Sitara
PatriotPerson

Sarah Palin is more loyal to conservative values than Mitt Romney.

PatriotPerson

Sitara

Pro

I mean come on. Mitt Romney is a centrist, not a conservative. Back in the day when I was a conservative, I would have jumped off a bridge before voting for him. I respect conservatives who are loyal to their values. If I was a conservative, I would have voted for Sarah Palin because she is a more affective conservative leader, now bring it! ;)
PatriotPerson

Con

Even though I am involved in a bunch of debates and might not have the time to argue since the time is only 24 hours, I will take this. I would like for you to prove that Mitt Romney is a centrist, and if you can, change the time limit to respond.
Sitara

Pro

http://www.ontheissues.org... From a first glance, Sarah Palin seems much stricter on abortion and emergency contraception than Mitt Romney, making her more conservative in that respect. Let's see, Mitt Romney: Personally against abortion, but pro-choice as governor. (Mar 2002). Free trade: http://www.ontheissues.org..., welfare and poverty: http://www.ontheissues.org..., and let's not forget that Romneycare inspired Obamacare. Sarah Palin would not go for that.
PatriotPerson

Con

The stance on abortion amongst conservatives (republicans) as according to: http://www.diffen.com... is that most Republicans are against abortion but some may disagree and be pro for that. So, even if one is pro-choice, they can still lean more conservatively. Also, you bring up Romney being pro-choice as governor. Mitt Romney quit being a governor back in 2007. Thus, it has been six years since he was a governor. http://en.wikipedia.org.... Six years is a long time, and during that time, people can change their political beliefs, and Mitt Romney has. From http://en.wikipedia.org..., Mitt Romney told the Boston Globe, "I am pro-life. I believe that abortion is the wrong choice except in cases of incest, rape, and to save the life of the mother. I wish the people of America agreed, and that the laws of our nation could reflect that view. But while the nation remains so divided over abortion, I believe that the states, through the democratic process, should determine their own abortion laws and not have them dictated by judicial mandate." This is the same view on abortion as most conservatives.

Conservatives support and promote free trade, and Mitt Romney has said, "I love free trade".

Conservatives want to move welfare recipients off the welfare rolls, and Romney has agreed with that and still does. From a previously mentioned source, Mitt Romney wants welfare recipients to move more towards work.

About Romneycare and Obamacare, neither of them inspired the other. It was just a political coincidence, or a party agreement.
Sitara

Pro

So many conservatives seemed so unhappy to quote "have to vote for Mitt Romney".
PatriotPerson

Con

I must say that was a waste of an argument. And actually, Mitt and Paul got more electoral votes than John and Sarah did. Romney/Ryan got 206 electoral votes and 60,933,500 popular votes. McCain/Palin got 173 electoral votes and 59,948,323 popular votes.

So, with a 33 point difference in electoral votes, and a 985,177 difference in popular votes, I think it's safe to say that people felt safer voting for Romney than they did for McCain and Palin.
Sitara

Pro

How very disrespectful. I am sharing my opinion on a god damn opinion site. I used to be friends with lot of conservatives, and they were all s h i t t i n g bricks about having to vote for him.
PatriotPerson

Con

Could you please tell me how that was disrespectful? Your last rebuttal was a waste of an argument because it was simply your opinion or speaking out for simply people YOU know.
You do not share your opinion. You share your opinions on, you know, the OPINIONS section. Or maybe the forums. Sure, you may have had friends who were unhappy about "having" to vote for Romney, but that doesn't compare so well for reasoning of the conservatives in the full COUNTRY.
Vote Placed by sweetbreeze 3 years ago
sweetbreeze
SitaraPatriotPersonTied
Reasons for voting decision: While Pro didn't argue, he gets the points for sources. Conduct goes to Con.
Vote Placed by leojm 3 years ago
leojm
SitaraPatriotPersonTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con just had it. Pro you kind of lost it there, what happened? You were on a great path then something happened.
Vote Placed by funwiththoughts 3 years ago
funwiththoughts
SitaraPatriotPersonTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro openly admitted his argument was just opinion-based, and didn't actually respond to anything towards the end.
Vote Placed by calculatedr1sk 3 years ago
calculatedr1sk
SitaraPatriotPersonTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro was doing ok up until rounds 3 and 4, which were completely inappropriate and inadequate for a debate.
Vote Placed by Juris_Naturalis 3 years ago
Juris_Naturalis
SitaraPatriotPersonTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro cursed and put forth an argument so weak an aborted fetus could beat it.
Vote Placed by donald.keller 3 years ago
donald.keller
SitaraPatriotPersonTied
Reasons for voting decision: I must say.. I had no opinion regarding this, but Con did convince me that Mitt Romney is more representative of modern Conservatism. Both sides had equal S&G. While Con's sources were mostly Wikipedia, but I don't judge a site for being Wikipedia... I judge it by how appropriate it was and how well it backed him up. Con's sources were appropriate, but Pro also had appropriate sources, so they are even. Conduct was terrible for Pro... "How very disrespectful. I am sharing my opinion on a god damn opinion site." is HIGHLY inappropriate. I can say I've lost respect for Sitara after this. That alone closed Pro's case, deeming it an opinion and not an argument. That lost Argument for Pro, although the bad misuse of R3 and his ultimate source in R4 being his friends lost it to. Con simply proved that Romney was conservative, while Pro spoke of opinions and got mad.
Vote Placed by TeaPartyAtheist 3 years ago
TeaPartyAtheist
SitaraPatriotPersonTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro actually was ahead through the first half of the debate before he or she gave up and only referenced some people's reluctancy to vote for Romney. You should have continued to talk about abortion, and then the result may have been different.
Vote Placed by MassiveDump 3 years ago
MassiveDump
SitaraPatriotPersonTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro didn't argue. Rather, he attempted to refute an entire essay with one sentence. On top of that, Pro's conduct made me sh!t bricks.