Stagasaur
Anyone

Same-sex marriage

Stagasaur

Pro

My views:

I myself believe that everyone should have the right to marry who they feel they should. Despite children, marriage has become more than just reproducing them, and should still be considered a combination of families for more wealth, property, and a bit of companionship.

What is your argument?
Anyone

Con

I see nothing wrong with what you've said, *within its own general terms*.

But, I have a thought experiment. Say there is no one in the world except a father and the mother and their four grown children. Six persons in all. Within these *explicit* parameters, the father may be related to the mother in any way that's possible to imagine. The question, to my mind, is whether it is RIGHT for the mother to be, say, the direct biological daughter of the father.

There are other, similarly suspect, relational scenarios ().

My first question to you is how well the human race can be carried on under ANY but the biologically SAFE relational means? Do you really know what is safe? Mother Nature owns every biological 'casino' there is, and every last penny that has ever gone into, or come out, of them.

My second question to you is intimately connected to the first. I'll ask it in the present post, after mentioning a few things (I hope you won't mind some CAPS, which seem to me much easier to notice that the *asterisked* or _inderlined_ emphasis; I find no italics option here, so I'm just going to go with CAPS)

The wider ecology, upon which each and all of our biologically sustainable well-being depends, is at once non-random and microbially sustained. You might fancy the 'butterfly effect', in which some lone butterfly is imagined to cause a hurricane. But, the weather, the bugs, the plants, and even the Earth's geology, necessarily is conditioned by a variety of biological inputs. And, while life certain rides the water and thermal cycles, the exact behavioral details of those cycles is deeply informed by biological conditions.

OF ALL LIFE ON EARTH, humans alone have the various ecologically and microbially informative powers of lifestyle to make or break sustained hospitable weather, bug, plant, and geological conditions.

On the macroscopic level, and at a self-satisfied glance, the weather and the geology looks indifferent to human lifestyles. But, IF, (I repeat, IF) the lone butterfly is accorded even the most insignificant power over the weather, then, surely, the bulk of humans in a state or nation that live in ANY manner which is non-sustainable have vastly greater effect on JUST THE MICROBIAL input to the weather.

It is, of course, for each of us to determine for our own mind what to believe about ANYTHING, including about any or all of the various sexual relations actually practiced in our own community, state, or nation.

But...to borrow upon something reportedly said by the purported Jesus of Nazareth, we do not live by belief alone, but by every kind of microbe by which ALL the OTHER basic kinds of life forms on Earth live. The fish in the ocean basically no more than the coyotes in every solid place; and, the mosquito no less than the honey bee.

Now, my second question to you, in mind the 'casinos' I mentioned earlier: Do you know the most profound biological game on Earth? And when I say 'know', I mean the RULES of that game? In the wider world, all I have the power to do is watch and wonder, and occasionally post something. Only the first to go for broke is the gender divide in regard to sexual orientation.

That barrier easily is damaged, and the damage even more easily maintained. Genetic gravity works like that.

But, in reply to your initial post, here is my third and final question: do you know EVERY BASIC kind of thing that constitutes genetic (including epigenetic) damage?

Smoking kills, but I can't help wondering what ALL the biology of that lone butterfly knows. I think it's part of the rules to the most profound game in town.

see http://msnvideo.msn.com...
("*Sexual* reproduction prevents extinction")
Stagasaur

Pro

Stagasaur forfeited this round.
Anyone

Con

Anyone forfeited this round.
Stagasaur

Pro

Stagasaur forfeited this round.
Anyone

Con

Anyone forfeited this round.
Stagasaur

Pro

Stagasaur forfeited this round.
Anyone

Con

Anyone forfeited this round.
Stagasaur

Pro

Stagasaur forfeited this round.
Anyone

Con

Anyone forfeited this round.