ShelbyStoll2000
redcenturion42

School Should Start Earlier and end Earlier

ShelbyStoll2000

Pro

School should start earlier in the day so that kids can go out when the sun is still shining and they can have fun. If school started at (eg.) 7:00am and went until 1:00 - 1:30pm, kids would be able to go home early and have fun and enjoy themselves.
redcenturion42

Con

Being in middle school I find the mere idea of school starting earlier appalling. With having growing bodies teens and children need more sleep. I must wake up at 7:00 am every day and find it a struggle to make it through my classes. With students being sleepy they would become less focused and grades would drop. If by going home and playing video games or such then I disagree. sleep is much more important. Having six hours of free time every day should leave you plenty of time to do what you want without you being sleep deprived. If anything school should start later to give kids more time to sleep.
ShelbyStoll2000

Pro

Wow, I never thought I would be having to debate like this. I could write whole paragraphs on things that I never said. For instance; I never said anything about what time students went to bed, who says that kids can't go to sleep a little bit earlier at night so they could be well rested. I never said anything about kids playing video games. I have no idea where you are from, but where i'm from, speaking from personal experience, most kids have very active lives. I go to middle school too, I'm always out with my friends, at the mall, park or just hanging out at our rec center. As for the kids who will play video games, they play video games no matter what time they finish school! They don't care. But for the kids who do have an active life, it's not fair for them to be out of school so late. In winter, it gets dark an hour after school is done. That is completely unfair.
redcenturion42

Con

redcenturion42 forfeited this round.
ShelbyStoll2000

Pro

I have said all that I had to say
redcenturion42

Con

redcenturion42 forfeited this round.
Posted by nikidavis 3 years ago
nikidavis
You say that if school started at 7:00, it would end at 1:00 to 1:30 but actually it would end at 1:30 to 2:00