Its-you-or-me
Danielle

Saying that 9/11 was an inside job is a verbal assualt to families who have lost them

Its-you-or-me

Pro

Resolved: Saying that 9/11 was an inside job is a verbal assualt to families who have lost them in that event.

I affirm the resolution and will let con have the first speech.
Danielle

Con

Ignoring the fact that saying 9/11 was an inside job doesn't always have to be a verbal proclamation, I negate the notion that expressing such a sentiment is an "assault" on anyone. The dictionary defines assault in several ways:

1. A sudden, violent attack; onslaught: an assault on tradition.
2. Law. An unlawful physical attack upon another; an attempt or offer to do violence to another, with or without battery, as by holding a stone or club in a threatening manner.
3. Military. The stage of close combat in an attack [1].

First of all, the Burden of Proof Fallacy applies to this debate. As Pro, my opponent has the burden of affirming the resolution and as such his dismissal of Round One to leave the Con to make the first argument was a bold, yet incredibly weak move. In a debate, the burden of proof always rests on the Pro position. That said, my initial contention (as I have nothing to refute, yet) reads:

- FREEDOM OF SPEECH -

Freedom of speech/expression is an unalienable right granted to us through documents such as the United States Constitution, as well as recognized by international and and regional human rights law. The restrictions to freedom of speech include violations of: the interests of national security; territorial integrity or public safety; the prevention of disorder or crime; the protection of health or morals; the protection of the reputation or the rights of others; the disclosure of information received in confidence; or for maintaining the authority and impartiality of the judiciary [2].

Pro has the burden of proving such a claim (that 9/11 was an inside job) violates any of these boundaries in order for his statement to be valid. Assuming that Pro would attack the notion that such an expression would violate the protection of health or morals, and/or the protection of the reputation or the rights of others, I maintain that (1) It simply doesn't, thus the application of Free Speech applies, (2) Ignoring the facts that support this theory would be irrational, dangerous, and possibly oppressive, and (3) Placing the blame of the attacks on a government "scam" hardly affects the FAMILIES of the deceased, but rather negatively portraits the establishment. Criticizing or critiquing the establishment is another right of American citizens, and some would argue that it is the basis or foundation of democracy in general.

That said, I'll refrain from including additional arguments at this point; I feel as though I have effectively argued against the resolution thus far. I look forward to Pro's rebuttal so that I may introduce any new counter-arguments in the next round(s).

[1] http://dictionary.reference.com...
[2] http://www.idebate.org...
Its-you-or-me

Pro

Lwerd I apologize but I will have to concede because I am moving apartments and will not have access to comp. When I do I will start same debate with you as my opponent if you wish. All apologies
Danielle

Con

It's no problem, Pro - I completely understand (things happen).

Feel free to challenge me again to this debate when you return.

Good luck with your move!
Its-you-or-me

Pro

Its-you-or-me forfeited this round.
Danielle

Con

Extend my arguments.
Its-you-or-me

Pro

Its-you-or-me forfeited this round.
Danielle

Con

Danielle forfeited this round.
Posted by Its-you-or-me 8 years ago
Its-you-or-me
someone voted for me?

I conceded. Who would do that.
Posted by Meganrihanne1992x 8 years ago
Meganrihanne1992x
vri-veri what you just previously stated was not a personal attack, Your very immature to make asumptions for me behind a screen, i have recently ignored your last comments under circumstances not to cause an irrelevant arguement, yet your bieng COMPLETELY hypocrtitical by saying I make personal attacks in accordance with the L werd whether or whether not they are relevant and your doing exactly the same!.

Secondly you ask if i have had anger mannagment? No my dear, what an inproper personal and ignorant thing to ask, you dont know me! unless you would like some info into my personal background to give you some reasuurance that someone dosent need a mental illness to disagree with statements!.. would that make you feel better?

Dont be naieve, american government overule any middle eastern terrorist organization. and i replied to L werd on here because it wouldnt let me post one on her profile.
Why dont you be the inteligent one and ignore statements you dont like which you know will lead to a absurd debate over comments, i hate thick minded people like you that have such a naieve stereotypical approach to things, why dont you "let go" and let things fly past your head hmm? (thought not)
Posted by Vi_Veri 8 years ago
Vi_Veri
your ability to let things go* (correction)
Posted by Vi_Veri 8 years ago
Vi_Veri
Meganrihanne1992x, could you do everyone a favor and stop following and harassing theLwerd. You have a bad attitude - and a lot of insecurity issues yourself. Obviously you following theLwerd to this debate to state your little comments about how she's "wrong" show this quite black and white, hon'. Your insecurities traveled past the former debate and have latched themselves onto this one. This also shows your lack of ability to let things to and continue on with life. Do you happen to have anger management issues?

Megs, I believe you should leave the psycho-analyzing to the professionals and move on (because your hits can be hit right back to your insecure self).

I must comment, though, that I also think your hard prejudice comment of calling the American government a terrorist organization is blatantly ignorant. (as ignorant as you depict the U.S. government to be)

So get off about talking about former topics (you know you started it, it's obviously posted below) and make some appropriate, educated comments and leave people be.

Stop your nagging.
Posted by Meganrihanne1992x 8 years ago
Meganrihanne1992x
THE AMERICAN GOVERNMENT ARE THE BIGGEST TERRORISTS OUT OF THEM ALL (:
Lmao everyone knows thats who blatantly casued 9/11
Posted by Meganrihanne1992x 8 years ago
Meganrihanne1992x
ha Lwerd idiot u knew exactly what i was talking about..

us houldnt state things and not expect to get a fully reply
Posted by Danielle 8 years ago
Danielle
I don't know, Pro, she's retarded...
Posted by Its-you-or-me 8 years ago
Its-you-or-me
wtf.......
Posted by Meganrihanne1992x 8 years ago
Meganrihanne1992x
firstly Lwerd (con)

Id like to state something
I was not dismissing the fact of plagiarism it dosent dismiss the terms of coniditions afterall i never stated i wrote it hence the fact i wrote after the arguement what people think.. i would hardly call it illegal
secondly I think you have some issues over insecurity stereotyping me over a picture its preety unintelligent perception ,
I would call you preety ignorant ..afterall im the one with a picture of myself on my prof
Besides the fact appearance was not relevant to the subject at all ... preety immature isnt it? get off your high horse love && grown some intelligence
and your 21!
I assure you jealousy wont get you nowhere my dear (:
Vote Placed by atheistman 7 years ago
atheistman
Its-you-or-meDanielleTied
Vote Placed by GeoLaureate8 8 years ago
GeoLaureate8
Its-you-or-meDanielleTied
Vote Placed by Its-you-or-me 8 years ago
Its-you-or-me
Its-you-or-meDanielleTied
Vote Placed by Colucci 8 years ago
Colucci
Its-you-or-meDanielleTied
Vote Placed by Maikuru 8 years ago
Maikuru
Its-you-or-meDanielleTied
Vote Placed by Danielle 8 years ago
Danielle
Its-you-or-meDanielleTied
Vote Placed by Justinisthecrazy 8 years ago
Justinisthecrazy
Its-you-or-meDanielleTied