HOBOES
toamatt26

Santa Claus exists

toamatt26

HOBOES

Con

Santa claus does NOT exist

I look forward to a good debate
toamatt26

Pro

I accept, and affirm the resolution resolved : Santa Claus exists.

I thank my opponent for making a debate that is relevant to the Christmas/New Years celebrations which is occurring in the near future. Please state your argument.
HOBOES

Con

I really looked forward to your arguments first, but whatever.

(1)Religous reasons
Why do santa claus only appears to christanity? Even so, does santa claus known or written in the bible? No, because santa claus is a make belief to the christianity when Jesus was born.

(2)Population
There are 2 billion children in the world.(persons under age 18) But since Santa doesn't (appears) to other religons from christianity, that reduces to 15% of the total- 378 million children.At an average rate of houses, that's 91.8 million homes.
Santa claus seems to go down the chimmney so he have to stop at the houses.So that has to be 822.6 VISITS PEr SECOND
Now that is impossible.So on, that means santa's "Raindeers" have to carry Fat santa claus and the presents and move at 650 miles Per SECOND that's 3000 times the speed of time. AS you see, This is impossiple.

Now I explained my argument and if you are gonna say MAGIC, I will not look forward to a good debate.

sources http://www.tik.ee.ethz.ch...
toamatt26

Pro

My opponent does not seem to define the name. Who or what is Santa Claus?

Due to this, this is a very easy and simple argument for me to pursue.

Santa Claus can be:
a person
a drawing
an object
a motivation
etc..

Reasons...

A person
.

Though I will not offer any proof of this, there is an extreme likelihood that 1 in roughly 7 billion people is named Santa Claus. With that said, the secret Santa, literally, would be in existence. Any one person named Santa Claus at birth, or legally changed name, would be able to call themselves Santa Claus and be existent. My opponent did not provide a definition.

A drawing.

On January 1, 1881, Thomas Nast created the drawing and sketch. "Merry Old Santa Claus." By taking out the adjective "Merry Old," the drawing would be left with just "Santa Claus." Once again since my opponent did not state what Santa Claus actually is, I can infer that he would accept a drawing as a
Santa Claus. And yes indeed the drawing does exist so therefore Santa Claus exists.

Thomas Nast : "Merry Old Santa Claus" (January 1, 1881) [1]^^^

An object.

Santa Claus can also be an object.

Santa Claus statue [2] ^^^

A motivation

Santa Claus is also a motivation for young children. "He's making a list, Checking it twice; Gonna find out who's naughty or nice. Santa Claus is coming to town" [3] This renowned song motivates young children to be "nice" throughout the year to ensure that they get gifts during Christmas. "Santa Claus is coming to town" shows that at the time of Christmas, when Santa gives out gifts, the children will be rewarded if they were good throughout the year.

I am truly sorry for my opponent's inefficiency to write what the definition of Santa Claus. That is an unfortunate mistake. I hope he will post a decent argument next round. I will refute what my opponent did write next round.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org...
[2] http://www.eventprophire.com...
[3] http://www.azlyrics.com...
HOBOES

Con

I am sorry for not defining the definition, but I'm sure when you look at my first argument, you can define santa claus your own.

Now I will wish to look forward to your rebuttals of my first argument.

Thank you
toamatt26

Pro

There is not much to refute, other than the grammatical errors. My opponent stated he would like me to provide my own definition of Santa Claus.

Santa Claus: Anything that has relevence or is named Santa Claus. Including any form of art, any person, any belief or any object.

That will make things easy. I look forward to my opponents use of this definition.
HOBOES

Con

I don't really see this as a debate since my opponent is hanging around not answering his/her's argument and not doing my rebuttals........

Anyways Vote Con!
toamatt26

Pro

"I don't really see this as a debate since my opponent is hanging around not answering his/her's argument "

That is what Round 2 is for.

"his/her's argument and not doing my rebuttals........ "

Your arguments were a copy and paste from another cite. There was no need to refute it.

My opponent did not state any valuable arguments and did not provide a definition for Santa Claus, so therefore, vote Pro
Posted by Gohan12345 2 years ago
Gohan12345
Itsblike con plagiarized
Posted by TorqueDork 2 years ago
TorqueDork
It annoys me when people make debates that you can't refute without trolling
Posted by HOBOES 2 years ago
HOBOES
I believe you misapprehended what I argued. What I am saying is that Santa is not a real person in general.
And the YouTube video (KRAMPUS?!!!) is irrelevant to this topic.
Posted by Josh_b 2 years ago
Josh_b
i'm already in favor of pro. Con believes that santa doesn't appear in other religions besides Christianity. His argument is flawed. Even if santa doesn't exist, it is irrelevant to particular religious institution.
https://www.youtube.com...
Vote Placed by Gohan12345 2 years ago
Gohan12345
HOBOEStoamatt26Tied
Reasons for voting decision: pro was so good he got me convinced and he also stated reasons and argument. Con looked like he plagiarized so points
Vote Placed by Greematthew 2 years ago
Greematthew
HOBOEStoamatt26Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro provided reasonable explanations as to why Santa Claus exists, while Con complained and did not accurately explain what or who Santa is.
Vote Placed by Josh_b 2 years ago
Josh_b
HOBOEStoamatt26Tied
Reasons for voting decision: pro's argument was easy to read, didn't go off topic, didn't complain and presented a good argument that proved Santa Claus exists as he believes him to be according the limits set by con. Pro even showed pictures of something called Santa Claus that further evidenced existence in various forms.
Vote Placed by debatinghoe123 2 years ago
debatinghoe123
HOBOEStoamatt26Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro provided better information and Con did not do a round 3. Pro definetly won this debate.