janetsanders733
VeniVidiVici

Satan is Evil

janetsanders733

Pro

First I would like to thank my opponent. I would like to debate you on this topic VeniVidiVici, and show you that Satan is Evil.
VeniVidiVici

Con

I thank you for choosing me as your opponent. I accept the challenge. I hope I can have a nice debate here. :)
janetsanders733

Pro

To begin, this is a hard topic for us as humans to understand, because we weren't there with God when Lucifer Fell out of heaven. I will first start with the nature of God. God's nature is both perfect justice and perfect love. Both of these are equally powerful, and neither can be compromised. Let's look first at God's justice, God's justice is fair and reaches to all mankind. When we stand before him on Judgement day God will not Immediately Reject someone because of appearance, that would go against his nature because he is loving, fair, compassionate, merciful, and kind; therefore, he will not judge somebody based on their appearance. So how does God judge?

Well in First Samuel 16, . " But the Lord said to Samuel, "Do not look at his appearance or at his physical stature, because I have refused him. For the Lord does not see as man sees;[a] for man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart."

Now only God can understand the man's heart and look into it. The same thing is with Satan. At the beginning before Lucifer became Satan, Lucifer was created with a free will like us to make choices. Now of course Lucifer was perfect, but not as perfect as God because if God could make something as equal as he then he wouldn't be God. Remember anything God creates he is above, he is LORD over all. Back to the point though Lucifer had the choice to do the right thing and serve God, or choose wrong and not serve God. God gave Lucifer the highest position in heaven and because Lucifer saw that God was above him he had PRIDE. This pride was what caused Lucifer to fall and become Satan. Satan wanted to betray God and that is why he took 1/3 of his angels with him.

So as stated above it would be against God's nature and who he is to create evil, because he can not create that which is bad because he is good.

Read more: http://www.reasonablefaith.org...
VeniVidiVici

Con

VeniVidiVici forfeited this round.
janetsanders733

Pro

So, in conclusion; God can not create evil or create sin. God created beings with a free will to choose him or not. Lucifer saw Good and had Pride from within, and he ended up betraying God and that is why he is Satan. Satan fell and is trying to be God.
VeniVidiVici

Con

VeniVidiVici forfeited this round.
Posted by Redmoon 3 years ago
Redmoon
My only comment on this debate: AMEN!!!!
Posted by janetsanders733 3 years ago
janetsanders733
Hello Jakeross6, I will think about it, because right now I have 2 debates. Thank you for the offer and I will try and get back to you.
Posted by Jakeross6 3 years ago
Jakeross6
I will gladly debate either of you on A) the problem of evil and B) the nature of God. The only source I will use is the bible unless I use a dictionary to define evil or morality and what not. I have already challenged gyephon and he has yet to respond. Janetsanders, I will next challenge you. I am pursuing anyone who debates with this girl on this subject because so far she has not explained her position well with this subject and I would like to attack the very questionable character of god.
Posted by janetsanders733 3 years ago
janetsanders733
It is, Con is debated another person before me with the same topic.
Posted by janetsanders733 3 years ago
janetsanders733
Posted by gryephon 3 years ago
gryephon
This debate rez looks familiar.