kenito001
I_heart_debate

Sarah Palin will win the 2012 Presidential election

kenito001

Con

The burden of proof for this debate lies on the Affirmative. I will not be bringing up core arguments because I will base my case on defeating the Aff's construction supporting Palin's chances for a victory in 2012. The three points against Palin winning are:
1) Campaign message and focus doesn't translate to a victory (in the general election, and even possibly in the primary election)
2) High unfavorability
3) P.R. nightmare
I_heart_debate

Pro

I am a democrat and do not take this debate seriously.
I just want to have a good time and debate a funny topic.
Also the three points the CON mention are to abusive and should be drop.
It is not fair that the opponent does not have to answer such points, so I will not either.
Also unless you can see into the future there is no way that anyone can account for these factors.
Also it is way to abusive for the PRO to prove that Sara Palin will win, that is impossible.
I can only prove that she will mostly win.

Resolve: Sara Palin will most likely win the 2012 Presidential election.

Contention (1) Political Tools
Any candidate running for office needs charisma, experience and likability. With these three tools any candidate will increase their chances of possible winning an election. Sara Palin has plenty of charisma and likability with the Republican base and a young constituency. Also Sara Palin has plenty of experience in public office, thus giving her a huge advantage in the 2012 presidential election.

Contention (2) Republican evolution
The Republican party is having a harder time connecting to their constituency. Plenty of new voters and old republican voters feels that the GOP is no longer connected to their changing ideals and values. The Republican party can better change its image and seem more diverse and connected to their constituency with a smart and strong female candidate. Sara Palin is that new candidate that will usher in a new age of republican dominance.

Contention (3) The ideological pendulum
Republican ideals shine covered in Democrat excess. Constituencies typical move from liberal ideals to conservative ideals. Like a pendulum constituencies move left and then move back to the right and so on. The American constituency voted for Bill Clinton and then George W. Bush and finally Barack Obama. The political pendulum went from liberal (left) to conservative (right) to liberal again (left) and in 2012 right. Thus Giving Sara Palin more momentum to win the 2012 presidential election.
kenito001

Con

kenito001 forfeited this round.
I_heart_debate

Pro

Uh extend my contentions.
Silence is considered consent!
Vote AFF!
kenito001

Con

kenito001 forfeited this round.
I_heart_debate

Pro

I_heart_debate forfeited this round.
kenito001

Con

kenito001 forfeited this round.
I_heart_debate

Pro

Uh extend my contentions.
Silence is considered consent!
Vote AFF!
Posted by sherlockmethod 8 years ago
sherlockmethod
I'm not even going to vote on this nonsense.
Posted by I_heart_debate 8 years ago
I_heart_debate
) Campaign message and focus doesn't translate to a victory (in the general election, and even possibly in the primary election)
2) High unfavorability
3) P.R. nightmare
These three points the CON mention are to abusive and should be drop.
Posted by I_heart_debate 8 years ago
I_heart_debate
I will accept... on one condition.....
I can go back in time and bring John F. Kennedy to the future to be Palin's running mate.
Posted by TheSkeptic 8 years ago
TheSkeptic
"You could change it to "Sarah Palin will not win the 2012 Presidential election" and be PRO. The burden would be easier."

How is the burden of proof supposed to be any different? The current resolution and the one you offered have the exact same proposition but just in different wording.
Posted by wjmelements 8 years ago
wjmelements
PRO has quite a burden. I don't think anyone will accept.

You could change it to "Sarah Palin will not win the 2012 Presidential election" and be PRO. The burden would be easier.
Posted by Xer 8 years ago
Xer
"Sarah Palin will most likely win the 2012 Presidential election" makes more sense.
Posted by kenito001 8 years ago
kenito001
It's not proof, its theory based on ideologies assuming that it's Obama as the Democratic nominee and Palin competing against other notable GOP leaders for the nomination, and then against Obama for the Presidency. You could, of course, take into account variables like a Presidential assassination and political scandal into account, but that would be absurd. It's just a debate topic about the 2012 election given current conditions that can be forecasted (and there are many).
Posted by mongeese 8 years ago
mongeese
Wait, you expect someone to prove an event in four years? Sarah Palin might get hit by a truck in four years.