Shaundasheep
Blade-of-Truth

Samsung is better that Apple

Blade-of-Truth
Started: 10/8/2014 Category: Technology

Shaundasheep

Pro

I am ready!
Blade-of-Truth

Con

I accept the debate. Please begin.
Shaundasheep

Pro

Samsung have a better display than Iphone since the the newest product, the s5 have more ppi(pixel per inch) than the iphone 6. The s5 have 432 while iphone 6 only have 326 ppi. Iphone 6 also doesn't have a microsd slot while s5 does.
Blade-of-Truth

Con

I. Stock Value

From March to September this year, Samsung stock went from $1,100 to $1,500 and then back down to $1,100. [1] This is a major loss for many investors in the past 6 months. Apple went from $70 to $100 and is still on the rise.

[1] http://www.marketwatch.com...
[2] http://www.marketwatch.com...

Not only that, but Samsung price for stock is absurd - mostly due to being based in South Korean markets. Samsung div yield is only 0.09% whereas Apple's is 1.87% - massive difference and clear win for Apple.

II. Samsung stole from Apple.

"On May 2, 2014 Samsung was instructed to pay $119.6 million to Apple for smartphone patent violations." Please see link for full details.

[3] http://en.wikipedia.org...

III. This debate is more than just product vs. product

Pro fails to realize that one phone doesn't mean the company as a whole is better. Pro needs to expand his scope in order to win.
Shaundasheep

Pro

Shaundasheep forfeited this round.
Blade-of-Truth

Con

My opponent has forfeited Round 3.

I extend all arguments which remain standing unchallenged.

IV. Samsung contributes more to global waste than Apple.

Samsung’s total shipment volume for the first quarter of the year came to 85 million smartphone units, more than the next four competitors - Apple, Huawei, Lenovo and LG - combined. Do you know what this means? It means that there will be 85,000,000 phones that are all eventually going to end up in the trash, more than the next four competitors combined. That's a major contribution to the global waste epidemic we are facing. How could such an evil ever be considered "better" than someone who is contributing less to that horrible issue.

V. Apple fits better in your pocket.

I don't think anyone will deny that Samsung phones are extremely annoying with smaller pockets. They are large, cumbersome, and cause you to feel uncomfortable in your own clothing.

In conclusion,

My opponent now has five arguments to rebut in order to win this debate.
Shaundasheep

Pro

samsung is better.......lol
Blade-of-Truth

Con

My opponent has failed to provide a single rebuttal.

I, therefore, extend all arguments as they remain standing unchallenged.

In order for Pro to win, he needs to provide rebuttals that defeat each one of my (now) six counter-arguments. Until he does so, the resolution stands negated and I win.

VI. Samsung stole (again) Apple technology and made it worse.

Take a look at this article, specifically #8: http://phandroid.com...

"When Apple introduced the fingerprint scanner in the iPhone 5S, for the most part, it was done well... the Galaxy S5 uses a similar security feature. Only problem is in their implementation, you actually have to slide your finger across the home button, not simply press it... This means every time you go to unlock your phone, you’ll have to use 2 hands to do it."

Two-hands! I ask the audience, isn't that like totally last-year?! I can unlock my iPhone with one-hand, Samsung obviously steals and ruins great things.
Shaundasheep

Pro

Shaundasheep forfeited this round.
Blade-of-Truth

Con

My opponent has forfeited his final round.

I therefore extend all six arguments that remain standing unchallenged.

Since Pro failed to provide rebuttals to any of the challenges I raised, while also failing to maintain his Burden of Proof, the resolution stands negated.

Please vote Con.
Posted by Spartan9876 2 years ago
Spartan9876
LOL. "If you looked at Samsung watch, its basically a copy of Apple's watch." Okay buddy.... okay... Samsung released their first Smart Watch in 1999, however, that being said, the first smart watch they made that resembles Apples smart watch was made in 2009, search up S9110 Watch Phone. However Apple's smart watch is coming out in 2015. There is no way Samsung copied Apple's watch design, in fact, Apple is more or less coming into the smart watch game because everyone else is.

As for the watches, they both suck. But if I had to choose,I would choose the former because I could put Windows 95 on it :D.
Posted by DefineRich 2 years ago
DefineRich
If you looked at Samsung watch, its basically a copy of Apple's watch. Apple stopped production of making their watch but resume once they heard of Samsung. If you see the BBC news review about Samsung's watch there is a lot of criticism and disadvantages. As for Apple's Review there are good comments.
Posted by Blade-of-Truth 2 years ago
Blade-of-Truth
Oh God. This is 5 rounds... I really should check for that before accepting. Oh well. Let's hurry this up Pro.
Posted by Domr 2 years ago
Domr
The two are incomparable.

Now of course, Samsung Electronics is worth more than Apple. By over 40 billion dollars.

But Samsung also does more than Apple. Batteries, semiconductors, chips, and they create hard drives for other electronic companies, such as Apple.

But Apple's stock is worth over 4x the stock of Samsung.

They both have their benefits, but I'm afraid their comparability isn't relevant.
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
ShaundasheepBlade-of-TruthTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture
Vote Placed by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
ShaundasheepBlade-of-TruthTied
Reasons for voting decision: ff, con is only one to use sources