pianodude2468
baus

Saying war, or any violence for that matter, is in the name of god is incorrect.

pianodude2468

Pro

In this debate I mostly will be focusing on the religious disputes in the middle east, thus focused on Islam, Judaism, and Christianity. I believe that god would never ask for war against any group of people. After all I believe god is love.
baus

Con

I agree that God is love.

God is the love of violence.
pianodude2468

Pro

pianodude2468 forfeited this round.
baus

Con

baus forfeited this round.
pianodude2468

Pro

pianodude2468 forfeited this round.
baus

Con

baus forfeited this round.
Posted by Forgiven 3 years ago
Forgiven
I would say that claiming war, or any violence, in the name of God, is usually illegitimate." I don't believe every time someone does something it the name of God that it is necessarily true. However, I don't believe that we are in any position to judge God's motives. In the Bible, God has called for things like this. He knows what's best. Perhaps He will call someone to murder and man who would have later in his life murder 1,000 men. We just don't know. So I don't believe that it's really our place in life to decide whether what God calls people to do is "correct" or not. Now, doing things that are wrong and then claiming that they are in the name of God when they aren't, I DO believe THAT is incorrect.