user_name
davidlyhrocks

Sanctity of life should matter more than quality of life.

davidlyhrocks

user_name

Con

Highest respect to opponent, please understand that I challenge you out of the search for a good debate, not to antagonize.

Thank you,

user-name.

davidlyhrocks

Pro

This is a bit of a moral debate and not one based on facts, so I will be bringing religion in this debate. Please keep in mind that I am not forcing any beliefs. I am just trying to tell the world the point of view of people of the other religions.

I believe I am arguing that sanctity of life SHOULD matter more than the quality of life.

Looking forward to a good debate!
Please start the debate with your arguments.

-davidlyhrocks
user_name

Con

I wanted you to beign the arguments...

If life isn't worth living, the value of things to live in the firs tplace is rendered useless.

If life is worth living, only then should we consider the sanctity of life.
davidlyhrocks

Pro

"If life isn"t worth living, the value of things to live in the first place is rendered useless."

By "Life isn"t worth living", I"m guessing that user_name means that life with a terminal disease is pointless and should be subject to euthanasia, or the act of mercy killing. Cases where people are diagnosed with terminal diseases and ask for euthanasia happen. Some just decide to suicide by themselves. Either way, when euthanasia is denied, many people start to think that this is a way for the government to torture people by keeping them alive. This is not the case. Laws against euthanasia are there to prevent abuse of this right. "Why worry about anything when we have euthanasia?" is the type of mindset that nobody in the world should have. This thought that assisted suicide is also a legal and moral choice is not a temptation people should have to suffer under.

Every single life has a chance to flourish and become great, no matter what the situation the life is placed in. Every one of those lives deserves a chance to change the world or make the world a better place than the state of the world when they were born with.

In terms of Christianity, life itself is a gift. The Christian bible states that life is a privilege. In the Christian point of view, lives are gifted by God to each and every person. Murder is against the ten commandments of the bible, a series of laws set by God.

As for Buddhism, many Buddhists believe that life is an opportunity for enlightenment. No matter what situation one is in, life cannot be ended until enlightenment is reached. Suicide or any form of suicide will taint the next life"s karma.
user_name

Con

user_name forfeited this round.
davidlyhrocks

Pro

davidlyhrocks forfeited this round.
user_name

Con

user_name forfeited this round.
davidlyhrocks

Pro

davidlyhrocks forfeited this round.
Vote Placed by Imperfiect 2 years ago
Imperfiect
user_namedavidlyhrocksTied