TaylorRauen
Usernameis

Same-sex rights.

TaylorRauen

Pro

I don't know why people are so hell bent against same-sex marriages. If two people love each other and are happy, let them be. Some people think of gays as these demon spawns from the underworld but in reality, I have NEVER met a gay who I perceived as even rude. The times I have ran into someone who was gay, they were super nice and friendly. And you know what, if they want to be together and you don't want to see it, walk the away. Is it really that hard? As for saying God hates gays, then why did he create them?
Usernameis

Con

I'm very new to Debate.org, I attempted to argue for same sex rights but it ended up making me argue against it, I don't have any reasons for people of the same gender to not have the same rights as straight men and women, I'm will ask this, how do I drop out?
TaylorRauen

Pro

TaylorRauen forfeited this round.
Usernameis

Con

Usernameis forfeited this round.
TaylorRauen

Pro

TaylorRauen forfeited this round.
Usernameis

Con

Usernameis forfeited this round.
Posted by TaylorRauen 2 years ago
TaylorRauen
Hahaha I've noticed it has.
Posted by vampandaz 2 years ago
vampandaz
i feel like the comments have became the debate xD
Posted by TaylorRauen 2 years ago
TaylorRauen
You know, not everyone has the same literary skills or levels as others. I barely understood a word of that.
Posted by intellectuallyprimitive 2 years ago
intellectuallyprimitive
The preliminaries are absent. Establishing what 'rights' are and also providing more detail regarding 'same-sex' is pivitol prior to this particular discussion. A fundamental understanding of what rights are and the application and practicality of rights should be defined. A conundrum to ponder in addition, is whether or not rights apply to us at all.
Posted by TaylorRauen 2 years ago
TaylorRauen
Even when I've traveled, I've met people that are completely against it. I'm not saying that everyone is but the people who hate it should just turn away! Why not let two people who love each other be capable of what two drunk people in Vegas who just met can do? Why hold one man/woman back from certain things for their sexuality? I hate when they say it's because God hates gays. Then why did he create them?! He loves everybody, no matter what. If he can love straight people who are criminals and forgive them, I think he can love a man/woman for loving another.
Posted by philochristos 2 years ago
philochristos
Oh, I see. Well, I don't think there are any people like that here. I could be wrong, though.
Posted by TaylorRauen 2 years ago
TaylorRauen
Really because everywhere I go there are always people saying gays are an abomination and that they shouldn't be allowed in public. Where I come from, nearly everyone hates gays more than anything. People have jumped my cousin because he's gay. There are so many people in America that don't think they DESERVE any rights.
Posted by philochristos 2 years ago
philochristos
Well, I don't think anybody will take the position that gay people should have NONE of the rights that straight people have. For example, I don't think anybody would say gay people shouldn't have the right to free speech, the right to choose their own religion, the right to due process, etc. Maybe you should narrow the scope of your debate and say in the first round which specific rights you want to debate. After all, if your opponent goes ahead and concedes that gay people should have the right to adopt, but not the right to get married, then the voters will not know how to vote.
Posted by philochristos 2 years ago
philochristos
vampandaz, Obama changed his mind about same sex marriage. He supports it now.
Posted by TaylorRauen 2 years ago
TaylorRauen
Gay rights in general. I think it is unfair that they can't get married, adopt in many states, and in a lot of places, cannot even give blood. Most states won't even let them make medical decisions for their partner. Ans as for vampandaz, I hope you get those rights. It's not civil for people to stop you from getting the same benefits as everyone else.