mostlogical
PowerPikachu21

Save One Life? Or Save Three Lives?

PowerPikachu21 has forfeited round #2.

mostlogical

Pro

Should you rescue three people if it means one person will die? Or should you choose to rescue one person if it means three people will die?

Here is a scenario, you are on a boat with no ladders, four people are going to drown unless you throw a life buoy, but you only have one life buoy! Should you throw it to one person, and let three drown? Or throw it to the group of three on the other side of the boat so that only one person drowns?

I will argue that the life buoy should be thrown towards the person on their own, whereas Con will argue that the life bouy should be thrown to the group of three

Arguements may commence in round one. I only ask that in the last round no new arguements are made and no new sources are made, thanks
PowerPikachu21

Con

Utilitarianism. Less loss of happiness from the 3 people's families. In a normal circumstance, I'd throw the life saver at the group of 3 rather than at the one person.
mostlogical

Pro

If it is right to save more lives, and make more people happy then I win. Throwing a life saver to the one person, means three die but the organs of each dead person will go on to save up to 24 people and improve the lives of about 150 [1].

Also, if Con saved three people and let one die, those three who live would just continue living their life as normal. But by saving one person over three, means the one person will want to do more with their life.

sources:

[1] http://www.liveonny.org...
Posted by PowerPikachu21 9 months ago
PowerPikachu21
Yeah. I bet I could"ve made an argument, if I researched a bit more.
Posted by mostlogical 9 months ago
mostlogical
I don't think my opponent has a counter arguement
Posted by PowerPikachu21 9 months ago
PowerPikachu21
So why would you save 1 life vs 3 lives? There's definitely one circumstance where I'd save the one person... maybe.
Posted by mostlogical 9 months ago
mostlogical
Hopefully it makes more sense now
Posted by canis 9 months ago
canis
The quetation makes no sense..The answer makes no sense..So what did you do ?