TheFurryOat
1Alyssa

Sanity & Happiness

TheFurryOat

Pro

It was said by Mark Twain that sanity and happiness are an impossible combination, this gives the thought that if this were true then the most insane person would also be the happiest. This makes sense when looked at from the perspective of geniuses in past ages.

I welcome anyone to this debate, the topic will cover how this is true or false, why this is true or false and whether or not it is correct or incorrect.
1Alyssa

Con

While it is true that knowledge/sanity, like money, can be used as a powerful weapon to potentially harm a person, it does not always drive people to unhappiness. Saying so is as if saying money always leads to unhappiness. Is that always the case? Of course not. Sanity/knowledge is a like a tool that can either harm us or help us depending on how we approach it.
Humans have both the gift and curse of curiosity and hunger for knowledge, that is what made us great. Many would also argue that learning something new or being able to understand the world around us is a satisfying process. It is within our nature.
IT it also wrong to assume that insane persons are happier then sane ones. Perhaps on the outside an insane person may appear immune to practical problems and therefore happier, however, do realize that a lot of what would be normally categorized as "insane" people( schizophrenic patients)live under a constant fear of an imaginary situation.
TheFurryOat

Pro

TheFurryOat forfeited this round.
1Alyssa

Con

1Alyssa forfeited this round.
TheFurryOat

Pro

TheFurryOat forfeited this round.
1Alyssa

Con

1Alyssa forfeited this round.
TheFurryOat

Pro

TheFurryOat forfeited this round.
1Alyssa

Con

1Alyssa forfeited this round.
Posted by TheFurryOat 3 years ago
TheFurryOat
I am sorry for missing the second round, I will work to be more punctual with my postings.
Posted by TheFurryOat 3 years ago
TheFurryOat
@1Alyssa, have I met you somewhere outside of this website before? Your style of thought seems familiar.