AaronD
LuceroOfTruth

Satan is better then God

AaronD

Pro

The reason Satan is better then God is because he is righteous. God has chosen the select few that he wants to be in heaven with him, and that's angels. Satan, however, has let everyone come in. Why would God send a fallen angel down to somewhere where he has to do what he is told? Even if he rules there. Answer me that.
LuceroOfTruth

Con

Satan is nothing close to righteousness. Anything bad comes from Satan, and anything good or representing good comes from God, it is in their nature. Even though Satan and God represent polar opposites, they both have one basic goal. God, our heavenly father, wants every one of his children to return to him, willingly. Many religions such as the Jehovah Witnesses believe God has a certain capacity of people that can enter into heaven, that is not true. God would not send his children down on earth and not provide them with a way back home. They don't have to be angels either. Satan, on the other hand wants every one of God's children to disobey God's commandment and lead them to basically, "Hell". I agree yes, Satan wants all of God's children to fall off the path of righteousness, but I disagree that God selects only the few that he wants. I testify of this, in the name of Jesus Christ.
AaronD

Pro

I hear what you say and I believe that you may be on the wrong track. Why would Jesus Christ put himself for people that disobey him? Just as with Eve, God had to plan for her to do it. He knew that she would disobey so in reality, she did what she believed to be righteous not evil. If God wanted her to not go near the forbidden fruit then he wouldn't have left it out in the open for her to be consumed by what she saw. The snake was as the bible calls the symbol of sin. But in reality it was humans curiosity. If what Eve did was wrong, then that means that we were supposed to be mindless zombies destined to follow what we were told. Satan is righteous because he holds connection to us. He has walked with us without our knowing. While God sent his son to try to become the mindless drones that he wanted us to be. He had his son take his life so that we would be ultimately destined to follow what we were told. I don't wish to follow something that gives me no sign to follow. I have tried hundreds of times to get into contact with God through prayer, but each time it came up with no sign of answer and no sign for me to foolishly follow others.
LuceroOfTruth

Con

LuceroOfTruth forfeited this round.
AaronD

Pro

AaronD forfeited this round.
LuceroOfTruth

Con

LuceroOfTruth forfeited this round.
AaronD

Pro

AaronD forfeited this round.
LuceroOfTruth

Con

LuceroOfTruth forfeited this round.
AaronD

Pro

AaronD forfeited this round.
LuceroOfTruth

Con

LuceroOfTruth forfeited this round.
Posted by redfred 1 year ago
redfred
Black flags

God is eternal - do u want him to stop existing ?

He existed before anyone and anything - that's the way it is - he is the creator
Posted by TheDeAndreOglesby 1 year ago
TheDeAndreOglesby
Why would you pray after a tragedy to a god who did nothing to prevent the tragedy? (Referring to the terrorist attacks in Paris.)
Posted by BlackFlags 1 year ago
BlackFlags
Lucifer resembles humanity more than God. If you read into the canonized and noncanonized stories of Lucifer, his character has always reminded me of my own assertions and my own struggles.

I became disassociated with religion upon concerns that the legitimacy of God's claim remained unproven, and other general concerns such as the possibility that God might be self righteous.

I accept the Christian lore, but can I also accept rulership from a self imposed Lord? At the current state, doing so would be akin to being a sheep.
Posted by redfred 1 year ago
redfred
Satan cannot possibly be better than God since God created him and every other Angel and human being that has ever existed - God alone has the power of creation - this is why Satan is jealous of God

You simply cannot be better or more than the one who created you - it's just not possible

The greater question you need to ask yourself is - why did God decide to create in the first place ?

He is sitting there in heaven and he decided to create the universe etc etc - why ?

Satan came up with I SLAM it is his lie and God allowed him to put this lie into the world since he knew it would act as a punishment for all the sins people offend him with - war famine disease etc etc are all punishments for offending God with evil

Even money - which is the mark of the beast - is an idea of Satan - and again God allowed him to put it into the world because he knows it will act as a punishment against the human race for offending him with evil

Why is there so much suffering ? Because there is so much sin so if you want the suffering of the innocent to stop then stop offending God with your disgusting evil filth

Any people who are choosing evil like sexual filth are the ones who are responsible for the suffering of the innocent since this is how God works - he allows the suffering of the innocent in order to save the guilty - Jesus Christ is the perfect example of that

And if you do not understand how God works then you are an idiot - and he is forced to punish the innocent because of others offending him with disgusting evil filth - do you understand ?

Satan is in the world telling people to do evil to offend God so God is forced to punish innocent people in order to save the guilty - it's the only thing that will placate his anger towards evil sinners - to stop himself from throwing them to hell

Jesus Christ - the most innocent of all - stopped God throwing people to hell because by virtue of his suffering and death he stopped us from going to he
Posted by redfred 1 year ago
redfred
First of all the correct English is "better than "

Shall I assume you are American ?

When comparing two things it's than - I like cheese more than bread etc etc

Using then is time based - I will eat my dinner then I will watch tv

Satans purpose is to take as many souls as possible with him to hell - Satan came to this world to prove to God that some people are evil and they deserve hell - God said "my creation is good " Satan said "no they are evil and I will go down there and do everything in my power to make them offend you"

And he has and many people are choosing hell by virtue of the evil they do and they have absolutely no idea that they are - all the sexual filth is evil and many are involved in it and they have no idea it means they are in danger of hell - this is how Satan works - he deceives using great subtlety - he makes people think they are fine and they are not doing any wrong but when they find out they have been doing evil all the time it's too late - because when they find out they are in hell

Satan is a liar and a deceiver - he has deceived many into thinking he is not real and when he convinces you he is not real he then moves onto convincing you to do anything you want and there are no consequences to it - this is how many people in the world think today

Satan asked God for hell so God created it for him - Satan wants everyone to suffer with him in hell forever because he is a jealous hater - satans kingdom is a place of darkness and pain and suffering - gods kingdom is a place of light and joy and happiness

Satan chose evil because he could not accept that he would never be like God - he is simply jealous of God and if you are jealous of someone it means you want to be like them

So Satan came here long ago to make people offend God to prove to him we are evil and that we deserve hell and gods justice means if you do evil things such as sexual filth etc then you go to hell

Could tell you more but there is a 2
Posted by Jnaejnae 1 year ago
Jnaejnae
The only thing satan and his followers did, is question god's authority. Nowhere in the bible does it state that satan created evil, or that he sends people to hell. He is simply an angel that doesnt want to follow his order. Now the tricky part of this is that we dont have a book WRITTEN by satan, meaning the bible is a biased and untrustworthy source even IF the christian god existed, that doesnt make it impossible that the bible is his propaganda, he could have unlimited power and goodness, or he can just be saying that so you wont go against his dictator ship. No one elected god, and by the looks of hit quite a few of his angels were severely punished for denying/questioning god. Thats likely worse actions than hitler himself did. As for sending people to hell, that is GODs job, satan was SENT there as the punishment, if satan was the person who sends people to hell, then first of all why does he have power over the all powerful and secondly how could he be sent to hell if he is the sender of hell. Another side note is that the bible doesnt actually state that people burn in hell forever, that most likely came up as a way to scare people into christianity. So even if satan was sending people to hell, it would be by gods orders, hence he would be following god.
Posted by Sir_Shadow 1 year ago
Sir_Shadow
This is an argument you won't win, because pretty much everyone will disagree :V

Though, I don't. I support pro lol
Posted by GoOrDin 1 year ago
GoOrDin
SALUTE. Satan is better < Then; GOD. God is yet better than Satan.
Posted by toretorden 1 year ago
toretorden
To LuceroOfTruth, are you aware of the suffering caused by God in the old testament? For the sake of God, innocent people were killed, tortured, burnt on the stake. Many woult think gay people today are inadequate in the eyes of the lord. Some would keep people in Africa from using condoms to protect them against HIV because they believe it is God's will not to use protection.

Today we talk about islam terrorists. If you go back in time, christianity and islam was he same religion (Jesus f.ex is regarded as a prophet in islam). That means that the god the islamist extremists kill for is the same god people pray to when they "pray for Paris".

In short, there's more human suffering surely attributable to God and his followers than Satan and his followers.
Posted by toretorden 1 year ago
toretorden
In the bible, God causes a lot more misery than the ol' devil. Even in the story of Job, it is God's will that Job suffers. He even nearly kills Moses in a bar (Exodus 4:24-26). I guess Pro has a case here.