Same-sex marriages should be accepted by more states

Homosexuality is becoming more common and should be legally accepted into more states. No crime is being done. You are not being forced into homosexuality. If homosexuality was accepted more then I feel as If there would be less kids out there with depression or fear of not being accepted. Instead of telling little kids what sex they'll be with and making them feel as if same-sex relationships are wrong, I believe that children's relationships should be addressed as their significant other.

I accept the debate but homosexuality should not be accepted or legal in states. I am taking the view point that homosexual acts with homosexual marriage are basically one in the same. The fact is that if homosexuality is accepted then it will be forced on schools and religious institutions.

So why should we accept and promote a lifestyle that is extremely risky and detrimental to people's health? For instance, I think I care more about homosexuals by being against it! I care enough about them to say that this lifestyle will decrease their life span, likely get them an STD........

If marriages are between two people that love each other then why does it matter what sex they are. If a boy and girl get married that get cheered for, but if same-sex marriages occur then they get shunned. What happens if you have a child and they said that they liked the same gender that they are? Would you shun them as well? If insurance is a problem then yes I can see homosexuals paying more to help care for themselves. You simply do not care if you aren't willing to allow them to be themselves. How would you feel if your entire life was a lie?

Yes, marriage is a sacred covenant between a man and woman who love each other. So you are ultimately in favor of people just marrying who they love. This means you are in favor of polygamy, or if a 30 year old man and a 16 year old, of any sex, say they are in love they should get married. Once a door is opened for homosexuals you are paving a way for these other things. Then people will start making more exceptions, marrying objects, animals...... and so on. This is because your ultimate argument is who are people to tell someone who or what they love. Hopefully you can see the determent of allowing all of these things but if homosexuality is allow who are you to try and regulate other things on love.

If my child said they liked the same sex, well we would have major discussions about it. Would I shun them, not at all. Would I support their decisions if they pursued homosexuality absolutely not and I would encourage them to not pursue this CHOICE of lifestyle. Why? Because I love and care about my child.

I would argue that I care more by not supporting homosexuals and it is you that do not really care about them. Let me ask if you had a friend that was a drug user would you want them to continue using, even if they loved it, wanted to, said they needed it? A good friend would hopefully not support them but love them and want them to stop. Why? It is terrible for their health. Not to mention drugs are bad for the economy and society. So lets make a connection with facts about homosexuality,

A new study which analyzed tens of thousands of gay obituaries and compared them with AIDS deaths data from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), has shown that the life expectancy for homosexuals is about twenty years shorter than that of the general public.

Please not that smoking decreases life expectancy by 7-10 years (NY Times). However, heavy chain smokers for years can expect to decrease their life expectancy by 20 years.

The following information is research completed by the National Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and other national sources:
- In 2008, men who have sex with men (MSM) accounted for 63% of primary and secondary syphilis cases in the United States. ( The National Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, CDC) (National Aids Trust, NAT)
- MSM are 17 times more likely to develop anal cancer than heterosexual men. (The National CDC and Prevention)
- CDC data released 2010 National STD Prevention Conference:
There are 522 to 989 cases of HIV per 100,000 MSM, compared to 12 cases in other men and 13 cases per 100,000 women. The primary and secondary syphilis rate among MSM is over 46 times higher than the rate among other men, and over 71 times higher than among women
- Rates of HIV infection among gay men and other men who have sex with men (MSM) are more than 44 times higher than rates among heterosexual men and more than 40 times higher than women. (CDC)

A study on childhood and adolescent molestation found rates of homosexual sexual abuse reported by homosexual adults to be almost 7 times higher for homosexual men, and 22 times higher for homosexual women, compared to their heterosexual counterparts. (US National Library of Medicine)

It takes approximately $300,000 to take care of each AIDS victim, so thanks to the promiscuous lifestyle of homosexuals, medical insurance rates have been skyrocketing for all of us.

In conclusion, as a Christian I do not support homosexuality but furthermore I do not support it because of the negative effects it has on people and society.

The main point that got my attention was the sexual abuse. Since I've been sexually abused does that make my rapists gay? How about a male adult in my life for allowing it? That argument is irrelevant because clearly not all sexual abuse comes from homosexuals.

Yes, I do care about homosexuality. I'm personally bisexual and believe that when I find my significant other I will not care what gender they are as long as I can love them and they love me the same in return.

Religion has nothing to do with it. There are many Christians out there who support it, but don't choose that lifestyle. I grew up with a Catholic father and a Baptist mother. I turned out atheist after being taken to church for 10 years. The fact that people claim same-sex as a sin is judging, which is also a sin. Since you're a Christian I can say it like this. Why are you doing ITS job and judging others? If IT knows all, sees all, and determines the future then why do we set goals? Why do we push ourselves to do things? Why are illegal things done? Why are all these "sins" being done? Why was I followed by a car while I was walking by people yelling at me for my skin color? Isn't racism also a "sin"? Why were there slaves? Why do people say the earth is round when it could be flat? Why do people have abortion if other people would gladly raise the child. Why do people starve? Why are kids abused? There are so many questions without answers. Homosexuality isn't a question it is simply who you are. I always knew I was bisexual since I could talk. If a 30 year old and a 16 year old would like to get married then it should just require consent and background checks to ensure no harm will be done to either person. If my friends continue to use drugs I wouldn't tell them to stop. That's THEIR life. No Im not interested in drugs, but that doesn't mean I'm going to force or encourage someone else to change who they are based on my own beliefs.

I am sorry you were abused but the sexual abuse FACTS, RESEARCH and STATS are relevant because no where in the statistics or comment does it say all molesters and rapists are gay.

Ultimately, you have given absolutely no support or evidence why states should accept homosexuality this round. I merely mentioned that I am a Christian and you changed the entire argument to focus on this. I provided no Biblical support, although I could, for why homosexuality is bad. It is you who are bringing Religion into this argument. In fact, my facts still stand that homosexuality present many negatives and little to no positives to people and society. You are changing the entire debate on your argument and if we are going to enter in a spiritual debate about homosexuality we need a separate debate on this all together. But acting on homosexuality is obviously a sin, Christians who do not believe this are not following scripture according to God's Word. Just because Christians recognize something as sin does not mean we are judgmental. But most of all Christians are to strive to be Like Christ, keep in mind Christians are still human making mistakes, even large ones. But to answer you questions it is called FREE CHOICE, God gave us the ability to choose what we wanted to do with our lives, live in constant sin or strive to not to. God did not create robots!

Also, about drugs I care enough about my friends that if they were doing them I would want them to stop and I would do everything in my power to help them and get them help. Sure it is their life but an addiction is not a way to live and I would work to see them changed.

Also, please stop judging me for opposing gay marriage and bisexuality.

In conclusion, you are trying to create a who new debate. Homosexuality is a choice or a result from life experiences. It is not natural or intended to be accepted in society, You provided no support or evidence why states should accept homosexuals while my last argument stands with this one that homosexuality should be unacceptable.
Posted by cwt002 2 years ago
I just noticed on lightingbolt50 comment, how do people like me cause homosexuals STD rates. This is totally illogical.
Posted by cwt002 2 years ago
How is it harder to receive health care? I worked at a hospital and clinic and it did not matter, in fact they could leave some of the answers about their sex life blank. The fact of the matter risk they have higher HIV, which I did not even mention, and STD rates because of the lifestyle and activities involved in homosexuality. Possibly their insurance has been higher which it should be because they are high risk for more diseases. You cannot be angry at facts I will post evidence based on pro's further arguments.
Posted by lightingbolt50 2 years ago
Con, one of the main reasons gay people have higher HIV rates, is because it's much harder for them to get healthcare then heterosexuals, because of discrimination. I hate how people like you yell about their STD rates, when people like you are the cause of it!
Vote Placed by FuzzyCatPotato 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: sources.