FPSKorea1
Sdio

Samsung VS. Apple

Sdio
Started: 12/3/2015 Category: Technology

FPSKorea1

Pro

I will be taking Samsung's side of the topic. The contender will take the Apple's side.
Sdio

Con

Apple is the innovator of the technological world. They can be considered the company that brought smartphones into mainstream society. Other companies have essentially piggybacked off of what Apple has done.
FPSKorea1

Pro

First of all, Apple and bunch of other companies copied Samsung's pioneering of the "smartphone" that we know today. The kind that we can download apps, listen to music, browse the internet, make a call, take photos, etc... If you don't believe that, you should believe this. Apple and bunch of other companies, again, copied Samsung's S-Watch. I'm talking about a smartwatch that can listen to music, make a call, email on your watch, etc... After that, Apple and many others used that idea to make their own smart watches. Another flaw in Apple is that Samsung actually makes Apple's processor chips. You can search it up and then you'll find millions of proofs about it.

Second, the quality. I have to admit that Apple's simple design is beautiful and magnificent while keeping it simple, but you can't ignore Samsung too. Samsung uses reinforced plastic, which might sound cheap and low quality, but it's much more scratch and crack resistant than Apple's glass screens. Now, you might be saying, "HA! The new Samsung Galaxy phones use freaking GLASS for the back and the front!!!" Yes, they do, but guess what? Samsung heats up the glass before production to make it more hard and durable and make it sexy at the same time. If you look at many YouTube videos, Samsung's Galaxy s6's glass back and the front is stronger than the iPhone 6's glass!

Third, the performance. Samsung uses dual processors, so Samsung's performance and speed is way faster than iPhone 6's. Not just because it has two processors, but because Samsung's processors always been faster than iPhone's in the past years. Not just that, Samsung has much better camera that the iPhone 6. Samsung Galaxy s6 has a 16-megapixel camera while iPhone 6 has only 8-megapixel camera. Ever since Samsung release the Galaxy s3, Samsung's devices supported 1080p video and photo sizes, while iPhones only had 720p until the iPhone 6+ was released.

That's all what I'm going to say right now, since I have to go somewhere.
Sdio

Con

Apple makes cheap products and marks up the price to maximize profit, while building what can be defined as a cult following. Clearly their marketing strategy is extremely lucrative and is uncontested in the modern era. The iPhone revolutionized the smartphone and brought it into mainstream society. Samsung has never done anything of the sort.

Samsung does make great products but Apple is clearly the better corporation.
FPSKorea1

Pro

"Apple makes cheap products and marks up the price to maximize profit" -I have to agree with that, but did isn't that a bad thing that gives profit only for the Apple company? If they make their product cheap but makes it expensive, they're giving out products that are no better than Samsung's but making the price more than the normal price of a decent smartphone. So if that's true, I have to say that Apple's kind of evil. I have to agree that Apple is lucrative, but I got confused again when you said "The iPhone revolutionized the smartphone...". Umm, what are you talking about? Have you not listened to my previous argument? Ever since the very first smartphone came out from Samsung, Samsung always made the best smartphones in the world! You can watch a YouTube video, a review site, or anywhere comparing the iPhone to a Samsung and you will clearly see that Samsung always had the best specifications. For example, Samsung Galaxy phones supported 1080p contents since the Galaxy s3 came out at May 29, 2012, while Apple phones only supported 720p until the iPhone 6 came out, and not just a normal iPhone 6, you have to have iPhone 6+ to support 1080p. Have you even read what I wrote on my previous argument?
Sdio

Con

In a moral argument, yes that would be a bad thing. But when debating which corporation is better, you have to take into their revenue, marketing strategy, corporate structure, fan base, amongst many other variables. Apple has built a corporation that operates on social pressure and hype. Morally wrong, but a genius marketing strategy that is clearly working for them.

Apple revolutionized the smartphone by essentially setting the standard for what smartphones look and feel like today. The vast majority of the population didn't own a smartphone until the iPhone came out.
Con is debating the superiority of the corporations while taking into account all the listed variables above.
FPSKorea1

Pro

FPSKorea1 forfeited this round.
Sdio

Con

I have left my opponent speechless.
FPSKorea1

Pro

FPSKorea1 forfeited this round.
Sdio

Con

Sdio forfeited this round.
Posted by Themeaman909 1 year ago
Themeaman909
Apple is a bunch of piggish money leechers! Don't buy from them they are exploiting YOU and everyone else! Besides, they make the products seem overrated, and they sure are right about that. I have always been disappointed with there cheesy marketing tactics, and are only focused on making profit. They are rich enough! Can't they just be the good guys...
Posted by chasedoy123456789 1 year ago
chasedoy123456789
fpskorea1 your a A** hole
Posted by tman13155 1 year ago
tman13155
lol on apple all you have to do is hold the home and lock button and it unfreezes.
Posted by GavinLorenz 1 year ago
GavinLorenz
I would fight for Androids a lot because they are good if they freeze up or screw up the best thing to do is take the battery out and put it a in and bam it works like brand new and you can't do that with apple product so apples put more stress on you
Posted by Sdio 1 year ago
Sdio
The products are produced relatively inexpensively. The price is then marked up. 100% of corporations do this. That's how the make money. Apple just successfully takes it to the extreme.
Posted by fire_wings 1 year ago
fire_wings
Cheap does not mean good Con.
Vote Placed by U.n 1 year ago
U.n
FPSKorea1SdioTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro forfeited more turns.