Sauron vs Voldermort (Tom Marvolo Riddle)

Started: 3/26/2015 Category: Movies

Who do you think would win in a one on one battle?

I think Sauron.

First round is acceptance.

Good luck,

Dark Magic vs Dark Magic. Should be interesting. They have quite a few similar traits.

I thank my opponent for this debate,

I will now go over a 2 factors that I think will give Sauron the win

Sauron entered Middle-Earth as a Maia in the 1st Age. He was an extremely powerful Maia, even among his own kin. Later in his years, he became a servant for Melkor, the orignal dark lord. Sauron was trained my Melkor, as he proved to be his most powerful servant. This is evident in Sauron's conquest of Middle Earth in the 2nd Age. Sauron has had experience fighting for almost 3 ages, against powerful foes such as Elendi, Isildur, Gil-Galad, and Gandalf. His experience will definitely give him an edge over Voldermort, who only lived for 71 years.

Sauron was the master of deception. His will to dominate anybody will certainly give him the edge. In the first age, Sauron often took fair forms to convince his enemies to pardon him. Perhaps his greatest feat was convincing the Elves into creating the Rings of Power. Sauron controlled the Elves to do his bidding, and only till the very end, did the Elves realize he had tricked them. Later on, he corrupted many men and wizards, who would later become servants for him (referring to the Nazgul, and Saruman). Sauron would easily be able to corrupt Voldermort, as one of Voldermorts greatest weaknesses were the desire for power.

One Ring

The One Ring was perhaps Saurons most powerful weapon, as it enhanced his powers, and also allowed him to control the weak minded. In a way, the One Ring was also a horcrux, as you would need to destroy it to destroy the host. However, unlike Voldermort's horcruxes, the One Ring had more ablilites. It was able to corrupt and drive the bearer insane (not including Sauron). Say hypothetically, Voldermort managed to take the Ring of Sauron's hand, the ring would definitely corrupt Voldermort and render him useless. Much like how the Nazgul were affected.

Sauron possessed a powerful mace that he used in his battles. One strike with the mace, would send dozens of men to their doom. This was evident in the battle of Dagorlad.

Deep knowledge of Sorcery and Magic

Let me list a few things that Sauron had acomplished with magic.

Building his fortress in Barad-Dur
Breeding his own army of Orcs, Black Orcs, Olog-Hai and many dark creatures
Corrupting the men who had possession of the 9 rings, and turning them into the Nazgul
Corrupting Saruman
Tricking the Elves into creating the rings.

With all of these skills, Sauron would definitely dominate Voldermort in a one on one battle. He clearly has more experience that Voldermort, and he has a deeper knowledge of magic. This is evident through the feats he had accomplished, compared to what Voldermort had accomplished.

Dryykon forfeited this round.

Con has forfeited, so I extend my arguments.

Dryykon forfeited this round.
Vote Placed by tejretics 1 year ago
Reasons for voting decision: FF. Pro used the only sources.
Vote Placed by ConceptEagle 1 year ago
Reasons for voting decision: Con did not present any sources so I cannot tell what he would have used to support his arguments. Con used fragments -shaky grammar. Also, Con forfeited.