Same-sex marriage should have always been allowed.

Straight marriage never had to undergo debates. Straight marriage wasn't questioned. Straight marriage didn't have priest's refusing to perform them.

Why does anyone have an issue with same-sex marriage?

Most of the issues relating to same-sex marriage is responses from the religious societies. What right do they have to say whether two life partners can or cannot get married? A lot of atheists do not agree in religion, but the House of Parliament does not have a debate about whether a religion should be allowed.

If the purpose of life is procreation, have the religions not heard about IVF, GS (Gestational Surrogacy), sperm donations, egg donors, IUI, etc.

Some women and men cannot procreate without surgical or medical interventions, does that mean that they should not be allowed to marry?

I think gay marriage is wrong and should never have been legalized for the following reasons.

1. If your parents were gay, you would not be here.

This is pretty self explanatory. If your dad was gay, and your mom was lesbian, you would not be here.

2. Vagina or Butt Hole?

Why the hell would you have a guy and have butt sex when you can have a girl and have real intercourse, and procreate? Sperm an egg donations donations only go so far. Like gay males will need to find a female (Who the should have had the baby with and not be gay) to carry it.

3. A lot of homosexuals want the child gay or lesbian.

Many homosexuals want their child gay and will do so at almost any cost. The heterosexual child may be forced or influenced to be gay or lesbian when they don't want to. Before refute this, think about it. Do you actually think the mothers/fathers will want their child becoming different from them when the became homosexual either for rebellion or statement? They will view it as a sign of rebellion.

Your first point is invalid. If my parents were gay, I may have still been born, via other methods previously pointed out.

Your second point is a straight male point of view, as Lesbian's do not have sex with each other's 'buttholes'.

Maybe you need to look up the definition of 'real intercourse', as penetration can be by mouth, fingers, dildo's and vibrators, which is still in the same category, and has the same effect as 'real intercourse', most cases, the satisfaction is much better.

A lot of males and females donate their gametes, and womb's, to help complete gay couples that want a family.

Nobody chooses to be gay, gay people are born gay. Not rebellion or as a statement.

I hardly see the argument as to why you think gay marriage should never have been legalised, as your side of the argument looks like a way of venting your hatred for gay people.

Rebuttal 1:

Has your dad donated his sperm before? Has your mom donated an egg before? From what I collect from your previous statement,you were made by intercourse. let's think about how vitro works. First, the collect semen from the dad. outside woman's vagina, the sperm have only hours to live. Inside a woman's vagina, the sperm have 3 to 5 days. This means your dad would have to give his semen to the hospital within 5 days before your sperm, technically you would die. It is very unlikely that your dad would do it in that time span. For your mom, they would take an egg from her breast and fertilize it. it is very unlikely that they would take you. it is even more unlikely for both your mom and your dad do you have there reproductive cells combined. There is a .000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% chance that you would still be here today if your parents went into the vitro. not to mention if your dad or mom was happy without kids and only with their gay lover. This reduces the odds greatly!

Rebuttal 2:

Notice how normal sex has always been called sex. Other are just differations. I am going to stop now because this is kinda wrong. Keep it PG-13!

Rebuttal 3: This is the stupidest thing I have ever heard! It's like saying I was born straight! No! I could choose to be gay any second, but I choose to be straight! This debunks your theory easy! (1)

Here are my reason why I think gays should not be able to marry

1. It is sacred!

Look up the definition of marriage by our good ol' friend Merriam Webster! (1) It states it is performed between a man and a woman! Not a man and a man or a woman and a woman! Men and women have been going through this special time for ages! Many straight people don't want it ruined by gays!

2. I just watched and the band played on...

You know, in the 90's, gays just wanted to be acknowleged as people. Now, they want the sanctity of marriage that straight people have been valuing for thousands of years! What's next?! Them asking everyone to be gay? Really! I am being serious here. What is next?!

3.No reproduction

Many straight married couples have children and further our species! This goes with the most certainty. If you great ancestors were gay, the species would die. there would be no humans. We would be gone!

4. Love has boundaries!

Love is love is what I always hear when I bring up gay marriage to a person who supports gay marriage. We gave them civil unions so they would not need to get married. So maybe, just for once, they would be satisfied and be content. But no! They always want more. What is next? They resemble 1% of the Earth's population! Hopefully, their ideas will die off with this generation.

Love has boundaries. We gave them civil unions! After this, what is next?

zolly1988 forfeited this round.

My opponent has forfeited the debate. Thank you for reading!
Posted by Complicated_Mind 2 years ago
I'm sorry, but Con has NO idea what he is talking about. Not trying to be a d!ck but it's true. I would happily debate this with him if he agrees.
Posted by live_laugh_love 2 years ago
I think zolly1988 is fair and has chosen the right argument
Posted by Ragnar 2 years ago
To be sporting I won't accept this challenge, but your opening statements are very much false. The majority of potential straight marriages, were not always allowed. Society had to evolve to even allow different denominations of the same religion to marry, different races being a nearly modern advancement.
Vote Placed by STALIN 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: ff