Rockylightning
edudffossip

Sarah Palin Would Be A Good President (2012 election)

Rockylightning

Rockylightning

Con

Resolved that Sarah Palin would be a good president if she won the 2012 election. I am against this motion.
edudffossip

Pro

Sarah Palin would make a great President. She would be breaking barriers such as first female President, one of the youngest to serve the country. Palin has already broken barriers, she was the youngest and the first female to govern the state of Alaska. Before that she was on the Wasilla, Alaska's city council and ran for mayor for 4 years. As it is Alaska's economy is going great compared to a lot of the other states, proof Palin does know what she is doing and can run a state, even the whole country. There are always qualities presidents should have. Some of these qualities are leadership skills, generous, logical, intelligent, they should also be mentally strong. Palin is a great contender for President, she is Republican though the last Republican President wasn't a very good one getting the lowest ratings in history. Palin would then break more barriers and possibly be able to clear the Republicans name a little and make them seem a lot less demonized.
Rockylightning

Con

To refute my opponent's points:

1) Yes Palin would break barriers by being the first female president etc. but that dosn't mean that she would be a good president! We could be saying a few years after her presency "The first woman president, who lead the country into years of hardship" That point is down.
2) Sarah palin does not have these leadership skills as I will show in my points.
--------

1. She's uneducated and not logical.
Sarah Palin doesn't believe in evolution and thinks that creationism should be taught in every classroom. She has said she does not believe in global warming and wants to take polar bears off the endangered species list because she assumes that they are fine because the polar ice caps are, in her mind, not melting.
She is currently under investigation for abuse of power after trying to get her sisters ex husband fired after a bad divorce.
She was once asked if she was angered by the addition of "under god" to the pledge of allegiance and her response was "if its good enough for the founding fathers, its good enough for me", which might seem like a decent answer until you realize that the pledge of allegiance was written by a socialist named Bellamy about 100 years after the founding fathers founded anything and it wasn't until the cold war that "under god" was added.
she wants to drill for oil in alaska and stands for the aerial slaughter of wolves and bears in the wild.
prior to her candidacy she announced that she did not think the idea of her being the vice president is realistic.
after her candidacy was announced she announced she didn't know what a vice president does from day to day and also didn't know what john mccains stance on the war was because, as she said, she doesn't pay attention to iraq. (keep in mind her own son is being sent to iraq)
2. She has little experience
Besides the fact that she only governed a town with less people than are in my school district, she has NO political experience, she became mayor because there was no one else to run against, pretty much and became Governor because she was Mayor. That's not very much experience.
edudffossip

Pro

You are right she does not believe in Evolution, but Evolution has yet to be proved. Evolution is still a theological matter. If Evolution had been proved the the followers of Christ would almost be depleted, because
in the Bible ; Genesis 2;26 it says (direct quote) "So God created man in His own image;" The whole theory behind evolution states that we started out as some sort of simian (In layman's terms) and slowly evolved into what we are now. God isn't ever depicted as an apelike creature. So your point on trying to make it seem like disbelief in evolution is a bad thing..... while on the other hand it hasn't been completely proved. Now why you would blindly trust and unresolved theory well that's beyond me and off topic. Whats wrong with creationism? It's a valid topic while you may not believe in this theory 90% of the population believes in some form of a higher power. Even if you don't think creationism is a real pressing issue why would you not want to learn about it? If 90% of society believes in a higher power and they learn and are educated in creationism, you are now ignorant of a well known topic. You have a problem with drilling oil, well that boosts the economy greatly. Why would you want to stop off shore drilling when people rely so much on it the end results product? Not to mention the recession the United States is in right now boosting the economy might not be a bad idea. If you were to make drilling oil obsolete or abolish this practice you would just be putting many people out of jobs. Your comment " She has little experience
Besides the fact that she only governed a town with less people than are in my school district, she has NO political experience, she became mayor because there was no one else to run against, pretty much and became Governor because she was Mayor. That's not very much experience. " When I read that the first thought that came to my mind was you have just contradicted yourself. The very beginning of your 2nd point you go onto saying she has little experience then you say "she has NO political experience". I'm baffled when you earlier you talked about her having been governor. A rebuttal to your text above "Besides the fact that she only governed a town with less people than are in my school district". I hope you do know she has governed the whole state of Alaska with a population of 698,473 (since July 2009) and as we all know populations are increasing. A school district with a population over six hundred thousand is a little hard to believe.

Before this continues anymore I would like you to know that I am in total agreement with your siding of this topic, I took this debate as a challenge to better my skills, and try to defend a point of view that I don't agree with.
Rockylightning

Con

1. The debate is not about evolution, I'm sorry I brought that up but it was to prove the point that she wants creationism. But evolution vs. creationism is a completely different topic.
2. Drilling oil boost the economy and drains the earth, the earth is our mother, do we want to abuse our mother? NO!
3. Here's the thing, offshore drilling contributes to climate change, whether you believe in that or not is a different subject, but as I stated before, drilling for oil in Alaska isn't exactly stopping climate change.
4. yeah sure, how many people in the oil industry will be put out of jobs? No evidence on that. Also it would be extremely easy to draft them into solar panel building factories or alternative energy factories. That's not hard is it?
5. //I hope you do know she has governed the whole state of Alaska with a population of 698,473//. I said A TOWN!!! NOT A STATE!!! If you had read my argument more closely, you would've notice that I was commenting on the TOWN!!!

======Now to restate my points

She's uneducated and not logical.
2. She has little experience

VOTE CON
edudffossip

Pro

No you need to review what I said more closely. I know you were talking about a "TOWN!!!" But you also said "Besides the fact that she only governed a town with less people than are in my school district". Which isn't true because she hasn't "only governed a town". I see you put a lot of effort into the third round by copying and pasting what you said in the second round which accounts for most of what you said, that's not very creative. But you have given me a great opportunity to suggest more valid points, that you won't be able to rebuttal. To back up what I said earlier about how she fits the profile to be a great leader thus the future President.

1. Sarah Palin's Generosity- In the 2008 fall campaign for Presidency she was noted for designer clothing critics were saying she was spending money frivolously on this. Well after the campaign was over she donated all of that clothing to organizations like Goodwill.

2. Where is Sarah Palin's logic you may ask?- She may not have been realized for being sharp or astute, but I'm here to disprove that with ease. First off someone that can break barriers and obtain a powerful political career, has to have some brains, there's no screwing anyone to get that job. To be able to obtain this power you need to have followers. There are only a handful of Political careers in the United States, so having a population of over three-hundred million people really does limit your chances on obtaining this power. Barring that Palin has beat out some of these people and has support from some of them should be recognized as remarkable.

3. Sarah's Leadership- I don't think I need to go over her leadership very much, but if you're still a little rocky on this she has been a member of city council; run art of Alaska as mayor; run Alaska as governor; and was a Vice President candidate in the election of 2008.

4. Intelligence- well I'm a little confident that I don't need to worry about this aspect. Considering my "formidable" opponent thought it would be smart to echo his points only by copying and pasting for the final round.

A VOTE FOR PRO IS ONE LESS VOTE FOR CON (SOMEONE WHO THINKS COPYING AND PASTING FOR THE FINAL ROUND IS APPROPRIATE) BTW EVEN IF YOU DON'T COMPLETELY AGREE WITH MY STANDING POINT PUT YOURSELF IN MY SHOES DEFENDING PALIN OR MAKING HER SEEM GREAT IS HARD WORK, UNDERSTAND I'M NOT A PALIN SUPPORTER. VOTE ON WHO MADE MORE VALID POINTS DON'T VOTE LET " WELL I WAS RAISED AS A DEMOCRAT" CLOUD YOUR JUDGMENT.
Posted by Ninjahitachi 6 years ago
Ninjahitachi
I would just like to say I believe edudffossip's debate was amazing, and that many people probably voted straight for con without really caring for the debate. If this was a real public forum debate at a competition I believe edudffossip would've won hands done ,though I myself believe Sarah palin to make a horrible president, but when in a debate you must believe that the speaker's words are truth, and therefore must push past experiences aside.
Posted by RoyLatham 6 years ago
RoyLatham
Jflooo, Palin received a "Bachelor of Science degree in communications-journalism from the University of Idaho in 1987, where she also minored in political science." - answers.com

The last president not to have a college degree was Harry Truman. Washington and Lincoln were among the early presidents without degrees.
Posted by Rockylightning 6 years ago
Rockylightning
It looks like edudffossip is the new resident votebomber, thanks for taking my position!
Posted by Jflooo 6 years ago
Jflooo
ha
she would not be a good president for the 2012 election, she is uneducated.
Posted by RoyLatham 6 years ago
RoyLatham
I think Palin would probably make a good president, because she has solid administrative experience and most important, because she is not so overwhelmed by her own brilliance as to reject advice and compromise. Lack of administrative experience and terminal narcissism have been Obama's undoing. Palin wouldn't be my first choice, but it would be an improvement.

The debate here was weak on both sides. References, especially Palin quotes, would have helped both sides. The claim that Palin has no experience was obviously false.
Posted by edudffossip 6 years ago
edudffossip
And you still haven't voted..............
Posted by edudffossip 6 years ago
edudffossip
dude understand i dont suppport her. I was trying to make it challenging for me it's hard work defending her cause she wouldn't make a good prez lol
Posted by wjmelements 6 years ago
wjmelements
You said a good president must be logical and intelligent, and yet you think she would be a good president.
Posted by edudffossip 6 years ago
edudffossip
wtf r u taking abt?
Posted by wjmelements 6 years ago
wjmelements
"There are always qualities presidents should have. Some of these qualities are... logical [sic], intelligent [sic],"

Way to negate your own resolution.
Vote Placed by Rockylightning 6 years ago
Rockylightning
RockylightningedudffossipTied
Vote Placed by PuneRider 6 years ago
PuneRider
RockylightningedudffossipTied
Vote Placed by XStrikeX 6 years ago
XStrikeX
RockylightningedudffossipTied
Vote Placed by Jflooo 6 years ago
Jflooo
RockylightningedudffossipTied
Vote Placed by DylanFromSC 6 years ago
DylanFromSC
RockylightningedudffossipTied
Vote Placed by RoyLatham 6 years ago
RoyLatham
RockylightningedudffossipTied
Vote Placed by cult-logic 6 years ago
cult-logic
RockylightningedudffossipTied
Vote Placed by stina2bina 6 years ago
stina2bina
RockylightningedudffossipTied
Vote Placed by Awed 6 years ago
Awed
RockylightningedudffossipTied
Vote Placed by Grape 6 years ago
Grape
RockylightningedudffossipTied