Valkrin
Hybrid_Chaos

Santa Exists

Valkrin

Valkrin

Pro

Alright, the BoP is on me, as I have to prove that Santa exists, while Con has to disprove it.
The debate is to prove that Santa exists.
Another debate between a friend and I :P

Rules:
10,000 characters.
72 hours to argue.
No offensive content.

Alright, good luck.
Hybrid_Chaos

Con

Santa is not real, there has never been any proof of him existing, and parents eventually told their kids it was them buying presents, HE AINT REAL MKAAAAY
Valkrin

Pro

The physical being of Santa itself does not exist on the physical plane, I admit to that. However, it is not out of the question that Santa exists as an IDEA.

Many days children have tried to find "Santa" bringing them presents. Santa is commonly sold in stores. Santa is in malls, asking little kids what they want for Christmas. There is even a simulator to see that "Santa" is travelling the globe, giving out presents.

The above examples either take on a physical form, or a digital form/idea. If Santa does not exists, then how can one feel excited about Santa bringing them gifts? How can one imagine of something that doesn't exist? Everything that has ever been though of, seen, or created, exists. It's simply some take on a physical form while others in the form of an idea.

Awaiting refutation.
Hybrid_Chaos

Con

Hybrid_Chaos forfeited this round.
Valkrin

Pro

Extend all arguments.
Hybrid_Chaos

Con

Hybrid_Chaos forfeited this round.
Valkrin

Pro

Another extend.
Hybrid_Chaos

Con

Hybrid_Chaos forfeited this round.
Posted by keri 2 years ago
keri
santa is not real
Posted by keri 2 years ago
keri
santa is not real
Posted by Valkrin 2 years ago
Valkrin
I thank you for trying to help me out, but you're wrong.
V stated that "Ideas are bulletproof".
While ideas do exist, in this context he's stating that ideas cannot be killed, which is true. However it provides little to no meaning in a debate such as this.
Again, thanks :P
Posted by TheChristian 2 years ago
TheChristian
Which will indicate the existence of ideas
Posted by TheChristian 2 years ago
TheChristian
Dudes, he exists-look up YouTube-V for Vendetta death scene Creedy
Posted by ScarletAtheist 2 years ago
ScarletAtheist
Wrong! You have to prove your claim as it is the assertion in the debate!
Posted by Valkrin 2 years ago
Valkrin
@ScarletAtheist Oh, I understand now. Thanks for clearing it up. :)
But if Con doesn't refute with that example in mind, then he has not refuted my idea argument, and thus cannot win the debate.
If he does I guess it's game over for me. :P
Posted by ScarletAtheist 2 years ago
ScarletAtheist
I apologize if this sounds rude, but Valkrin, you don't make sense!

You said in the beginning of the debate the burden of proof is on you to prove Santa Claus exists, which is true. Then you say your opponent needs to disprove Santa: WRONG!

And like I said to begin with, their is only one plane of existence: something either exists or it doesn't. Something and the idea of something are different, and that is why I used the iPhone example.

Someone trying to prove the existence of something cannot say, "because this something is an idea, it must exist." It simply doesn't work like that. If it did, every idea of something would mean the existence of that something. This would create contradictions, which could not possibly exist.

Hopefully I explained this to you, but if I didn't, let me just say one more thing. X equals X. X does NOT equal the idea of X. This is the Law of Identity, and is one of the fundamental, if not the most fundamental concept of existence. There is one plane of existence. Ideas of something and that something are not the same.

ScarletAtheist
Posted by Valkrin 2 years ago
Valkrin
Well, the whole goal of this debate is for Con to disprove Santa exists.
His goal would be to disprove the idea of Santa exists.
I never specified which plane this would be in, and I openly admitted Santa does not exist in the physical plane.
The iPhone itself wasn't made yet, but it WAS at the same time: formulated in Jobs' mind. The idea of the iPhone existed.
The idea of Santa exists. Therefore, Santa exists.
And I never stated ideas and physicality were the only two forms of existence. Those were merely two.
Posted by ScarletAtheist 2 years ago
ScarletAtheist
By the way, Valkrin, how have you discerned that physical manifestations and ideas are the only two things that exist? And aren't ideas physical, electric impulses in your brain? Honestly, give a good argument, please.
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
ValkrinHybrid_ChaosTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture