Dragonmaster394
WCBC15

Santa is real for those who believe?

Dragonmaster394

Pro

I am for this argument because if you believe in a religion you think its real so people who think Santa is real shouldn't be told otherwise. A fact doesn't make a reality, its your perceptions that makes your reality.
WCBC15

Con

St. Nicholas just like Jesus, Buddha, or Muhammad were actual historical figures. We have testimony of where St. nicholas lived, worked, and how he came to be known as such a great man. This information is well known facts. If you're trying to make a point of whether the supernatural claims are true or not you have to look deeper into eyewitness report of whether they are true or beyond reasonable doubt. For example, while St. Nicholas was alive in the 3rd century no one ever claimed that he lived in the North Pole and delivered presents to kids on magic reindeer. That idea came about in the 1820's. While some religious figures had eyewitness's see them perform supernatural things.

You can't say fact isn't real then make a "factual claim"
Dragonmaster394

Pro

Dragonmaster394 forfeited this round.
WCBC15

Con

WCBC15 forfeited this round.
Dragonmaster394

Pro

Dragonmaster394 forfeited this round.
WCBC15

Con

waiting for rebuttal.
Dragonmaster394

Pro

Dragonmaster394 forfeited this round.
WCBC15

Con

WCBC15 forfeited this round.
Posted by NikolaGustav 1 year ago
NikolaGustav
St. Nicholas was a real person whether you believe in him or not.
Posted by canis 1 year ago
canis
I have been Santa for 5 years now..Believe it or not...Some kids still do think I am "the real thing"...
Posted by mvig 1 year ago
mvig
LOL are you serious?

I agree 100% with Zac. A fact does make reality bud.
Posted by canis 1 year ago
canis
Yes...And to those who do not believe...
Posted by ZacGraphics 1 year ago
ZacGraphics
You lost me at "a fact doesn't make a reality, a perception does". So, if I believed that the sky was always green, that makes it a reality? That's what I'm picking up. For the Santa argument, that's just silly. It's a known fact that Santa isn't an actual historical figure, but just a figure of imagination. However, a religious character for example, Jesus, was an actual historical figure. Same for other religious figures such as Siddhartha Gautama for Buddhism.