Briannj17
WadeWilson2222

Satan is the Good Guy, God is the Bad Guy

Briannj17

Briannj17

Con

In a long comment argument in a debate http://www.debate.org... I felt inclined to make a debate. The rules are as follows, Using 16kadams Rules:

Rules:

1. First round is for acceptance only
2. Second round is for cases only
3. BOP is shared
4. No kritiks/semantics
5. Voting is on arguments only
6. Breaking rules = loss
7. Sources don't need to be in debate, but if you do that put them in an external link.
8. No NAP or annoying libertarian philosophy (counts as a K). Stats master race
9. You accept definitions
10. Don't troll me. Punishable by losing the debate and an capital punishment through Jaguars.

Round Structure:

R1: Acceptance. If Con needs clarification, ask for it here. Otherwise, no arguments.
R2-4: Arguments/Rebuttals
R5: Closing Remarks. You can address previous arguments, but don't offer new ones.
WadeWilson2222

Pro

For starters God wants you to live your life bound by rules. Whereas Stan wants you too live your life however you would like. Dumb ignorant people won't be able too see this, you have to sit back and really look at the facts. You lie and you sin, you sin and you go to hell. Satan on the hand, you lie who cares, sure to stupid people this makes him look bad, but is he really, is it bad he just wants you to be happy.
Briannj17

Con

First of all my opponent has already broken the rules but since it is kind of ironic that he states it is bad to follow rules I will allow this to happen.

The first statement saying that God only wants your life only to be lived bound by rules is quite far from the truth. That's only a day to day thing following the rules. "God wants all men to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth." (1 Timothy 2:4) that is the ultimate goal that God wishes for us. The Bible tells us "Christ died for sins once for all." (1 Peter 3:18) why would he do that if he didn't truly love us?

"You lie and you sin, you sin and you go to hell." Not quite accurate there bud. Repentance basically saying your sorry and meaning it may get you a good defense at judgement. http://www.jesus-is-savior.com... However following Satan will get you hell.

Following Satan will get you into hell
"And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice,
"If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand, the same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of His indignation.
And he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb.
And the smoke of their torment ascends up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name." (Revelation 14:9-11)

..."He (Satan) just wants you to be happy." Satan knows his days are numbered and he is striving to take as many with him as he can. He is not dumb you know, he was the Lords right hand man for quite some time, until jealousy lead him astray and turned him into a menace. He knows that if he can put doubt into the minds of man about if he exists or not or if he is unjust people will rebel against God. Matthew 13:19 http://www.reclaimingthemind.org...

Where we stand now...

Satan, the deceiver, the serpent, the accuser, Lucifer, we know him by many names none of them mean anything good, I have yet to see proof that Satan is the good guy. I have stated why Satan is the bad guy and God is the good guy. I look forward to my opponents response.
WadeWilson2222

Pro

WadeWilson2222 forfeited this round.
Briannj17

Con

Well than, I didn't expect this. I extend all arguments
WadeWilson2222

Pro

WadeWilson2222 forfeited this round.
Briannj17

Con

Extend again.
WadeWilson2222

Pro

WadeWilson2222 forfeited this round.
Briannj17

Con

Hopefully my opponent comes back. Extend.
WadeWilson2222

Pro

WadeWilson2222 forfeited this round.
Posted by Briannj17 1 year ago
Briannj17
Sorry but no cigar.
Posted by MizzEnigma 1 year ago
MizzEnigma
I got excited and thought this was going to be based around Onyx Satanism. Lol.
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 1 year ago
dsjpk5
Briannj17WadeWilson2222Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro ff many times, so conduct to Con.
Vote Placed by lannan13 1 year ago
lannan13
Briannj17WadeWilson2222Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture