WadeWilson2222
ResponsiblyIrresponsible

Satan is the good guy

ResponsiblyIrresponsible

WadeWilson2222

Con

Satan is the good guy and God is the bad guy. For starters God had Abraham sacrifice his only son Isaac on the top of a mountain. God never really intended for him to he just wanted too see how loyal Abraham really was. Satan on the other hand isn't as cruel, he doesn't care how you live your life he wants you to live your life how you want to live it. Satan wouldn't have you sacrifice your son just to see if you would do it.
ResponsiblyIrresponsible

Pro

I accept. As PRO, I must argue that Satan is the good guy, whereas CON must argue that this is not the case.

CON writes, "Satan is the good guy and God is the bad guy."

In so doing, he effectively concedes the debate--he admits that Satan is the good guy and that God is the bad guy, contrary to his position compelling him to argue otherwise.

He provides several reasons justifying this position, all of which readily support my case. There is no way that CON can win this debate at this point.

Vote PRO.
WadeWilson2222

Con

Yes I just noticed that my mistake I am for this as I wouldn't have put it otherwise.
ResponsiblyIrresponsible

Pro

CON has conceded the debate by admitting that he actually supports the resolution.

Therefore, vote PRO.
WadeWilson2222

Con

Well it should have been quite obvious that I made a mistake by the way I said what i said.
ResponsiblyIrresponsible

Pro

CON is trying to deflect blame onto me for his own mistake. In reality, only he is at fault for listing himself as CON, and going on to argue in favor of his resolution. You cannot possibly buy this laughable narrative that in some way *I'm* at fault because CON is unable to properly structure a resolution.

Vote PRO.
WadeWilson2222

Con

WadeWilson2222 forfeited this round.
WadeWilson2222

Con

I am truly sorry for being as careless as i was and forgot to switch my con to pro.
ResponsiblyIrresponsible

Pro

No problem.

Vote PRO.
Posted by ResponsiblyIrresponsible 1 year ago
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Lollolololol oh the post-hoc rationalization is rich.
Posted by zlatan10 1 year ago
zlatan10
In response to your comment about Job, you are correct about Satan not literally doing these things, but God didn't. He just had enough trust in Job that he ALLOWED Satan to LET those things occur. He would never do it himself. And another story. Satan wanted to have the power over the angels and heaven, not God. He was the "Angel of the morning sun," aka Lucifer. He was the most beautiful Angel and felt he needed more.
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Do you mind posting one more time? I'm planning to leave on Wednesday... and really don't want to have to wait an extra day for you to FF again.
Posted by WadeWilson2222 1 year ago
WadeWilson2222
Agreed.
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
lol

Correction: the character was portrayed as a dick. "He" wasn't a dick, but there is no "he."
Posted by WadeWilson2222 1 year ago
WadeWilson2222
That's not true, the boy who cried wolf was just a dick.
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
I have another explanation: God isn't great, but he isn't evil either. He just doesn't exist. Much like the purple unicorn or the tooth fairy or the easter bunny, he's neither good nor evil: he's a fairy tale. We don't assign human qualities or make value judgments on fairy tales.
Posted by WadeWilson2222 1 year ago
WadeWilson2222
Yes the story of job shows just how messed up the bible is. People say God is great but if you look at it he's not. He didn't want Adam and Eve too know good and evil. Instead he told them that if they ate from the tree of knowledge that they would die, when in actuality they would become knowledgable and know the difference between good and evil. Instead God wanted them to be mindless freaks and do what he says.
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
@BaxterDebate: No, I'm not a biblical scholar, though that I know more about the Bible than zlatan--and evidently you, as well--is the *reason* I'm an atheist (and why your literacy ad hominem is positively ludicrous projection).

I don't even know what in the actual fck you're saying other than "Satan is a bad guy, yo!"

There are several responses to that:

(1) You're a fcking moron. I am not defending this position--I took advantage of a skewed resolution for a free win. Thanks for showing that you're constitutionally incapable of reading any comment made on this debate, or even looking at the debate itself. That you would throw out the illiteracy innuendo is a testament to your disconnect with reality.

(2) Stop acting as though God and Satan are actual people or that your magic book is a historical account. It's not: a politically-charged, handed-down piece of crap written several hundreds years after Jesus' passing. It's as credible as the graffiti I found today in my university bathroom this morning, and probably even less so, since I can verify that the message I saw this morning wasn't there last week based on my *first-hand* account.

(3) I was responding to another person's confusion about the Book of Job. It is an absolute *fact* that God, not Satan, opted to *test* Job through, for instance, killing his family and livestock. I'm not sure how many ways I need to say this to ingrain that into your feeble, dimwitted skull, but that's a fact--and that you're too stupid and ignorant comprehend this very basic fact is frankly not my problem.

tl;dr: Ignorant, illiterate people shouldn't project: it doesn't bode well for them when smarter people, rightly, knock them down.
Posted by BaxterDebate 1 year ago
BaxterDebate
@Responsiblyirrseponsibile... Are you a biblical scholar? do you have third grade literacy?-- Job 1:9-12 "Does Job fear God for nothing?" Satan replied. "Have you (God) not put a hedge around him and his household and everything he has? You (God) have blessed the work of his hands, so that his flocks and herds are spread throughout the land. But now stretch out your hand and strike everything he has, and he will surely curse you to your face." The LORD said to Satan, "Very well, then, everything he (Job) has is in your (Satan) power, but on the man himself do not lay a finger." Then Satan went out from the presence of the LORD. -- It was Satan who took everything away. It was God who gave Job back twice what he lost. As for the reasoning behind this, you would not understand. It was no bet, God knew what would happen. --Revelation 12:10 Then I heard a loud voice in heaven, saying, "Now the salvation, and the power, and the kingdom of our God and the authority of His Christ have come, for the accuser of our brethren (Satan) has been thrown down, he who accuses them before our God day and night. -- Satan does not leave us alone to be happy, he, along with our own free will, are the cause of our misfortune and troubles. Satan wants to watch the world and all mankind burn in hell beside him.
Vote Placed by kingkd 1 year ago
kingkd
WadeWilson2222ResponsiblyIrresponsibleTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conceded
Vote Placed by Midnight1131 1 year ago
Midnight1131
Vote Placed by Rosalie 1 year ago
Rosalie
Reasons for voting decision: Con ff.