jlara1
judeifeanyi

Same sex marriage

jlara1

Pro

If we can have freedom to marry any man or women out there then why can't we have same sex marriages. Not everyone is your religion if you were thinking it is against yours. You should be happy with who your with not have to secretly date someone because it is "wrong". I am not gay but I do not people who are. Don't judge someone because of that but just let me know what you think on the matter.
judeifeanyi

Con

I accept the challenge....to start with, let me define the term marriage. Marriage is a legal union between a man and a woman according to free online dictionary..now its not all about religion its all about the society we are into. The society don't want impunity and cannot accept bad and immoral act in the society..source:punch 28may 2013
jlara1

Pro

Let's say that the world was completely different and it was normal to be gay but not normal to be straight but you like a girl anyway would you want everyone hating on you because of it? I think if someone wants to have a marriage to who they love then they should be aloud to. I don't however think they should be aloud to display public "love" ex. Kissing. I think that they should still keep it private because some people might not want to see that. Don't tell someone they can't do something they want to do because they will do it anyway.
judeifeanyi

Con

judeifeanyi forfeited this round.
jlara1

Pro

jlara1 forfeited this round.
judeifeanyi

Con

Its quite petinent to note, that my opponent has just failed even right from the beginning. Based on the premise which my opponent gave, he asked what if the world is normal...which shows he accepted that been a gay is not normal. What are my arguing since my opponent said that same sex marriage is not normal? Indeed, same sex is the worst thing that can happen to anybody.
Immediate Effects
Taxpayers, consumers, and businesses would be forced to subsidize homosexual relationships.
If same-sex marriage were legalized,allemployers, public and private, large or small, would be required to offer spousal benefits to homosexual couples. You, as a taxpayer, consumer, or small business owner, would be forced to bear the expense of subsidizing homosexual relationships-including their higher health care costs.
Schools would teach that homosexual relationships are identical to heterosexual ones.
A lesbian who teaches 8th grade sex education in Massachusetts told NPR that she teaches her children how lesbians use "a sex toy" to have intercourse. If anyone objects, she says, "Give me a break. It's legal now." One father wasjailedafter protesting because his son-akindergartenstudent-was given a book about same-sex couples.
Freedom of conscience and religious liberty would be threatened.
Churches and non-profit organizations could be stripped of their tax exemptions and religious psychologists, social workers, and marriage counselors could be denied licensing if they "discriminate" against homosexuals. Individual believers who disapprove of homosexual relationships may face a choice at work between forfeiting their freedom of speech and being fired.
Long-Term Effects
Fewer people would marry.
In Massachusetts, where same-sex "marriages" began in May 2004, only 52% of same-sex couples who live together had even bothered to "marry" by the end of 2006. Among opposite-sex couples, the comparable figure is 91%. In the Netherlands, the figures are even lower, with only 12% of homosexual couples having entered legal civil "marriages." Giving the option of same-sex "marriage" would tell society that marriage in general is "optional," not normative, and fewer people would marry.
Fewer people would remain monogamous and sexually faithful.
Among homosexual men, sex with multiple partners is tolerated and often expected. One study in the Netherlands showed that homosexual menwith a steady partnerhad an average of eight sexual partners per year. If these behaviors are incorporated into what society affirms as "marriage," then fidelity among heterosexuals would likely decline as well...Birth rates would fall.
Same-sex "marriage" would eliminate the incentive for procreation that is implicit in defining marriage as a male-female union. There is already evidence of at least a correlation between same-sex "marriage" and low birth and fertility rates, both in the U.S. and abroad. While some people still harbor outdated fears about "over-population," demographers now understand that declining birth rates harm society.
Demands for legalization of polygamy would grow.
If a person's choice of spouse cannot be limited based on thesexof one's partner, it is hard to see how it could be limited based on thenumberof spouses either..Fewer people would remain monogamous and sexually faithful.
Among homosexual men, sex with multiple partners is tolerated and often expected. One study in the Netherlands showed that homosexual menwith a steady partnerhad an average of eight sexual partners per year. If these behaviors are incorporated into what society affirms as "marriage," then fidelity among heterosexuals would likely decline as well.
Fewer people would remain married for a lifetime.
Even a homosexual psychologist has acknowledged that "gay and lesbian couples dissolve their relationships more frequently than heterosexual couples." The same Dutch study that showed the high rate of homosexual promiscuity also showed that the average homosexual male "partnership" lasts only 1.5 years. As the transience of homosexual relationships is incorporated in society's image of "marriage," we can expect that fewer heterosexuals would maintain a lifelong commitme..samesex should not be legalized