AtheistPerson
Wylted

Santa Claus is not Real

Wylted

AtheistPerson

Pro

First round is acceptance.

No new arguments in the final round.

Good Luck.
Wylted

Con

I'm pretty sure there is historical evidence for Santa clause. I'll use this round for acceptance and await my opponent's arguments.
AtheistPerson

Pro

AtheistPerson forfeited this round.
Wylted

Con

I hope pro is okay and will return to finish the debate. Moving on....
AtheistPerson

Pro

Sincerely sorry about the forfeit, I thought this was my final day. Anyways, let me make my points

1. Santa Claus could not possibly make it to every single house in one night if he was real. There are more than a hundred million houses that are "welcoming Santa" in just the US. He would have to hit every house in 1/1000 of a millisecond and travel over a million miles per hour. Traveling that speed would cause him to bend and change shape which would also cause him to die.

http://www.quora.com...
http://www.washingtontimes.com...

2. Let's face it; he would die of EXTREME blood sugar. Millions of cookies are put out every single night for him and after the first few, he would die.

3. There has never been any documented proof of Santa Claus.

4. I find it ironic that a kid receives presents based on how wealthy his/her family is. For example, poor children usually get nothing "from Santa Claus," while rich kids get everything they could possibly imagine.

5. If you want to find a short way to discover Santa is not real yourself, you could check your parents gift cards and/or credit cards. Weird how it went down $300 dollars in one day huh?

6. Another way is to check Norad Santa Tracker. This helps disprove Santa Claus even more. Check the website and it will show where Santa is in the whole world

7. Contradicts other religions and religious holidays.

I swear if you answer back "Santa is magic and can do all these things with magic" I will flip out.

Good Luck to you :)
Wylted

Con

Saint Nicholas was in fact a real person and over a lot of time, mistranslations and mispronunciation a of his name got people to start pronouncing it Santa Claus.

CloseJones, Charles W. (1978). Saint Nikolaos of Myra, Bari, and Manhattan: Biography of a Legend. University of Chicago Press.

Santa Clause was born March 15, 270 and lived to December 6, 343.

http://www.roca.org...

Santa Clause was a Bishop in now what is known as Turkey.

loyd, John; Mitchinson, John (December 2008). The book of general ignorance (Noticeably stouter edition). Faber and Faber. p. 318.

Saint Nicholas had a reputation for secret gift giving. He would put coins in shoes people left out.

Carus, Louise (1 October 2002). The Real St. Nicholas. Quest Books. p. 2.

A tradition started as a result of this on the 6th of every December.

Louise 2002, p.2

This is what later on got combined with a few other celebrations from different cultures and turned into Christmas. Where a modern day myth of Santa Clause grew out of.
AtheistPerson

Pro

Sorry, but I didn't say "Saint Nick." I said Santa Claus.

Sorry about this misunderstanding but I don't really think it was my fault because I didn't say "Saint Nick."

I'm not sure what should happen to this debate. I think nobody should vote.
Wylted

Con

Saint Nick is Santa Clause, the word just got distorted over time. The word Santa Clause actually comes from the dutch word Sinterklaas which is what the Dutch called Saint Nicholas. http://en.wikipedia.org...

I understood precisely who my opponent was referring to and have proven Santa Clause is a real historical figure.
Posted by Wylted 2 years ago
Wylted
Did you know that Saint Nick and Santa clause are just 2 names used by the same person? Like eminent and slim shady?
Posted by AtheistPerson 2 years ago
AtheistPerson
No I shouldn't have because I know that a man named Saint Nick really lived.
Posted by Wylted 2 years ago
Wylted
No don't discard it, please. He should have tried to disprove the historical snat
Posted by Commondebator 2 years ago
Commondebator
If both sides agree, Ill discard my vote
Posted by Commondebator 2 years ago
Commondebator
-Santa clause=Saint Nicholas
-Saint Nicholas was real
-Therefore santa was real
-Santa can also be any guy that delivered presents
Posted by Wylted 2 years ago
Wylted
Lol, kids.
Posted by Envisage 2 years ago
Envisage
I am actually Con on this issue... For real.
Posted by Wylted 2 years ago
Wylted
Lol, I have. He was a very interesting figure. More of a bad asss than the lovable figure he is painted as now.
Posted by DarthVitiosus 2 years ago
DarthVitiosus
Someone didn't do their homework........
Posted by Benshapiro 2 years ago
Benshapiro
Define what you mean by Santa claus.
Vote Placed by Blade-of-Truth 2 years ago
Blade-of-Truth
AtheistPersonWyltedTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct - Con. Pro forfeited a round which is rarely acceptable conduct in any debate setting. S&G - Tie. Both had adequate spelling and grammar. Arguments - Con. Unfortunately, Pro dropped a majority of the arguments raised by Con in the final round. Pro needed to overcome the challenges presented by Con and failed to do so, for this, Con wins arguments. Sources - Tie. Both had multiple sources, and neither really outshines the other, thus this remains a tie.
Vote Placed by Commondebator 2 years ago
Commondebator
AtheistPersonWyltedTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro eventually conceded, and he did not clarify in the resolution that we are not talking about saint Nicholas. Therefore, you can assume that santa is actually saint Nicholas, and pro could not argue against. Conduct goes to con for the ff