Satanism is being promoted by the mass media.

I will be arguing for the motion that Satanism is being promoted by the mass media.

Satanism: The worship of Satan or Lucifer from the Bible and following of the Satanic ideology.

1st round acceptence.

Last round final rebuttal + summary

I welcome the contender.

I will argue that Satanism is not being promoted by the mass media.

BoP is on Pro, of course.

This should be an interesting debate!

In this debate it will be my aim to show that the media inadvertantly or otherwise promotes Satanism. One way I will accomplish this is by showing that the media never stops promoting Satanic celebrities. Celebrities adopt certain symbols to show their allegience to Satan, they are then dutifully promoted by the media. It exceeds my BOP to show that the media intentionally promotes Satanic celebrities, but I hope that the fact they do becomes apparent during the debate.

If I can show the mainstream media continually promotes celebrities who exhibit Satanism, I win.. If my opponent can show the contrary, he wins. If neither of us can wholly convince you, you should vote on the tide of evidence.

Alice Bailey (1880-1949) identifies Lucifer as 'the ruler of humanity', the 'son of the morning' and 'the prodigal son'. 1

She is the founder of Lucis Trust, formerly known as 'Lucifers Publishing Company', under which she published her books. 2

Today, Lucis Trust is an NGO with the department of Public Information of the United Nations. "It maintains informal relations with certain of the Specialised Agencies and with a wide range of national and international non-governmental organisations. " 3

"The Workers in the Field of Religion...[are] to formulate the universal platform of the new world religion. The platform of the new world religion will be built by the many groups, working under the inspiration of the Christ <Lucifer>..." Discipleship In The New Age, Vol 1, p 38, by Alice Bailey.

In her books bailey discusses 10 steps to implement this Luciferian world religion, here are some of the most relevent ones:

"Remove restrictions on sex. Sex is the biggest joy and Christianity robs people of this. People must be freed to enjoy it without restrictions. It’s not just for married, it’s for everybody.
Since sex is the greatest expression of man’s enjoyment of life, man must be free to express sex in ALL its forms. Homosexuality, orgies, even bestiality are desirable so long as no one is being abused or harmed."

Have we increasingly seen the media promoting material which fits this description? Do we see them promoting homosexuality and all forms of pornography in music videos? Do we see the media calling people against homosexual marriage "bigots"? Do I need a screencap of the Daily Mail front page with a picture of Rihanna "sizzling", in her "bold", new outfit while dry-humping some guy on stage?

"People must be free to abort unwanted children. If a man can have sex and then live without the consequences then the same should be true for a woman too. A woman must have the right to abort an unwanted child."

Do we see the media promote this kind of 'ladette' culture? "Girl power"?

"Defuse religious radicalism. Christianity says JESUS IS THE ONLY WAY. Defuse this by a) silencing Christianity and b) promoting other faiths (the creation of interfaith harmony)"

Do we see the media promoting interfaith cultures? "Multiculturalism"? Do we see the media claiming the slightest objection to another culture is "racist"?

"Break the Traditional Judaeo-Christian Family Concept. Break communication between parents and children so that parents can’t pass on spiritual values to their children. Do this by pushing excessive child rights."

Do we see the media promoting material which fits this description? Do they promote rebellious content or devices which would help break down parent-child communication? Text speak? The internet?

"Use the Media to Influence Mass Opinion. Create mass opinion that is receptive to these values by using TV, film, the press etc. (NB what western believers call normal in the African church would be pornography)."

Do we see the media creating mass opinion receptive to these values? Do they refer to miley Cyrus as a slut, or "daring" and "brave"?

"Debase art in all its forms. Corrupt music, painting, poetry and every expression of the heart and make is obscene, immoral and occultic. Debase the arts in every way possible."

Do we see the media promoting art which is corrupted? Gaga? Kesha? Beyonce? Gangster rap? Guns, drugs and hoes?

The Wickedest Man in The World

Aleister Crowley was a Satanist and one of the most influential men of the 20th century.

In his book 'Magic in theory and practice", speaking of human sacrifice Crowley tells us "For the highest spiritual working one must accordingly choose that victim which contains the greatest and purest force. A male child of perfect innocence and high intelligence".

He said: "I simply went over to Satan's side and I do not know why. I was not content to just believe in Satan, I wanted to be his chief of staff.”

He also coined the phrase in his "Book of the Law", spoke to him by a demon: "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. "

Aleister Crowley was one of the biggest influences in the 1960's counter "free love", culture. He appeared as one of The Beatles heroes on the cover the Sgt Pepper album. John Lennon said in an interview with Playboy; “The whole Beatle idea was to do what you want, right? To take your own responsibility.” Lennon was paraphrasing “Do what thou wilt,”.

Crowley is also credited with bringing Eastern religions to the West, largely through The Beatles, and consistent with the "Defuse religious radicalism. Christianity says JESUS IS THE ONLY WAY. Defuse this by a) silencing Christianity and b) promoting other faiths (the creation of interfaith harmony)" required by Alice Bailey

The Beatles were the first of their kind. They also introduced some of the symbology which hopeful popstars over the next half century would use to subtly confirm their allegience to Satan.

In his book, Magic in Theory and Practice, Crowley taught "the law of reversal", clearly inspired by Isaiah 29:15

"15 Those who try to hide their plans from the Lord are doomed! They carry out their schemes in secret and think no one will see them or know what they are doing. 16 They turn everything upside down."

The law of reversal:

"“. . .train himself to think BACKWARDS by external means, as set forth here following.
(a) Let him learn to write BACKWARDS. . .
(b) Let him learn to walk BACKWARDS. . .
(c) Let him. . . listen to phonograph records REVERSED
(Crowley, Aleister. Magick: Liber ABA, book four, 1994 Ordo Templi Orientis edition, p. 639)

Which is why when Jayz's song "Lucifer", is played backwards you will hear "6.6.6.Murder. Murder Jesus"

And why certain Satanic whores wear upside down crosses:

Crowley said of womanhood in his new religion:

“The essence of my Word is to declare woman to be Herself, of, to, and for Herself; and I give this one irresistible Weapon, the expression of Herself and Her will through sex, to Her on precisely the same terms as to man… The best women have always been sexually-free, like the best men; it is only necessary to remove the penalties for being found out.”

The Book of the Law, III:55

Where do we see sexual promotion of women?

"Be neither man nor woman, but both in one."
-The Heart of the Master

In "The Book of the Law" Crowley discusses the “Aeon of Horus,” a time in which the people will ”Do what thou wilt”, a time when his religion will reign supreme. The all-seeing-eye that he wears in the picture I have given is the eye of Horus, the ultimate symbol of his religion. Here is some more Satanic symbology:

Now see if you recognise some in these pictures

The guy the pentagram shirt is David Beckham

the mainstream media promotes Satanism. To such a degree, it is hard to find a celeb who isn't blatantly suckling Satans scrotum for their fame and fortune.

I am out of space but theres much more for round 2. Good luck my opponent.

1: Externalisation of the Hierarchy, Alice Bailey, p. 107.

Hematite12 forfeited this round.

Sadly my opponent has forfeited.
As this is a no contest, I won't go on long, but i will just post a couple of quotes:

GaGa "swears to lucifer"

Katy Perry sells her soul to Satan

Bob Dylan sold his soul

Nicki Mingyass on her split personality "Roman", who "lives in me, and says the things that I don't want to say"

Beyonce on her split personality "Sasha Fierce", who "does the things i can't do".

The latter two are examples of demonic posession.

I could go in to how this relates to the Monarch Project, and how that was inspired by Aleistar Crowley in his book "moonchild". But as the debate is over i will leave that to the more inquisitive among you to investigate yourselves.

Vote Pro!

Hematite12 forfeited this round.

Vote Pro!

Hematite12 forfeited this round.
Posted by Wylted 2 years ago
Andy, you know this is my thing. I wish you challenged me. Ugh.
Vote Placed by Geogeer 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Con forfeited - Points to Pro.