polygamy different than homosexuals? How is beastilaty different from having a variety of lovers? How is the low intellect and confusion and easily trick able animals different from children? Who will set the age limit for animals? They are animals so they wouldn't have one, people would the argue that humans and animals are equal so young humans are ok to marry. Homosexuality shouldn't be allowed really for the sake of the Pillar of Family that a nation rest on.
Posted by Stonehe4rt 9 months ago
Stonehe4rt
Yes I just fear that the day will come when Priest and all Christians will be just labeled discriminatiory and be forced to marry homosexuals against our religion.
Posted by missmedic 9 months ago
missmedic
I agree, priest and churches should not be forced, and under the law they can't be forced. However if you open a business to the public, under the law you can not discriminate.
Posted by Stonehe4rt 9 months ago
Stonehe4rt
As long as they are married without forcing others to help marry them then it's all game I guess. Go for it, just don't force people against their religion.
Vote Placed by fire_wings 9 months ago
fire_wings
bellawinsStephen7Tied
Reasons for voting decision: ff
Vote Placed by Kirigaya-Kazuto 9 months ago
Kirigaya-Kazuto
bellawinsStephen7Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con forfeited.
Vote Placed by lannan13 9 months ago
lannan13
bellawinsStephen7Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture
Vote Placed by U.n 9 months ago
U.n
bellawinsStephen7Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Citing a bible quote as a "source" for arguing against US law is laughable IMO. But whatever... Conduct to Pro due to the forfeit.