Sasuke Uchiha (Naruto) VS Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

I think Sasuke would beat Luffy in a fight to the death, going off the most current versions.

I accept and await my opponent's opening arguments. I will argue that it is more likely that Sasuke would not win against Luffy in a fight to the death.

Mr.Liermann forfeited this round.

I would like to thank my opponent for opening this debate.

Argument 1: Luffy is more resilient than Sasuke.

In Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 4, Sasuke and Naruto have the following discussion after a fight.

Sasuke: You" still want to keep fighting?

Naruto: Of course! I"ll fight you as many times as"

Sasuke: I accept it" I lost.[1]

We can see Sasuke immediately surrendered to Naruto before they even fought again. This does not strike me as very resilient. Perhaps in the middle of a death battle, Sasuke would say to Luffy that he lost.

On the other hand, Luffy is often in terrible situations that seem impossible to win.

In his fight with Magellan, Luffy seems to have no intention of giving up, even though it seems impossible. Magellan is made out of deadly poison, and any attempts to fight him in a hand to hand combat will most likely result with a limb covered in the mucus. But even when Luffy is surrounded by poison, and his skin is coated with the venom, he stands up as long as he physically can. [2]

Argument 2: Luffy would defeat Naruto in a death battle, according to ScrewAttack.[3]

Now ScrewAttack obviously is not canon, but this channel is composed of loyal fans who think deeply about the issues and consider many possibilities. While this does not prove that Luffy would win, it warrants thought and consideration, especially when we see that almost 38,000 people "liked" the YouTube video. Alternatively, only about 13,400 people disliked the video, as of today.

Naruto, the common enemy, helps us consider where our characters stand. Luffy would possibly defeat Naruto, but Sasuke said that he lost against Naruto. Based on this evidence alone, it seems more likely that Luffy would defeat Sasuke if we allow for forfeitures.

Argument 3: Luffy is incredibly strong.

Fans love Luffy for his amazing willpower and strength. In his battle with Geant, he delivers a literally eye-popping performance of pure force.[4]

According to One Piece Wiki, "his endurance and durability is incredible; taking continuous, deadly assaults from powerful opponents that would have killed a normal person easily in most of his fights, yet still being able to stand up and continue fighting effectively. Luffy also possesses tremendous speed, agility, and reflexes to match his strength and endurance. In fact, on more than one occasion, Luffy was able to anticipate moves and counter attacks that would normally be beyond his field of vision due to his sharp reflexes."[5]

Compare this with Sasuke"s power. "The pursuit of power, difficult enough on its own, is something that Sasuke repeatedly struggles with. Whenever he meets new people he makes an evaluation of their abilities: those he perceives to be weaker than himself he arrogantly disregards, giving them as little attention as possible so that they won't hold him back; those he perceives as stronger he fixates over and tries to surpass, especially when he believes he should be their equal."[6]

Sasuke is said to repeatedly struggle with power. I believe that in this department, Luffy is the powerhouse.

In conclusion, we have three good reasons to warrant the belief that Luffy would win in a battle against Sasuke. I leave it to my opponent to present an alternative case.

Mr.Liermann forfeited this round.

In conclusion, we have three uncontested arguments warranting the belief that Luffy would win in a fight to the death against Sasuke. My opponent presented no arguments, so I claim victory. Please vote!
Posted by Chibi_Believer 8 months ago
I would like this debate to be redone. I highly think that Sasuke would beat Luffy, and the creator of this debate has failed badly in defending the thought. Do not let my lame name fool you. <.<
Posted by geho89 9 months ago
Ya, but the Naruto series are over. There is a new series though, where Naruto is now the Hokage and the story no longer revolves around him. It can be seen throughout the series that kages are not immune to death. One Piece revolves around Luffy finding One Piece and rarely, do the characters die. So using forth wall logic, Luffy is immune to death.
Posted by TheRealGod 9 months ago
Yea so did naruto
Posted by geho89 9 months ago
Luffy has that main character immunity though..
Vote Placed by Unbelievable.Time 8 months ago
Reasons for voting decision: ff many times.